Why are people always talking pass rusher?

Marvlevydraftdaygenius

The problem with the Bills is the one who calls the plays,  Frazier never calls stunts or dials up innovative blitz packages.  We could have Bruce and Reggie  on the line and still have problems sacking the Qb but when McDermott pulls the playbook there seems to be no problem sacking the Qb.

I think if McDermott had his way Frazier would be gone, I think Terry and Kim are forcing Frazier on McDermott.  

The big problem with the Bills line is the Defensive Tackles they just don’t have the size and the leverage to have opposing Qb’s worrying about the collapsing of  the pocket and  on first and second downs giving running backs the ability to get 5 to 6 yards a play or  just left  running freely in the secondary aka a lot of Taylor’s runs when we played the Colts. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 9

7 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

The problem with the Bills is the one who calls the plays,  Frazier never calls stunts or dials up innovative blitz packages.  We could have Bruce and Reggie  on the line and still have problems sacking the Qb but when McDermott pulls the playbook there seems to be no problem sacking the Qb.

I think if McDermott had his way Frazier would be gone, I think Terry and Kim are forcing Frazier on McDermott.  

The big problem with the Bills line is the Defensive Tackles they just don’t have the size and the leverage to have opposing Qb’s worrying about the collapsing of  the pocket and  on first and second downs giving running backs the ability to get 5 to 6 yards a play or  just left  running freely in the secondary aka a lot of Taylor’s runs when we played the Colts. 

McDermott has pulled the playbook precisely once in 5 years. And Frazier is 100% his guy. They go back 20 years together. He is not being forced on McDermott by the owners.

This crusade you have against Frazier is tiresome. And it needs to stop. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 8

24 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Stunts are a huge part of the Bills defense. They are typically called by the players. 

Blitzing isn't a huge part of the defense and Blitzing good QB's typically isn't smart football.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Rams had the #1 defense in 2020. Gave up 32 points and 500 yards in a loss to Aaron Rodgers in the division round last year. 

In 2019 the Patriots had the #1 defense and gave up 200 yards rushing to the Titans in a loss in the wild card round.

We have good coaches. They made a couple bad decisions in the playoffs. They deserve criticism, but be better Bills fans. You don't fire a coach like Frazier over that. We don't even know what happened.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

In a word, moronic.

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I have never seen someone say so little and yet say so many wrong things consecutively. It's impressive, actually.

Inglourious Basterds Reaction GIF

He’s actually right what are people saying is the biggest need this off season is again? Pass Rusher and CB.

We have so much money and picks tied up into the defense and never play any of the guys we draft.

One of these two things is correct it’s either the coaches or Beane for drafting these guys cause they never play

4 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

You aren’t wrong 13 seconds says it all when we play an offense with a pulse we get lit up like a Christmas Tree

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’s actually right what are people saying is the biggest need this off season is again? Pass Rusher and CB.

We have so much money and picks tied up into the defense and never play any of the guys we draft.

One of these two things is correct it’s either the coaches or Beane for drafting these guys cause they never play

You aren’t wrong 13 seconds says it all when we play an offense with a pulse we get lit up like a Christmas Tree

Echoing wrong statements doesn't make them correct.🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

We could have Bruce and Reggie  on the line and still have problems sacking the Qb

When people post dumb comments like that I stop reading. I can only imagine what the rest of your masterpiece contains.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Echoing wrong statements doesn't make them correct.🤷🏻‍♂️

Name me the marquee qb he faced this year and shut down? Mac Jones? Let’s face it if Mahomes had the ball 50 times he’d score on 49 of them in that game 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

When people post dumb comments like that I stop reading. I can only imagine what the rest of your masterpiece contains.

He’s actually right 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’s actually right 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/sacks-per-game

Buffalo ranked 12th overall in sacks and those numbers down thebstretch were particularly impressive.

The Bills also pressured the heck out of Mahomes but he was able to escape that pressure much the way Allen escaped KC's pressure.

So, really, the both of you are wrong.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

McDermott has pulled the playbook precisely once in 5 years. And Frazier is 100% his guy. They go back 20 years together. He is not being forced on McDermott by the owners.

Watch the saints game this year when they put the camera on McDermott and he standing there and all of a sudden goes into his back pocket and pulls out a small play book, watch the Tampa Bay game when the Bills are getting blitzed and then you see McDermott talking to Frazier on the sidelines and his running plays in his hand for Frazier next thing Brady can’t move the ball.

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Buffalo ranked 12th overall in sacks and those numbers down thebstretch were particularly impressive.

The Bills also pressured the heck out of Mahomes but he was able to esvape that pressure much the way Allen escaped KC's pressure.

They scored 42 points you would be wrong 

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills also pressured the heck out of Mahomes but he was able to esvape that pressure much the way Allen escaped KC's pressure.

For years people would say sacks are overrated pressures are equally important. I used to agree, now I don't. Pressures are still important, but i think it's more important to hit and sack the QB regularly. I don't think QB's worry as much about pressure anymore, pretty easy to beat it. Gotta sack and force turnovers and make the QB feel some pain.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Mahomes had a clean jersey the whole game.  There was no pressure and racked 12 in sacks yeah a majority of them came against the Jets and they have a franchise Qb.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Watch the saints game this year when they put the camera on McDermott and he standing there and all of a sudden goes into his back pocket and pulls out a small play book, watch the Tampa Bay game when the Bills are getting blitzed and then you see McDermott talking to Frazier on the sidelines and his running plays in his hand for Frazier next thing Brady can’t move the ball.

McDermott contributes of course he does, nobody is saying different. But Frazier calls the defense. The one time he didn't was second half of the Chargers game 2018. 

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

For years people would say sacks are overrated pressures are equally important. I used to agree, now I don't. Pressures are still important, but i think it's more important to hit and sack the QB regularly. I don't think QB's worry as much about pressure anymore, pretty easy to beat it. Gotta sack and force turnovers and make the QB feel some pain.

I think the difference is Quarterbacks are more mobile on average to escape pressure. So you have to be able to finish. 

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Name me the marquee qb he faced this year and shut down? Mac Jones? Let’s face it if Mahomes had the ball 50 times he’d score on 49 of them in that game 

He’s actually right 

Chiefs actually punted twice in that game...so that's an incorrect statement. There were also 8/13 on 3rd down. They stopped Mahomes on a few drives. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Mahomes had a clean jersey the whole game. 

The Bills sacked Mahomes twice and put pressure on him all game. He just beat the pressure.

Why do you have to make up lies to force your narrative?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

McDermott contributes of course he does, nobody is saying different. But Frazier calls the defense. The one time he didn't was second half of the Chargers game 2018. 

I think the difference is Quarterbacks are more mobile on average to escape pressure. So you have to be able to finish. 

Exactly

How many of you on this board if Sean McDermott either quit,  resigned or was fired would be happy if Frazier replaced him as head coach?  Answer with the number 1.

1 minute ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

How many of you on this board if Sean McDermott either quit,  resigned or was fired would be happy if Frazier replaced him as head coach?  Answer with the number 1.

Oh you support Frazier that’s one.  This is fun let’s keep going.

• Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Rams had the #1 defense in 2020. Gave up 32 points and 500 yards in a loss to Aaron Rodgers in the division round last year. 

In 2019 the Patriots had the #1 defense and gave up 200 yards rushing to the Titans in a loss in the wild card round.

We have good coaches. They made a couple bad decisions in the playoffs. They deserve criticism, but be better Bills fans. You don't fire a coach like Frazier over that. We don't even know what happened.

Rams had gone to a SB.  Pats have 6 rings. Also rankings are meaningless unless adjusted for level of competition faces.  

Frazier and this D crumble in games against good QB’s. 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Rams had gone to a SB.  Pats have 6 rings. Also rankings are meaningless unless adjusted for level of competition faces.  

Typically these types of conversation happen after years of 1st round exists in the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean this is just factually inaccurate. I know facts are considered old fashioned these days.... but the facts are clear. 

Okay you remember the Jets game last year in the New Jersey when in the first half we let Sam Darnold run up and down the field against us we could not stop him all of a sudden the second half was different we’re in the first half we did not sack Darnold but in the second we sacked him 6 times and did not give up a 1 down.

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If only there were people who could make this **** stop on this forum..

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’s actually right 

It wasn’t the whole game, but Brady was shut down the second half of the Bucs game, and without Tre. 

15 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Don’t forget the Rams the previous week went to Seattle and there defense made Russel Wilson look bad and Aaron Donald got hurt in that game and played in Green Bay and was not the same.

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

If only there were people who could make this **** stop on this forum..

No this is the truth and the truth hurts lesile.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Did Leslie sleep with your wife?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

name one!

Name a great QB we faced in the playoffs? It's the playoffs!

Lamar Jackson? Watson? Mahomes obviously. I mean who are the better AFC QB's before this season? That's basically 3 of the top 5 in AFC. 

We haven't faced Burrow or Herbert yet. Herbert has to actually get to the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.