Josh Allen end of season press conference & other player media sessions

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sure, on the field, they’re equals.  Unfortunately, the only thing that matters is winning. Until Josh beats Mahomes in the playoffs and wins a SB, he’s trailing the race to be the best 

After 36 minutes, 4 people that disagree with this quote.  What do you disagree with?  Do you think josh should be viewed as the best qb in the league?  Do you think that winning Super Bowls in overrated?  I’m having a heard time wrapping my finger around how anyone could say that Josh is better than Mahomes without winning anything.  In my mind, he’s just as good, maybe even better at playing qb….. but to earn the title of the best, winning matters….regardless of what those disagreeing may feel.  Winning matters.  Believe that.  

12 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

All of our players should boycott the Pro Bowl, screw that alternate nonsense... No reason to risk injury.  Not when they should be on the way to hosting the AFCCG here in Orchard Park, except McJauron...

Yeah except his coach ended his season, Mahomes just the guy who benefited from it.

Yeah…..Mahomes didn’t drive his team down for any scores or make an amazing throw to win the game.  He didn’t do anything to win the game.  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Except Josh shouldn’t be responsible for his coaching staff shitting the bed.

Agreed…I’m sure he knows he ***** up and just wants to move on from it…. Would be nice to hear him actually say they made a massive mistake though. 

So you think josh should universally be viewed as better than Mahomes too?  Good to know.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

After 36 minutes, 4 people that disagree with this quote.  What do you disagree with?  Do you think josh should be viewed as the best qb in the league?  Do you think that winning Super Bowls in overrated?  I’m having a heard time wrapping my finger around how anyone could say that Josh is better than Mahomes without winning anything.  In my mind, he’s just as good, maybe even better at playing qb….. but to earn the title of the best, winning matters….regardless of what those disagreeing may feel.  Winning matters.  Believe that.  

Yeah…..Mahomes didn’t drive his team down for any scores or make an amazing throw to win the game.  He didn’t do anything to win the game.  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Josh won the game. Defense and McDermott lost it. What else do you want Allen to do? He can't be a winner if his dumb coach can't defend for 13 *****ijg seconds. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Mahomes got the opportunity thanks to a horrific defense (and special teams though I called for a touchback at the time) in the final 13 seconds. In reality, he shouldn't have had the time and that's as much down to our defense as it is the QB.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Exactly. Manning was a great QB but would anyone say he was on a par with Brady?

I have to respectfully disagree, it’s the greatest TEAM sport… how many less rings does Bellicheck have if he had Manning instead of Brady ?

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't think he would go as a reserve player. 

Think he'll only go if he makes it as first ballot. 

If I were him, I would tell the Pro Bowl to pound sand.....if people  aren’t smart enough to vote him in over Jackson, there is no way in hell I would show up as a replacement.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Point clearly over your head. 

Lets break it down slowly for you.

bills Squib, it takes atleast 3-4 seconds off the clock.

9-10 seconds is not enough time to run the same plays they did to get in FG range. 

Then the defensive play calling to not give up a TD, again that's McD'a bad more than it's greatness by Mahomes. Mahomes just took exactly what McD gave him and had been giving him all... game... long.

Do me a favor and smack your face a little harder...

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

If I were him, I would tell the Pro Bowl to pound sand.....if people  aren’t smart enough to vote him in over Jackson, there is no way in hell I would show up as a replacement.

Nah, he should go there and have a good time with fellow players around the league.  Increase his profile a bit (he'd likely be the biggest star on display).  Throw another 3 or 4 touchdowns in 2 quarters to just remind everyone who the new boss is.

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Josh won the game. Defense and McDermott lost it. What else do you want Allen to do? He can't be a winner if his dumb coach can't defend for 13 *****ijg seconds. 

what else do I want him to do in order to become universally known as the best qb in the world?  I want him to win a super bowl.  Like every other best qb in the world does. His coach f’d up…..that sucks for josh and everyone else, but it doesn’t give josh a SB win.  The one thing that greatness is judged upon……or does that change now that josh hasn’t won one?

If you haven’t read my posts in full…..I’ll repeat…..for the 4th time:  I think josh is as good if not better than Mahomes, but to be regarded by the masses as the best you have to win.  Don’t act like I’m the only one saying this.  The world is saying this.  The world has been saying this for a century.   The world is also saying that josh is absolutely incredible and the world is his……but he has to win. 

How many years have some of you guys been watching sports?  Seriously. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend?    WINNING MATTERS PEOPLE.  Not my rules ladies and gents.  I’m just the one informing you of them.  Best = winning. Period.  man know GIF

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Allen should have thrown the TD pass with just 3 seconds left instead of 13. Then maybe our dumbass D would have stopped KC. Josh was fantastic last night. He is going to win a Super Bowl for the Bills if they can eliminate the horrible play calling. You know who I would love to coach the Bills is Belichick. Won't happen of course but he would take advantage of Allen's skillset and we would have multiple championships. 

9 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Mahomes got the opportunity to a horrific defense in the final 13 seconds. In reality, he shouldn't have had the time and that's as much down to our defense as it is the QB.

No……In reality…..he did.  And he did

maybe that’s the problem with the disconnect here.  Some people have a distorted of vision of reality.  The reality is what happened…..not what didn’t happen  

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think he is better. The difference between the two teams is the Chiefs have better players around Mahomes and the coaching staff is better. 

The world will agree with you when josh beats him or wins a SB. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No……In reality…..he did.  And he did

maybe that’s the problem with the disconnect here.  Some people have a distorted of vision of reality.  The reality is what happened…..not what didn’t happen  

The disconnect is perhaps between those who feel Mahomes just played out of his skin and those who thought we made it very easy for him.

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m taking josh too ……those are different things.  

The world knows that josh is an unbelievable transcendent QB.  We know that he’s as good as Mahomes.  We have him for the next decade+.  What else really matters?  It’s hard to make an argument for Josh being “better” than Mahomes until josh has won something other than our hearts. 

Yeah, it's not the right argument. The truth is Mahomes has the better lethal weapons. No one is more dangerous than Tyreek Hill, and no one is a better possession receiver than Travis Kelce. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I’ve never been one of the ones screaming to fire McDermott but if I watch him coach scared against KC one more time. Last year it was timid offense and this year timid defense. KC was getting chunk play after chunk play and we never even tried anything else, no blitzes or anything. It drives me crazy that he always says “we’ll learn from this” but he never learns. 

I disagree.  McD did learn.  Offense was more aggressive.  Going for it on 4th down not settling for FGs.  Hopefully, he now learns to take more control of how we call our defense.  Frazier plays passively.  I know McD respects his coaches and coordinators and lets them do their jobs,  but our defense is the weak link on this team...particularly the design.  McD talks about playing physical.  Against speed, that's how you need to play defense.  Jam the receivers.  Don't let them get off the line cleanly.  In week 5, that's what Tre and Siran Neal did.  Yes, they both got flagged...but there were no big plays.  We missed that last night.  So...this is the lesson McD needs to learn this year.  As much as I like Frazier, I think if he can't adjust, we need to move on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

what else do I want him to do in order to become universally known as the best qb in the world?  I want him to win a super bowl.  Like every other best qb in the world does. His coach f’d up…..that sucks for josh and everyone else, but it doesn’t give josh a SB win.  The one thing that greatness is judged upon……or does that change now that josh hasn’t won one?

If you haven’t read my posts in full…..I’ll repeat…..for the 4th time:  I think josh is as good if not better than Mahomes, but to be regarded by the masses as the best you have to win.  Don’t act like I’m the only one saying this.  The world is saying this.  The world has been saying this for a century.   The world is also saying that josh is absolutely incredible and the world is his……but he has to win. 

How many years have some of you guys been watching sports?  Seriously. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend?    WINNING MATTERS PEOPLE.  Not my rules ladies and gents.  I’m just the one informing you of them.  Best = winning. Period.  man know GIF

Im trying to be kind. Just because you say the same thing four times doesn't make it any less of a worse take on what happened. Allen won the game twice. The defense lost it.  Unless you advocate for Allen taking a knee and then scoring with no time on the clock there is literally nothing else Allen could have done to win that game. He is a winner. McDermott is a loser. 

Judging QBs by win loss record is just incredibly stupid. By every category Marino was better than Kelly but Marino did not have Thurman and Bruce. Its a team sport and Allen's team and coaching staff lost the game. 

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Point clearly over your head. 

Lets break it down slowly for you.

bills Squib, it takes atleast 3-4 seconds off the clock.

9-10 seconds is not enough time to run the same plays they did to get in FG range. 

Then the defensive play calling to not give up a TD, again that's McD'a bad more than it's greatness by Mahomes. Mahomes just took exactly what McD gave him and had been giving him all... game... long.

Do me a favor and smack your face a little harder...

No need.  I’m good man.  Like I’ve said 100 times now….you have to win.  Regardless of who’s fault it is…..being the best has criteria.  I didn’t make the rules. I’m just informing you of them.

Josh is still behind Mahomes in the eyes of the world.  And he’ll fall even further behind if Mahomes wins his 2nd Super Bowl while going to his 3rd consecutive.  It’ll probably be on josh to keep Mahomes from going to 4 straight.  I think he’s up to it.  Hopefully his help is too

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

I disagree.  McD did learn.  Offense was more aggressive.  Going for it on 4th down not settling for FGs.  Hopefully, he now learns to take more control of how we call our defense.  Frazier plays passively.  I know McD respects his coaches and coordinators and lets them do their jobs,  but our defense is the weak link on this team...particularly the design.  McD talks about playing physical.  Against speed, that's how you need to play defense.  Jam the receivers.  Don't let them get off the line cleanly.  In week 5, that's what Tre and Siran Neal did.  Yes, they both got flagged...but there were no big plays.  We missed that last night.  So...this is the lesson McD needs to learn this year.  As much as I like Frazier, I think if he can't adjust, we need to move on.

Question: why do you think McD doesn't have strong input/oversight into the design of the defense?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.