Tailgaters Saturday Night: Keep Your Cell Phones Warm!

Nextmanup

A caller called into WGR-550 today mentioning that his cell phone went dead last night when he was out in cold weather for a while.

He urged Bills fans who are going to be tailgating for hours on Saturday to keep their cell phones warm.  They could die when it's THAT cold out...and then you might have issues presenting your electronic ticket at the stadium entrance without a phone.  

Seems like a reasonable precaution: why tempt fate?  Keep the phone warm!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Technology is great.🙄

It sure is….WHEN it works! I’ve had my phone cut off at the tennis courts when it gets too hot, I’m sure the same can happen when too cold. The difference is, my phone doesn’t NEED to work to get onto the courts. 

Hopefully just being in your pocket and close to your body is sufficient to keep it functioning. 

I’m screaming at clouds, I know, but I miss paper tickets. I’ve had trouble multiple times with tix on my phone that even the stadium “:experts” had a hard time fixing. 

Now, I have a question, but I’ll keep it to myself until it pops up.  😋

47 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

A caller called into WGR-550 today mentioning that his cell phone went dead last night when he was out in cold weather for a while.

He urged Bills fans who are going to be tailgating for hours on Saturday to keep their cell phones warm.  They could die when it's THAT cold out...and then you might have issues presenting your electronic ticket at the stadium entrance without a phone.  

So, if I am hearing you correctly and please correct if I am wrong, I think what you are indirectly suggesting is the rather novel concept that I have heard bantered about.

I believe it goes Something like this:

“Build A Dome!”

• Haha (+1) 3

Miyagi-San....

But even with the dome, we'd still be tailgating in the cold!   

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Good reminder to everyone.

I may turn mine off when I get to the tailgate, phone should still be at 95%ish then.  And turn it back on when ready to head to the gates.

Turning your phone off while tailgating is the single best thing you can do to preserve battery life.

I would keep the phone in an internal chest pocket under your layers of clothing and coat, so that the phone stays warm from body heat, if you have such a pocket! 

Apple and Samsung recommend NOT using cell phones in less than 32 degrees F!

In -35 degree (F) temps, a FULL battery can be depleted in 5 minutes! 

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article249280735.html

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, throw a hand warmer in your pocket with your phone.  Problem solved.  As a hockey dad/coach who often spends hours in some rinks that are -10/-20 at times, this absolutely works perfectly.

Wait until you get right up to where they check your tickets.  You’ll have about 30 seconds if it’s really, really cold.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sounds like a dumb idea to have electronic tickets.

I wonder how Green Bay fans deal with it.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

“Build A Dome!”

Without heat and Bills can call it "The Igloo". 

Josh has no issue at all about playing in cold and many of those wanting someone else to pay for dome and saying it "for the team".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.