Bills Bar in Oahu?

hellofellowbillsfans

43 minutes ago, BillsFanInRaleigh said:

I’m going to be in Oahu this coming weekend and am planning on watching the game at a Bills bar there. I’m curious - has anyone been recently and gone to a Bills bar on the island?

Nothing really.  Was there for Houston game...went to a few recommended spots and not a bills fan to be seen. 

Find a tiki bar with a TV and make sure they put the game on and drink Mai Tai's until you pass out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanInRaleigh said:

I’m going to be in Oahu this coming weekend and am planning on watching the game at a Bills bar there. I’m curious - has anyone been recently and gone to a Bills bar on the island?

It wasn’t Oahu, but my son was recently in Hawaii for his honeymoon. Italy was a no-go at that point. Probably still is for us in a couple months.

Anyway, they sent us pics of them at a bar with beers at 7:00 am local time. Beers were in hand, and the game was on. I’m sure you’ll figure it out. 

ENJOY! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hawaii50 said:

I live on Kauai.  But, most bars in Waikiki if you are staying their will likely have Bills fans present.  Not sure if any dedicated bars.

I'm gonna be in Poipu during the AFC championship weekend... any suggestions on Kauai?

For Oahu I'd avoid the chains along Kalakaua/Waikiki and try to find some place a bit more local closer to the Ala Moana area.  The King's Pub suggestion looks pretty decent.

2 hours ago, BillsFanInRaleigh said:

If I were on vacation in a Hawaii and I told my wife I would be at a local bar watching the game for 3 hours at 1:30 PM, I can only imagine her reaction. Good luck! 

8 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I'm gonna be in Poipu during the AFC championship weekend... any suggestions on Kauai?

For Oahu I'd avoid the chains along Kalakaua/Waikiki and try to find some place a bit more local closer to the Ala Moana area.  The King's Pub suggestion looks pretty decent.

Kalapaki Joes.  Not sure of situation with Covid.  May want to give them a call and check on hours and crowd.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hawaii50 said:

Kalapaki Joes.  Not sure of situation with Covid.  May want to give them a call and check on hours and crowd.

Yeah I figured that would be the recommendation - thanks for confirming!

Doubt you are going to find a Bills bar (LOL) but you can probably find a sports oriented bar and ask someone to switch on the game, if it isn't on already!

It is going to be an NFL playoff game after all.

They will probably ALL be shown if you are in the right bar.

2 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I used to go to a place near the university, down the hill near king st., they put out a nice breakfast spread, cheap bloody Mary's, etc...Bottom of the hill. Next to the place with the big beer garden.  Always a few Buffalo people, mostly Steelers fans but they should be hibernating. Niners also big in hawaii. 

We are heading to Oahu starting Friday and have been trying to figure out the same thing. The places listed on the Backers Bar site don’t have any references to Bills Games or game watch stuff. I sent a note to the dude listed as the chapter contact about Taps and Apps (which is only about 20-minutes from where we’re staying), have not heard back. Keeping an eye on this thread tho, Go Bills!

On 1/17/2022 at 6:29 PM, ADubs76 said:

We are heading to Oahu starting Friday and have been trying to figure out the same thing. The places listed on the Backers Bar site don’t have any references to Bills Games or game watch stuff. I sent a note to the dude listed as the chapter contact about Taps and Apps (which is only about 20-minutes from where we’re staying), have not heard back. Keeping an eye on this thread tho, Go Bills!

Did you ever hear anything back? We’re going to be up near the North Shore tomorrow so have now pivoted to finding something up there, but if Taps and Apps is going to have it on then we will be there cause it’ll only be about 20 min from where we’re at

On 1/16/2022 at 8:21 PM, BillsFanInRaleigh said:

You mean you turned down a chance to be in 30 degree weather in KC with a bunch of Bills fans to be in Oahu Hawaii on the same day .

Pretty fart smellar i'd say 😆 ...

Never heard back from the guy. We’re in Ko Olina. Kind of on the fence for going up up to Mililani for Taps & Apps or Staxx (a sports bar we drove past today over in Waianae, directly across from the beach (seems like a W no matter what)… We did call Taps & Apps (can we agree to call this T&A?) and the bartender made it sound like there are a few regulars that follow certain teams, Bills being one… but doesn’t seem like the full on backer-bar experience. We head up to North Shore on Wednesday for a week so… AFC championship game maybe!? 
Guve a shout back if you figure out a spot, but regardless LFG Buffalo!!

10 hours ago, ADubs76 said:

Never heard back from the guy. We’re in Ko Olina. Kind of on the fence for going up up to Mililani for Taps & Apps or Staxx (a sports bar we drove past today over in Waianae, directly across from the beach (seems like a W no matter what)… We did call Taps & Apps (can we agree to call this T&A?) and the bartender made it sound like there are a few regulars that follow certain teams, Bills being one… but doesn’t seem like the full on backer-bar experience. We head up to North Shore on Wednesday for a week so… AFC championship game maybe!? 
Guve a shout back if you figure out a spot, but regardless LFG Buffalo!!

We are likely going to end up at either TA or The Shack (which is pretty close to TA in the event TA doesn’t work out) cause that works with our timing and north shore location. No pressure to come. Regardless, GO BILLS!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.