Dorsey ran a lot of 12 personnel packages

78thealltimegreat

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree.....maybe we consider Gronk or Gesicki on a reasonable deal? Love the idea of bolstering our run game and advancing play action. 

Gronk is going to take his cheap azz dirty tactics home and retire.  Remember he only came out cuz TB12 wanted him too.  TB12 MADE SURE the dirty POS got his contract bonuses so he can cheap shot his way to the bank.

No Gronk, no way - no how.  Lets ask Tre what he thinks??

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know Daboll ran what Chris Simms called a “Patriots light” offense where he took many of his concepts from his Pats days here.

So figured I’d watch Kens time with the Miami hurricanes and he ran an awful lot of 2 TE…1 Back style stuff…now it could be the insane talent they had at those positions but was thinking this might factor into the Bills free agent and draft decisions as well. 
Either way it looks like we are getting a lot of play action in his offense as he loved to do that Miami 

When did Dorsey run the offense with the Hurricanes?

He was the QB.  He ran the plays that were called

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Dorsey played at Miami in the late 1990's/2000's. I think his coaching philosophy will come from his coaching experiences and even pro playing experiences more than his college QB days. 

I dunno. What coaches like to do isn't always what they did or could do themselves. I get paid to coach baseball and I played as a giant see ball crush ball 1st baseman. I love to have a team of scrappy fast guys that can play defense and bunt. Me as a player would have a hard time making my team as a coach.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

He is going to work with the talent he has here...what you do is usually a reflection of what you feel your best options lie. There is zero chance that he believes his best options lie with 12 personnel here. And if he does he should be fired immediately.

The talent for next year isn't finalized yet.  Does make you wonder how much of a say he will get.  There seems a limited amount you can put into the offense, do they go C Patterson (9M) or Gronk (7), or OBJ (6M), or Fournette (6M).

I disagree with the zero chance  statement.  If Dorsey stumps for Gronk, and we get him, he certainly would be doing so with the 12 personnel as a viable option.

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree.....maybe we consider Gronk or Gesicki on a reasonable deal? Love the idea of bolstering our run game and advancing play action. 

Gesicki would be a huge get on offense. Hopefully he doesn’t take a home town discount. He could easily have over 1000 yards with Josh throwing to him. 

57 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Part of being a fan is my right to hate Gronk no matter how rational it may be or how good he is :) ... Not just for the hit, but for being a Patriot, and a boneheaded dufus clown. I'd hate to see that nimrod on the Bills.

53 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Gotta move on. Gronk would do well here. 

They’d bury the hatchet for the greater good.

I've watched football for 40+ years.  What Gronk did was perhaps the worst thing I've ever seen because it was completely after the play and there is no evidence Tre did anything to provoke him besides making an interception -- in a game in which the Pats*** were up by more than two scores in the 4th quarter.  There is no justification and no excuse.  Gronk lost his mind (what little there is) and did something Tre couldn't defend himself from, or was even aware was coming, that could have ended his career (or worse).  I've watched the play many times.  Each time it makes me madder.  Total sucker punch on a defenseless man.  Football players, and professional athletes in general, have a code and respect that their health is their livelihood.

Now, I admit I have no idea whether Gronk ever reached out to Tre to explain himself and apologize.  If he did, and Tre was good with it, fine -- but for ME, Gronk is not welcome anywhere near the Bills.  They don't need him to get where they want to be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Knox + Gronk 

I like 12 if both of your TE's are good.

Good way to keep the ball moving,   bolster the run game and open up the deep play action passing game.

If you want Gronk you are not a Bills fans. How can you want a guy that physically assaulted a Bills player. Lets sign Landry while we are at it smh. 

Gronk will NEVER play a down for the Bills.

Get over it

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

If you want Gronk you are not a Bills fans. How can you want a guy that physically assaulted a Bills player. Lets sign Landry while we are at it smh. 

Gronk will NEVER play a down for the Bills.

Get over it

Brandon Beane tried to sign him and therefore very well may try again.    

Write Beane a strongly worded letter and then show your passion for the subject by finding a new team to root for(cheaply)  from afar like you currently do.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Write Beane a strongly worded letter and then show your passion for the subject by finding a new team to root for(cheaply)  from afar like you currently do.

This your new thing?  Bash Bills fans who don’t live in Buffalo?

Most of us who root from afar spend far more of our disposable income on the Bills than local supporters like you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, eball said:

This your new thing?  Bash Bills fans who don’t live in Buffalo?

Most of us who root from afar spend far more of our disposable income on the Bills than local supporters like you.

No d-bag who pulled their financial support in protest after the firing of Rex Ryan has the right to tell ME I'm not a Bills fan.

I may not always personally like or respect a player the Bills get but I root for the laundry every damn time.

You and @Protocal69 need some MF'in process in your lives:

sean-mcdermott-tattoo-773d0dab7fb099e1.j

4 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

Part of being a fan is my right to hate Gronk no matter how rational it may be or how good he is :) ... Not just for the hit, but for being a Patriot, and a boneheaded dufus clown. I'd hate to see that nimrod on the Bills.

You are welcome to boo.

But the whole "never root for a Bills player because he is a former Patriot" is something we should get over.   NE used Buffalo like a farm team extensively during their two must successful stretches (early 2000's and 2016-2018) and it contributed greatly to them winning many SB's.

"The Patriots have better Bills than Buffalo" Al Michaels once said.   If the Bills need a player or two to get over the hump and they are a former Patriot I am not letting that bother me.   

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are welcome to boo.

But the whole "never root for a Bills player because he is a former Patriot" is something we should get over.   NE used Buffalo like a farm team extensively during their two must successful stretches (early 2000's and 2016-2018) and it contributed greatly to them winning many SB's.

"The Patriots have better Bills than Buffalo" Al Michaels once said.   If the Bills need a player or two to get over the hump and they are a former Patriot I am not letting that bother me.   

Oh I won't even boo him if he comes, I'll just continue to dislike him. I loved Lawyer Milloy instantly for example. I just don't like Gronk for the hit (thats most of it), the team he played for, nor his tired "look at me I'm a dumbass" schtick/reality. F Gronk.

Edited by 34-78-83

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Please show me a link of Beane trying to get Gronk AFTER what he did to Tre. Again GRONK WILL NEVER BE A BILL. Sorry if that hurts your feelings

We need an OL coach since Daboll poached ours. Running 12 personnel would be possible with another legit TE. I'm thinking though, that we really need a good OL coach asap to help evaluate OL talent before the draft. I'm thinking it took way too long to get the running game going this year. Coaching issue? Maybe. My biggest worry is that the OL takes a step back next year. Hope they have a plan. The running game finally took off when they started doing things like the pin & pull. They wanted to be more of a power running attack but once they started pulling those OLmen, they began to get the run game going.  Whatever the personnel grouping they have, the number 1 issue will be to continue their success running the ball.

Edited by Rockinon

5 hours ago, eball said:

I've watched football for 40+ years.  What Gronk did was perhaps the worst thing I've ever seen because it was completely after the play and there is no evidence Tre did anything to provoke him besides making an interception -- in a game in which the Pats*** were up by more than two scores in the 4th quarter.  There is no justification and no excuse.  Gronk lost his mind (what little there is) and did something Tre couldn't defend himself from, or was even aware was coming, that could have ended his career (or worse).  I've watched the play many times.  Each time it makes me madder.  Total sucker punch on a defenseless man.  Football players, and professional athletes in general, have a code and respect that their health is their livelihood.

Now, I admit I have no idea whether Gronk ever reached out to Tre to explain himself and apologize.  If he did, and Tre was good with it, fine -- but for ME, Gronk is not welcome anywhere near the Bills.  They don't need him to get where they want to be.

N. Suh?

Look, it was bad, make no mistake. 

Worst? Not sure. Not important either. If Tre forgives, I forgives.

Bills have a championship to win. Check all biases at the door. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Please show me a link of Beane trying to get Gronk AFTER what he did to Tre. Again GRONK WILL NEVER BE A BILL. Sorry if that hurts your feelings

1) You should follow your team closer since you are he who determines who is a fan and who is not

2) Also learn how to use f*cking google :doh:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/16/bills-made-a-run-at-rob-gronkowski/

• Like (+1) 2

With the success that Buffalo has had on offense over the past 2 years, I expect that Dorsey will do more tweaking of the present system and play calling, and less overhauling.  Could he call more 12 personnel plays?  Yeah, some, but I don't expect it to become a staple.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.