Bills interviewing Raiders WR coach Edgar Bennett for OC

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, eball said:

Those who thought the Bills would just hand the job to Dorsey without interviewing candidates were fooling themselves.

That said, I really hope they don't bring in a short passing game WCO guy.  Totally the wrong thing for Allen.

Depends on how good of a play caller they are. Andy Reid is a West Coast guy but obviously he's adapted his offense around Mahomes. Maybe this guy can take our offense and mix in some WC stuff that could give of us some new wrinkles we didn't have before.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BrooklynBills said:

Pep Hamilton will be Jim Harbaugh's OC wherever he lands.

Not so sure about that.  Pep was with Jim at Michigan and they parted ways and it wasn't because of overwhelming success.  They did have previous success together at Stanford.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Spent 3 years as OC in Green Bay. Under Mike McCarthy. Thought they did a solid job in Vegas this year with a serious lack of talent on the WR room. 

What about Zay Jones?

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McCarthy was fired.  New coach typically means new assistants.

He was fired by McCarthy as a scapegoat along with Van Pelt and Dom Capers. He wasn’t bad, but it’s really difficult to figure out how much blame Bennett deserved. The guy was beloved by his players though, so that says something. 

I’m not sure how I’d feel about Bennett as an OC as McCarthy did most of the playcalling during his OC tenure, but if they’re bringing him in as an experienced assistant I’m all for it. We have no clue who Daboll may take with him to NYG. Bennett is possibly the best available WR coach available and his track record there speaks for itself; Nelson, Cobb, James Jones, Davante Adams, etc. He’s also a Holmgren/Reid guy who probably speaks McD’s language. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Lots of over reaction to these interviews. I remember when we hired daboll and people thought it was a bad hire 

Given the current tenor of this board, my guess is no matter what Beane and McDermott end up doing at OC, it will be a firing offense...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m not sure how I’d feel about Bennett as an OC as McCarthy did most of the playcalling during his OC tenure, but if they’re bringing him in as an experienced assistant I’m all for it. We have no clue who Daboll may take with him to NYG

I could be wrong, but I think the teams can no longer block a promotion to coordinator with another team.

Any other assistant, it can be "you're under contract, Sorry"

That's not to say that the Bills wouldn't release someone for a move they perceive as a development opportunity, but my point is it's not like Daboll gets to sit there looking at the Bills assistant coaches like a Chinese menu he can select from for any position.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Palmer has the gig he wants

This.  Quit pining for Palmer, folks - the man wants to live in a beach house in S. Cali and give Zoom interviews, not work hectic 100-112 hr weeks in less salubrius settings for 5 or (hopefully) 6 months a year with intense scrutiny and accountability every week

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.