Russ Brandon: He's never going away

Albany,n.y.

3 hours ago, Since1981 said:

The bills business side always feels like Uncle Buck and friends. Like a small town with nepotism (interbreeding). “Director of Marketing” anywhere else would be an actual professional

I see background shows on some of these people and they all seem barely capable. Russ comes from that gene pool. 

He was from outside and somehow gained the trust of Ralph Wilson more than anyone else.

That s.o.b. tried to move us to Canada and sell the team to bon jovi. On top of being Mr. Nasty in the building. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! in all seriousness summer football should only be for undrafted/practice squad guys like a NFL g league. More touches and looks for talent that doesn't get it in the regular season.

9 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33341262/xfl-petri-dish-football-innovation-prospect-development-part-partnership-agreement-nfl

The NFL-XFL agreement will give the NFL a "petri dish" to experiment with proposed rules, test new equipment and develop prospective officials and coaches, XFL president Russ Brandon told ESPN.

"'How can you be an incubator or an accelerant in many different verticals, from officiating to rules innovations to playing surfaces, to player development?' You can go on and on.

An accelerant in many different verticals???!!!?!

Apparently old Russ hasn't learned from his earlier foibles. I think it was Andy Levitre who got him on the little blue pill and Russ has never been the same.

8 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

“Petri-dish”....isn’t this why PSE got rid of him?

🤣 Yes, Russ "The world is my sperm bank" Brandon.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Did I miss something?

[subscription may be required:]

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/article_627990fe-618f-5864-8251-fb29d950d192.html

"[...] Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News on Tuesday.

[...]

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered."

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

I liked Russ. He had good intentions and was passionate about our team. Ralph always treated him like his son. 

That was the problem right there… Ralph empowered the wrong person who made some terrible decisions for the franchise.  The second half of the drought is largely on the shoulders of Brandon as well as Wilson

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

I liked Russ. He had good intentions and was passionate about our team. Ralph always treated him like his son. 

Good intentions?

I guess that depends on who you ask.

😅

He certainly was passionate about his hobby of spelunking.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

15 minutes ago, chongli said:

[subscription may be required:]

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/article_627990fe-618f-5864-8251-fb29d950d192.html

"[...] Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News on Tuesday.

[...]

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered."

I thought he was having a relationship with a well known PSE employee which wasn't allowed.

Not exactly the worst thing in the world.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I’ll always remember Russ for two things:

(1) The f**king Toronto series

(2) “Don’t let him leave the building”

Gotta give the dude credit, he’s a wheeler-dealer and master manipulator who has carved out a pretty damn good life for himself.

That said — eff him.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I’ll always remember Russ for two things:

(1) The f**king Toronto series

(2) “Don’t let him leave the building”

Gotta give the dude credit, he’s a wheeler-dealer and master manipulator who has carved out a pretty damn good life for himself.

That said — eff him.

We honestly have no idea what type of person he is. He was the President of a dying franchise. Without the Pegulas the Buffalo Bills would be dead.

It was a tough situation.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We honestly have no idea what type of person he is. He was the President of a dying franchise. Without the Pegulas the Buffalo Bills would be dead.

I think we actually do know what sort of a person he is, based upon how he was dismissed from the Pegulas’ enterprise.  He’s a snake oil salesman and very good at it.

• Like (+1) 1

Something very toxic about that Russ guy

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I do miss nfl Europe. It provided some relief of no football during the offseason. And it was better than the xfl or any other amateur football league that has been imo. There were some success stories too like our own Fred Jackson and that tool bag Kurt Warner 

I enjoyed NFL Europe because I knew a few of the players that were playing over there personally and that made it fun to root for them

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

People don’t get fired like him with the rumors that were spreading about him often I think we know exactly what kind of play person he was

9 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

I guess your view of Brandon depends upon what you consider "good intentions".   His "good intentions" meant maximizing profits while doing just enough to keep butts in the seats ... like conning fans into believing the Bills were actually trying to improve the team on the field.  Two best examples -- signing FA Mario Williams and Terrell Owens to "star" on teams that were filled with JAGs, especially at skill positions, and coached by bottom feeder coaches.

44 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Excuse me, but we do know what kind of person he was.  He sexually harassed female employees and he then lied to his employers about it.  Sexual harassment means that he used his powerful position within the Bills/Sabres organization to impose himself on women who worked for the Bills and/or Sabres.    It's NOT the same thing as having a consensual relationship with a co-worker because it's based on coercion. 

It was a tough situation for female employees who worked for the Bills and/or Sabres, especially the ones who attracted Brandon's unwanted attentions, but Brandon got what he deserved for both the sexual harassment and his lies to the Pegulas.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I guess your view of Brandon depends upon what you consider "good intentions".   His "good intentions" meant maximizing profits while doing just enough to keep butts in the seats ... like conning fans into believing the Bills were actually trying to improve the team on the field.  Two best examples -- signing FA Mario Williams and Terrell Owens to "star" on teams that were filled with JAGs, especially at skill positions, and coached by bottom feeder coaches.

Excuse me, but we do know what kind of person he was.  He sexually harassed female employees and he then lied to his employers about it.  Sexual harassment means that he used his powerful position within the Bills/Sabres organization to impose himself on women who worked for the Bills and/or Sabres.    It's NOT the same thing as having a consensual relationship with a co-worker because it's based on coercion. 

It was a tough situation for female employees who worked for the Bills and/or Sabres, especially the ones who attracted Brandon's unwanted attentions, but Brandon got what he deserved for both the sexual harassment and his lies to the Pegulas.

Was he also “The Leak”?

24 minutes ago, SoTier said:

A lot of jobs don't allow bosses to date employees. From everything I heard about it that's all it was. 

Where are the sexual harassment allegations?

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

"People would ask, 'What are the opportunities to look at the game through a different lens from a player development standpoint?'" Brandon told ESPN. "'How can you be an incubator or an accelerant in many different verticals, from officiating to rules innovations to playing surfaces, to player development?' You can go on and on."

Lol, this wind bag of middle management speak.  

He has always been a guy who sounds like he is fresh out of a management 101 course at a local college who tries to sound impressive by crowbarring as many terms as possible into everything.

And he "sold us" nothing.  The lawless party atmosphere and cheap tickets sold the games.  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.