Questions Surrounding a New Stadium in OP .

T master

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Are you arguing a partial roof is more expensive to build and maintain then a closed roof?

Speaking as an architect, the answer is they’re about the same cost structurally. The dome has other costs in addition to the roof itself. Once you’re fully enclosed you also have heating and cooling costs to consider. In short…it’s an equation with lots and lots of variables.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Speaking as an architect, the answer is they’re about the same cost structurally. The dome has other costs in addition to the roof itself. Once you’re fully enclosed you also have heating and cooling costs to consider. In short…it’s an equation with lots and lots of variables.

So building costs are about the same but maintenance and operation costs higher? Ok. 

So in your opinion which option is cheaper? 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

80% of the seats covered was mentioned here. Also says it would be $300 million more to build a dome. So I don't know if the architects and engineers in this thread are correct.

Worse for T.V.? You'd think a roof would make for easier/better camera work.

Not attracting Major Events? is that saying it wouldn't attract many or that it wouldn't attract more than an open air stadium?

39 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Worse for T.V.? You'd think a roof would make for easier/better camera work.

Not attracting Major Events? is that saying it wouldn't attract many or that it wouldn't attract more than an open air stadium?

They're saying the weather events in Buffalo make for good drama. I wonder now if the reason every network makes such a big deal about Buffalo weather is because they are told to talk about it.

I honestly believe that's because Buffalo was bad for so long the weather was the only thing interesting about Bills games. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

80% of the seats covered was mentioned here. Also says it would be $300 million more to build a dome. So I don't know if the architects and engineers in this thread are correct.

Cool!   

Don't put a roof on the Caesar's Sports Lounge in the new stadium either.........let's make gambling more interesting too! :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Are you arguing a partial roof is more expensive to build and maintain then a closed roof?

I am saying it could cost just as much. Depends how it's designed. It wrong to look at this like "a full roof costs X, so half a roof should cost half of X." Half a roof is an entire different set of engineering challenges.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So building costs are about the same but maintenance and operation costs higher? Ok. 

So in your opinion which option is cheaper? 

There are features being suggested like heated seats and heated field. That will wipe out any cost savings over a dome. In fact you'll be heating the outdoors.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There is no stadium blueprint that I'm aware of. So how can they definitively say what it will cost vs a dome?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Whole lotta self proclaimed construction and finance experts in this thread...

Me, personally? I'm in camp "plan for and build whatever is most likely to actually get approved, funded, and built, and to therefore keep the Bills in Buffalo forever". Roof, schmoof. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Didn’t it come out already that Pegulas prefer open air, and so does the league from a marketing standpoint?

Are people still harping on the dome thing?  It’s not gonna happen.

It really is maddening.

It's been a settled issue for quite a while now, but some just can't let it go.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I suspect you and I are at entirely different ends of the political scale when it comes to taxation and how you should run an economy based on your posts (I am a tax and spend advocate) and yet, on the point of should public taxation be used to fund sport stadiums for franchises worth billions in one of the richest sports leagues in the world I agree with you totally. It shouldn't. 

I would just like to see the numbers of how much the league profits each year i'll bet it's just mind boggling the amount of money they have even with what they pay the players, coaches staff, & all the rest they are still making money that is good for them because they are not in this to lose money but i can't even imagine how big that pile is 🙀

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Whole lotta self proclaimed construction and finance experts in this thread...

Me, personally? I'm in camp "plan for and build whatever is most likely to actually get approved, funded, and built, and to therefore keep the Bills in Buffalo forever". Roof, schmoof. 

This site has no shortage of self proclaimed experts on any and all topics.  Thank you for a reasonable and logical post.  Very refreshing.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They're saying the weather events in Buffalo make for good drama. I wonder now if the reason every network makes such a big deal about Buffalo weather is because they are told to talk about it.

I honestly believe that's because Buffalo was bad for so long the weather was the only thing interesting about Bills games. 

So other comments weren't honest?  

Basically what you are saying when Bills going into a slump, all teams do eventually, and have a dome there will not be anything interesting to talk about.  You will would fail debate classes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.