Gabriel *****in Davis

Bubba Gump

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If you ranked “reasons for loss” and your number one isn’t “allowing 40 yards for a field goal with 13 seconds left,” you have brian Daboll hate worms eating your brain.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Of course the defense screwed up big time. But there was no reason the Bills shouldn't have scored on every single drive with the performance Allen gave tonight. It was the same performance he had last week where we did exactly that, against a better defense. And maybe it's crazy for me to expect perfection. But it was right there for the taking and Daboll blew it. Not for the first time this year, mind you. He has a habit of taking his own elite QB out of the game in critical moments.

It’s a disease! A scourge on TBD! The Brian Brain Worms!

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If you ranked “reasons for loss” and your number one isn’t “allowing 40 yards for a field goal with 13 seconds left,” you have brian Daboll hate worms eating your brain.

Why does the ranking matter? Daboll wasn't good enough tonight. I would have said so whether we had stopped the Chiefs at the very end or not. We're trying to out duel an elite offense on the way to a championship. Every mistake is magnified. Burning two drives is a huge mistake. I don't know what else to say.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Guy will obviously be a starter next year across from Diggs 

No,  McDermott will probably bury him midseason like this year. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Why does the ranking matter? Daboll wasn't good enough tonight. I would have said so whether we had stopped the Chiefs at the very end or not. We're trying to out duel an elite offense on the way to a championship. Every mistake is magnified. Burning two drives is a huge mistake. I don't know what else to say.

All those stupid plays to Gilliam made no sense.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It’s a football game dude. No one is perfect. Josh wasn’t even perfect. But there are critical things that are more important than others in terms of winning vs losing. 

Defense stops KC at the end, and you wouldn’t be sitting here saying “Eric Bienemy took the game out of Mahomes hand and that’s why they lost.” Instead, you’d STILL be bitching about Daboll. Because brain worms. 

you think there’s a mythical perfect OC out there. There isn’t.

Edited by FireChans

To me, Gabriel Davis officially entered Superstar status. He's clutch AF. He wasn't rattled. Great hands. 2 touchdowns was great. Then he had to get 4. Also, including clutch catches through the game. I think he didn't drop any catches.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

His mentality changed tonight. He'll always have supreme confidence; nerves of steel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Why wasn't he used more than he was this year?

Coaching.

Yep. There were so many instances this year where I'm like WDF MCD....It was commonplace this year and this game was just the cherry on the top.

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We punted twice in 8 quarters of playoff football with zero turnovers…something went very wrong on the defensive side of the field if you’re not playing in a conference championship after that lol probably the best playoffs a qb/offense ever had 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

So we need to spend a high draft pick on a #4 WR? Is this drunken logic? Just trying to make sure.

Sanders and Beasley are not going to push the needle forward for this offense. I love Diggs, I love Davis and I love McKenzie but he’s a splash player. Our identity on offense is Josh Allen, it makes sense to me that we should surround him with as many weapons as possible. Allen can get you more yards through the air on drive than an elite RB can get you all game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Diggs, Davis and McKenzie are about all we have at WR right now. We need an impact FA there and we need a high draft pick there and a few more corners and maybe a MLB.

Impact? Not one FA wr does what Gabe did last night. He had a good season but this was his coming out party. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

To me, Gabriel Davis officially entered Superstar status. He's clutch AF. He wasn't rattled. Great hands. 2 touchdowns was great. Then he had to get 4. Also, including clutch catches through the game. I think he didn't drop any catches.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

His mentality changed tonight. He'll always have supreme confidence; nerves of steel.

He had the one juggle OB after he got his feet down.  That's the only blemish on his otherwise perfect game.

Remember when posters were wondering if my man Gabe could possibly replace “Smoke” Brown?

John F’ing  Brown and his 1000 yard season as WR1!!

Gabe is the stud we knew he would be.  Browns career was tragically cut short by insurmountable mediocrity 

11 hours ago, FireChans said:

422 yards of offense. 3-3 in the red zone. 4-4 on 4th down. Scored 15 points in the last 3 minutes, including the final TD with 13 seconds on the clock.

Blaming anyone offensively is INSANE. Diggs was invisible, WHO CARES. Gabe had 200 yards and 4 TD’s. 

We lost because our defensive coaches failed when our offense put this game away. They wrapped the gift, the defense fumbled it into the fireplace.

This is right. And Gabe had the game he had because he was the lessor of two evils in the mind of KC.

Leave him 1 on 1 or leave Diggs 1 on 1 was their options. 

Josh recognized this early and looked to Gabe all game when he needed a play. 

And Gabe was as focused as I've ever seen him. The moment wasn't too big for he or Josh, and that is a good sign. 

But the defensive play calling is what let us down, no doubt about it. Absolutely terrible down the stretch. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, FireChans said:

Oh yeah? The difference tonight was taking the ball out of Josh’s hands ONE time more than Mahomes? Not allowing the Chiefs to go 40 yards with 13 seconds left?

hysterical

Get Joe Brady amirite? 

Laugh out loud

I'm not saying we lost last night strictly because of the offensive play calling, but to act as though it wasn't one of the main reasons is, as you say, absurd.

The difference with the offensive play calling between the first 43 minutes and the final 17 minutes, once we went down 9, was night and day. Then and only then did they exploit the matchup with Gabe. 

The first 43 minutes and 4 seconds - 2 catches 23 yards and 1 TD. The final 16 minutes and 56 seconds- 6 catches 178 yards and 3 TDs. If you're a playoff caliber OC, that's ready for a head coaching job, how does it take that long to identify what was clearly a HUGE mismatch.

The defense was a problem also, but the Bills knew Mahomes wasn't struggling anymore like earlier in the season. We went into the game without our #1 CB, who happens to be one of the best in the league.

They knew that it was going to be a track meet and that they needed to outscore KC and through nearly 3 quarters Duhboll made some head scratching play calls. Consistently taking the ball out of Josh’s hands in key moments and creating several 3rd and long situations.

They didn't do that on KC's side of the ball, they were getting good yards in the early downs creating 3rd and short yardage. That is when the defense created 3rd downs. 

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.