Leslie Frazier & the Bears

YoloinOhio

Just talked to a guy i know who is pretty looped in with Chicago sports and has a few connections) and he believes from recent reports/discussions that dungy is going to be hired as Director of Football Ops, Louis Riddick as GM, and Leslie Frazier as HC. He isn’t 100% convinced they get rid of Ryan pace but that he may get put in a different role. I could see this happening and frazier could hire an OC (Jim Caldwell, who he worked with in Indy?) to take care of that side. I like the fit for him and I think the bears fan base would love it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Just talked to a guy i know who is pretty looped in with Chicago sports and has a few connections) and he believes from recent reports/discussions that dungy is going to be hired as Director of Football Ops, Louis Riddick as GM, and Leslie Frazier as HC. He isn’t 100% convinced they get rid of Ryan pace but that he may get put in a different role. I could see this happening and frazier could hire an OC to take care of that side. I like the fit for him and I think the bears fan base would love it. 

Maybe he'll bring Trubisky with him. That would be ironic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just talked to a guy i know who is pretty looped in with Chicago sports and has a few connections) and he believes from recent reports/discussions that dungy is going to be hired as Director of Football Ops, Louis Riddick as GM, and Leslie Frazier as HC. He isn’t 100% convinced they get rid of Ryan pace but that he may get put in a different role. I could see this happening and frazier could hire an OC (Jim Caldwell, who he worked with in Indy?) to take care of that side. I like the fit for him and I think the bears fan base would love it. 

Makes a ton of sense, actually.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That sounds like the radical type change that is needed with the franchise. Excellent football guys.

I saw someone else talk about Ken Dorsey being connected to Frazier as well - I could see them want to get him as QB coach for Fields (or OC)

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

That sounds like the radical type change that is needed with the franchise. Excellent football guys.

Yeah they do not have a football person in between 100 year old Virginia mcCaskey and Ryan Pace. That needs to change. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw someone else talk about Ken Dorsey being connected to Frazier as well - I could see them want to get him as QB coach for Fields (or OC)

Dont think he'd move laterally. He's in line to take over as OC if/when Daboll leaves so they'd have to offer him OC of the Bears in which case i would be very upset. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ray Stonada said:

Sounds great for Leslie, but tough for us. His Bills defense is as good as it gets with these pass friendly rules.

The Bears team he started on was one of the two best defenses I’ve ever watched (other being Baltimore 2000), too. 

We do play them next year and he knows everything there is to know about our team, which would suck. I still think they are rebuilding on offense and we should win but The bears have a good defense now as it is and will be getting Mack back as well. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Frostbite said:

Dont think he'd move laterally. He's in line to take over as OC if/when Daboll leaves so they'd have to offer him OC of the Bears in which case i would be very upset. 

Bring in Jordan Palmer as a full-time QB coach? I don’t think he takes it, but the results he has produced with Josh speak for themselves.

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Bring in Jordan Palmer as a full-time QB coach? I don’t think he takes it, but the results he has produced with Josh speak for themselves.

Would love it. He's got such a cushy job though. No doubt he works hard but makes his own hours and not a lot of pressure. Cant say I'd move on from that.

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I think if Dorsey leaves (or if Daboll leaves and Dorsey to OC), Shea Tierney may be elevated to QB coach. He’s the assistant now. That is if he doesn’t follow Daboll. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

We do play them next year and he knows everything there is to know about our team, which would suck. I still think they are rebuilding on offense and we should win but The bears have a good defense now as it is and will be getting Mack back as well. 

Yep. However, I guess as Hoodie would say, in the end it’s the players making plays, coaches and game plans notwithstanding.

Mack is the Buffalonian I would most love to see on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Dungy is 66 and has a cushy job that pays well. Not really seeing the upside for him unless he is sick of TV and wants to get back in the grind. 

If money talks his current position is silent compared to what would essentially be top football guy for an NFL franchise.

Dungy, Riddick and Frazier is a really nice setup for the Bears, and I would happily root for their success, except when they play us, of course!

But it would be cool to see Chicago good again, just because they are a classic franchise. Also, Frazier and Dungy are amazing people who are easy to root for. 

With Rodgers inexplicably trying to get off that loaded roster in Green Bay, it could be their division for the taking. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.