Saturday Night 1/15 Weather Thread

Rubes

31 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I think they will be ok long as the wind is 20mph or less

Winds projected to be light and variable which means around 5-8mph

Cannot get less wind than that in Buffalo. Best case scenario

• Like (+1) 3

Tell me purist, open-air stadium fans, how does this scheduling a playoff game in bone chilling cold with snow, enhance a fan's experience and help our team's chances. What should be a tremendous home field advantage and a memorable family event, is now a fight to survive conditions that could threaten your health. The national audience will love watching this spectacle from the comfort of their homes, but the hearty souls in attendance will experience cruel and unusual punishment. ⁰

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Tell me purist, open-air stadium fans, how does this scheduling a playoff game in bone chilling cold with snow, enhance a fan's experience and help our team's chances. What should be a tremendous home field advantage and a memorable family event, is now a fight to survive conditions that could threaten your health. The national audience will love watching this spectacle from the comfort of their homes, but the hearty souls in attendance will experience cruel and unusual punishment. ⁰

Lol if you don't want to go don't go

And it's still an insane advantage for the Buffalo Bills because guess who's not going to be able to throw in the weather?

Rag ahm Mac Jones 

Jack kemp Jim Kelly and Josh Allen all had an advantage at others didn't.. they can throw the ball in weather that others can't

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lol if you don't want to go don't go

And it's still an insane advantage for the Buffalo Bills because guess who's not going to be able to throw in the weather?

Rag ahm Mac Jones 

Jack kemp Jim Kelly and Josh Allen all had an advantage at others didn't.. they can throw the ball in weather that others can't

How about fans in single digits with wind chills sub zero. When looking at new stadiums, a dome is the way to go.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BuffBills51 said:

What is everyone bringing/wearing special to this game to try to keep warm. I have never brought a blanket into the stadium but think this may be a first time for it. I am going to have my 12 year old son with me and hoping to keep him warm enough to enjoy the game.

just remember feet, hands and head are most important to keep warm

28 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

I'd just about give my left nut to be up there, freezing my butt off in that Stadium for this game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

How about fans in single digits with wind chills sub zero. When looking at new stadiums, a dome is the way to go.

We played in it in the '60s and seventies and '80s and '90s 

Very rarely does it get to Sub-Zero wind chill .. guess what that's what makes us special that we hang in there

Again if you don't want to go don't go.. there will be plenty who are willing to go

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

I've always enjoyed watching these games on tv, this time I get to see if I can deal with it live.  Question: Does 2 pairs of thermals make you warmer or does it make you colder?  I've found that extra socks ended up making me colder as they were cutting my circulation.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Very rarely does it get to Sub-Zero wind chill .. guess what that's what makes us special that we hang in there

Again if you don't want to go don't go.. there will be plenty who are willing to go

It's not just me, how about thinking of great fans that would love to be there but because of age or health problems,wouldn't chance it. 4 or 5 hours in sub zero wind chills and snow, would you want your grandparents or your kids, under 10 shivering in their boots.

• Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Uhhhh, maybe not. Bills playoff tickets down to $56!  They were $190 last week.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/afc-wild-card-playoffs-bills-v-orchard-park-new-york-01-15-2022/event/00005A8799BB1DEC

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Uhhhh, maybe not. Bills playoff tickets down to $50!  They were $190 last week.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/afc-wild-card-playoffs-bills-v-orchard-park-new-york-01-15-2022/event/00005A8799BB1DEC

Yeah but that's resale

Those tickets were already bought.. Pegula already paid 

If 45,000 people show up I would be worried promo

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah but that's resale

Those tickets were already bought.. Pegula already paid 

If 45,000 people show up I would be worried promo

Don't be surprised if that happens. Between the cold, Canadians unable to cross the border and Pats fans not travelling.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.