Can't wait for Frazier to leave

Bermuda Triangle

Frazier does not run McDermott’s Defense because the staple of McDermott’s defense is he lines the linebackers over the center on third downs causing the opposing Qb’s to decide if they are coming or not, it causes mass confusion for opposing offensive lines to adjust and causes tones of sacks.  

I can tell when McDermott is calling the plays and Frazier is not I am surprised people don’t see this.  When you see those linebackers lined up over the center on third downs is McDermott when they play off it is Frazier.  You ask how I know this?  just look at when both were defensive  coordinators. Games can be seen on YouTube.  Frazier with Minnesota and McDermott with Carolina.

19 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Its just not happening......you dont fire a DC when he had "the number one defense in the NFL" that NEVER happens

Now you can debate whether it actually was....which is a separate issue

I got to agree. It would be shocking. I'll hang my hat on the fact that McDermott has seemed to learn from mistakes in the past. He became very aggressive this year in his decisions to go for it on 4th down on offense. Hopefully he will also learn from the prevent defense meltdown. If we are going to blow a lead in 13 seconds make the offense earn it by making an amazing play. Don't just give them easy yards. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lovie Smith is on final list to become HC of the Texans.  Do you think Frazier would consider leaving Bills to become DC and assistant HC with Texans?  Lovie Smith & Frazier have working history together and are good friends.  As much as I blame Frazier for KC debacle,  I think he could be handcuffed working under McDermott and may have a better chance of getting another shot as a HC working with Smith in Houston.  Not sure if assistant HC is considered a promotion and Bills would not be able to stand in his way. 

• Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Lovie Smith is on final list to become HC of the Texans.  Do you think Frazier would consider leaving Bills to become DC and assistant HC with Texans?  Lovie Smith & Frazier have working history together and are good friends.  As much as I blame Frazier for KC debacle,  I think he could be handcuffed working under McDermott and may have a better chance of getting another shot as a HC working with Smith in Houston.  Not sure if assistant HC is considered a promotion and Bills would not be able to stand in his way. 

hasnt Louie been a HC twice already?

43 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

So handcuffed that he has coordinated 3 top 5 defenses in 5 years? 

8 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Handcuffed by McD?

McD has had to take play calling over from LF several times over the years. 

Nope. Just one. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Frazier is already Assistant HC with the Bills.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t think the bills would have to let him out, and he would be nuts to want to leave the current situation for that dumpster fire franchise. 

Not if he feels he is taking the blame when things go bad or not able to freely call games the way he would like,  I don pretend to know if the reports that McDermott calls most of the plays are true but I think if he pushes or asks to leave then we may have our answer.  

21 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Not if he feels he is taking the blame when things go bad or not able to freely call games the way he would like,  I don pretend to know if the reports that McDermott calls most of the plays are true but I think if he pushes or asks to leave then we may have our answer.  

i could be wrong, but I get the sense that he had a good relationship with McD. McD is always raving about how great he is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.