Buffalo should finish better than KC in '22

beebe

Looking ahead to the Bills' schedule, based on current Vegas odds, they'll have three games against the two worst teams in the NFL (Lions and Jets x2). They'll play three more against bottom 10 teams (Steelers, Vikings, Bears). They'll play three more against avg/below avg teams (Dolphins x2, Browns). 

The hardest games will be, in order:

-At Chiefs (best odds to win '23 Super Bowl)

-At Rams (5th best odds)

-Vs Packers (3rd best, if Rodgers stays)

-At Bengals (8th best)

-At Ravens (9th best) 

-Vs Titans (10th best)

Obviously, personnel can and will change in the offseason. But it's looking like another favorable schedule for the Bills. 

The Chiefs, meanwhile, will play six games against top-10 level teams—Bills, Bucs, Rams, 49ers, Bengals, Titans. They'll play five more against avg to above avg teams (Chargers x2, Cardinals, Colts, Seahawks). They'll have four games against the Raiders and Broncos, ranked 18th and 20th, and both teams could make a QB splash—perhaps getting Watson, Rodgers or Wilson (we know the Broncos are expected to be aggressive in making a move.) So that would be 15 games against top-20 level teams, with eight of them on the road. KC's lone easy games will be vs Jaguars (28th) and at Texans (29th). 

The reason the Bills should have a better season next year is because of Josh Allen.  He established himself as a Top 5 (if not Top 2) QB given how he played in the playoffs.  I really do think he’s going to have a monster season.  We don’t have to worry about “regression”

Also, they are unlikely to go 0-6 in one score games two years in a row.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

The offseason head to even begun yet we know how good teams are going to be next season.  Interesting 

With absolute precision? No. But I'd be willing to bet you that the Chiefs, Rams, Bengals and Bills will finish 2022 in the top half of the standings, while the Jets, Texans, Giants and Panthers will be in the bottom half. 

1 minute ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I just wish somebody could explain to me why we have to play at Kansas City every year they never come to Buffalo

Never? KC played in Buffalo in 2020, and three straight years in in 2012, 2013 and 2014. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, beebe said:

With absolute precision? No. But I'd be willing to bet you that the Chiefs, Rams, Bengals and Bills will finish 2022 in the top half of the standings, while the Jets, Texans, Giants and Panthers will be in the bottom half. 

Never? KC played in Buffalo in 2020, and three straight years in in 2012, 2013 and 2014. 

15 minutes ago, beebe said:

Looking ahead to the Bills' schedule, based on current Vegas odds, they'll have three games against the two worst teams in the NFL (Lions and Jets x2). They'll play three more against bottom 10 teams (Steelers, Vikings, Bears). They'll play three more against avg/below avg teams (Dolphins x2, Browns). 

-At Rams (5th best odds)

-At Bengals (8th best)

-At Ravens (9th best) 

-Vs Titans (10th best)

Obviously, personnel can and will change in the offseason. But it's looking like another favorable schedule for the Bills. 

The Chiefs, meanwhile, will play six games against top-10 level teams—Bills, Bucs, Rams, 49ers, Bengals, Titans. They'll play five more against avg to above avg teams (Chargers x2, Cardinals, Colts, Seahawks). They'll have four games against the Raiders and Broncos, ranked 18th and 20th, and both teams could make a QB splash—perhaps getting Watson, Rodgers or Wilson (we know the Broncos are expected to be aggressive in making a move.) So that would be 15 games against top-20 level teams, with eight of them on the road. KC's lone easy games will be vs Jaguars (28th) and at Texans (29th). 

Idk, maybe it’s just how you worded it.  Dubbing teams average to below average, bottom ten and also ranking the toughest games.  There could be several QB changes next season and with that, teams fortunes change.  Then there are injuries that can make a team from a contender to drafting in the top 10.  Look at the afc north.  The final standings were the exact opposite of the worlds predictions 

Ps-  not sure how you could rank the ravens as a more difficult game than the titans.  I get the ravens injuries……but the titans had crazy injuries too…..but they still won 

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ps-  not sure how you could rank the ravens as a more difficult game than the titans.  I get the ravens injuries……but the titans had crazy injuries too…..but they still won 

Bills get Titans at home; Ravens on the road. Bills will be favored in both games but it will be a shorter spread vs Ravens. 

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

The reason the Bills should have a better season next year is because of Josh Allen.  He established himself as a Top 5 (if not Top 2) QB given how he played in the playoffs.  I really do think he’s going to have a monster season.  We don’t have to worry about “regression”

Also, they are unlikely to go 0-6 in one score games two years in a row.  

Agreed.  Last year they went something like 5-1 in one score games.  Just one of those weird seasonal flukes if you ask me.

1 hour ago, beebe said:

-At Rams (5th best odds)

-At Bengals (8th best)

-At Ravens (9th best) 

-Vs Titans (10th best)

Ok any division game will be tough, especially if Miami makes a trade for Watson.  You split with NE this year so that’s always a possibility again next year.. and we’ll the Jets are the Jets but they were playing better at the end of the year. Like You said teams will change and one may actually come out hot like NO did and surprise the Bills.. ANYTHING is possible.

1 hour ago, beebe said:

-At Rams (5th best odds)

-At Bengals (8th best)

-At Ravens (9th best) 

-Vs Titans (10th best)

all dependent on whether we improve this offseason or tread water like last offseason.  

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I just wish somebody could explain to me why we have to play at Kansas City every year they never come to Buffalo

It's all good, bro.

Because of this, Kansas City's home field Arrowhead advantage no longer works against us.  It's a blessing from the football Gods.

We KNOW that crowd and that effin' field. It's a non issue, really, at this point. That crowd and environment can be hostile all they want and that stuff is invisible now. I consider Arrowhead our 2nd home because we play there so much LOL. No one in sports media pointed this out. If we can subtract "13 seconds" then that Divisional playoff game is ours.

Most people knew the Divisional game was going to be close. But even I didn't know we were going to be ahead. Even just for a little bit. That's a MASSIVE deal though. To be ahead, at Arrowhead in the playoffs, was unimaginable. In the playoffs, only Tom Brady gets to be ahead whenever he plays the Chiefs.

From here on out, the truth is the (upgraded and experienced) Buffalo Bills should be able to beat (and perhaps dominate) against Mahomes' Chiefs where ever and whenever, as long as there are no significant injuries, to our key players.

Every great player (and team) HAS to take their lumps. That's how it is.

An example (not a comparison to Buffalo Bills):

Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and the Bulls were eliminated by the Isiah Thomas' Detroit Pistons, 3 years straight (1988 - 1990), before dominating them, starting in 1991. The 1991 Detroit Pistons were still championship contenders, with tons of NBA Finals experience, and the Bulls waxed them anyway. Even playing in Detroit. Because MJ's Bulls played there so much. Their hostile crowd didn't matter.

Other great NBA teams came up: Ewing's NY Knicks, Reggie Miller's Indiana Pacers, and Malone and Stockton's Utah Jazz. Their venue didn't matter to the Bulls either.

I welcome next season's regular season match up (and any other) at Kansas City. We'll blow them out again just like we did this season in Week 5 as long as we do not have significant injuries to key players of course.

WHEN we meet the Chiefs in the playoffs again, I can assure you there will be no 13 seconds. We're beating them at their house. In our building. Whatever. Whenever. Where ever.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

It's too early to really get into any of this, but next year's schedule doesn't look good or favorable to me at all! 

The hard games are brutal---we could lose all of them.  

Also, Miami is not nearly as bad as you are rating them, and next year is a new season.  We don't know what they'll look like yet or who their QB will even be, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

The 2020 schedule looked brutal to.

This isn't worth stressing.  Worry more about who we hire as OC.  

But the front office should take note and understand we will need a better front 4 and another CB.  And the goal every year is to get the best offensive line possible. 

There better not be one season in the Allen era where our line looks like it did from weeks 1-12 this season.  The  Vikings Steelers Dolphins Chiefs Rams Packers and Bears can all get after the QB.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.