Dan Quinn Staying with Dallas

BuffaloBillyG

Quinn was a very hot name this cycle. Increases odds Daboll gets a few offers.

Just my opinion, but I think he really wanted the Denver job. Kind of like last year where Daboll reportedly removed his name from places after being passed over for the Chargers gig.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

I wonder if he thinks he could be in line for the Cowboys job next season if McCarthy struggles.

I'd figure if McCarthy struggles Kellen Moore would be the favorite...or Sean Payton would magically want to coach again and a deal with the Saints would be on the table.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'd figure if McCarthy struggles Kellen Moore would be the favorite...or Sean Payton would magically want to coach again and a deal with the Saints would be on the table.

Oh yeah, I forgot about kellen Moore. I guess they’re really high on him.

I could definitely see Jerry Jones trying to lure Sean Payton too.

With Quinn staying in Dallas I think that increases the chances that Frazier goes to the Giants.

The 6 that got a second interview were New York Giants defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, Daboll, Frazier, Brian Flores, Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo and Quinn.

With Quinn out and Daboll reportedly the favorite in Miami (I'd hate to see him go there but it would make the most sense for him - more talent than in NJ, coached Tua before so he knows his skill set and no state income tax) it leaves 4 defensive coaches.  Their own DC?  Nah.  Anarumo?  Possibly - he's from there and he coached the Giants DBs before taking the Cinci DC job in 2019.   Frazier?  Led the #1 defense, Schoen knows him and he's been around long enough that he could be a build great staff.    Flores?  He didn't like Tua and didn't want to develop him.   What would he do with Jones?   Granted I'm sure he could bring in some of his ex-Miami staff and he's know for discipline. Plus back to back winning seasons although no playoffs.  

Ranking them?  Flores, Frazier, Anarumo and then Graham.   With Flores and Frazier too close to call.

10 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

With Quinn staying in Dallas I think that increases the chances that Frazier goes to the Giants.

The 6 that got a second interview were New York Giants defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, Daboll, Frazier, Brian Flores, Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo and Quinn.

With Quinn out and Daboll reportedly the favorite in Miami (I'd hate to see him go there but it would make the most sense for him - more talent than in NJ, coached Tua before so he knows his skill set and no state income tax) it leaves 4 defensive coaches.  Their own DC?  Nah.  Anarumo?  Possibly - he's from there and he coached the Giants DBs before taking the Cinci DC job in 2019.   Frazier?  Led the #1 defense, Schoen knows him and he's been around long enough that he could be a build great staff.    Flores?  He didn't like Tua and didn't want to develop him.   What would he do with Jones?   Granted I'm sure he could bring in some of his ex-Miami staff and he's know for discipline. Plus back to back winning seasons although no playoffs.  

Ranking them?  Flores, Frazier, Anarumo and then Graham.   With Flores and Frazier too close to call.

I can't see the Giants hiring Flores. After the whole "bring the building together" goal they announced at Schoen's introduction it would be a hard sell to hire a guy that was reportedly out in Miami due in part to being unapproachable and hard to work with. Sounds too much like Judge imo

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That Diggs guy played slightly above average as well. 

Yes he did.

I think he got very lucky with a lot of those ints, I would be amazed he comes close to that productivity against next year.  Reminds me of Jarius Byrd with the Bills, all he did was play center field and let inept QBs like Mark Sanchez throw the ball in his lap.  Good for Byrd, got wildly overpaid in NOLA because of it.

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes he did.

I think he got very lucky with a lot of those ints, I would be amazed he comes close to that productivity against next year.  Reminds me of Jarius Byrd with the Bills, all he did was play center field and let inept QBs like Mark Sanchez throw the ball in his lap.  Good for Byrd, got wildly overpaid in NOLA because of it.

Any time a guy has a high number of INTs (sacks too, for that matter) there has to be a certain amount of luck involved. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Quinn was a very hot name this cycle. Increases odds Daboll gets a few offers.

Just my opinion, but I think he really wanted the Denver job. Kind of like last year where Daboll reportedly removed his name from places after being passed over for the Chargers gig.

Dan Quinn is overrated.  He did a ***** job as head coach of the Falcons.  And the Cowboys defense was nothing to write home about.  It never is.  He is another coordinator who will get rehired in the endless regurgitation of coaches who get hired, fired and then rehired.  Why Dan Quinn is a candidate for six teams pretty much shows why these teams are looking for a new head coach in the first place.  They are clueless.  Same with Mike McCarthy.  Guy is trash.  The Packers canned him, and the Cowboys jumped at the chance to underachieve by hiring him as well.  Watching him run the Cowboys on Hard Knocks was laughable.  As was watching him coach the Cowboys this season.    

I am just plain cranky right now thinking anything Bills, as most of you are.  So the vitriol will have a little more bite for a while from me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.