Leslie Frazier & the Bears

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Oh boy how is fan base in Chicago going to react to this.  No wonder they have been contacting Harbaugh behind the scenes.

This was from a few weeks ago. Frazier did interview there, but the GM was just hired and there doesn’t seem to be a connection to frazier. Doesn’t need to be but they are interviewing a lot of people. Last I saw Jim Caldwell was a front runner.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This was from a few weeks ago. Frazier did interview there, but the GM was just hired and there doesn’t seem to be a connection to frazier. Doesn’t need to be but they are interviewing a lot of people. Last I saw Jim Caldwell was a front runner.

Are they nuts Frazier then Jim Caldwell, they realize it’s Chicago!!! the fans still think it still 1985.  The last game Jim Caldwell, coached the Detroit lions locked him out of the locker room  and before that when he was with the colts they were so bad he had  Peyton Manning up for the MVP,  pretty good right the only problem Manning got hurt and did not play a down that year.

Chicago needs a stabilizer. Hiring another hot shot OC-DC without any head coaching experience is probably the wrong move. They just went through this with Nagy.  They also need a calming force and teacher to develop Fields. If I am them, I work to get a package deal. Frazier for head coach, Caldwell for OC. Both have head coaching coaching experience. This set up allows Caldwell to focus pretty much all his energies on Fields without having to deal with the pressures of being a head coach. With the experience those guys have, I think they could put together a pretty good staff. 

• Agree 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Chicago needs a stabilizer. Hiring another hot shot OC-DC without any head coaching experience is probably the wrong move. They just went through this with Nagy.  They also need a calming force and teacher to develop Fields. If I am them, I work to get a package deal. Frazier for head coach, Caldwell for OC. Both have head coaching coaching experience. This set up allows Caldwell to focus pretty much all his energies on Fields without having to deal with the pressures of being a head coach. With the experience those guys have, I think they could put together a pretty good staff. 

Agree completely and having an all-Black leadership in the crown jewel of old NFL franchises, especially in a city marred by racial divisions, would be a huge positive for the NFL.  I hope it happens and I’d be very happy for Leslie.

• Like (+1) 3

I understand Dan Quinn is the favourite to land this job from the first round of interviews. They now have their chosen GM in place for the second round of interviews and Jim Caldwell went first yesterday. Quinn, Eberflus and Frazier all expected to get second looks. Looking less likely that Daboll gets a second interview in this spot. Bears very much prioritising leadership over Xs and Os is the noise coming out. 

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I understand Dan Quinn is the favourite to land this job from the first round of interviews. They now have their chosen GM in place for the second round of interviews and Jim Caldwell went first yesterday. Quinn, Eberflus and Frazier all expected to get second looks. Looking less likely that Daboll gets a second interview in this spot. Bears very much prioritising leadership over Xs and Os is the noise coming out. 

Quinn is also the favorite in Denver. I think he ends up there. Unless they get Hackett with the promise of a Rodgers trade. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Quinn is also the favorite in Denver. I think he ends up there. Unless they get Hackett with the promise of a Rodgers trade. 

I am surprised how popular Quinn has been. Basically in Atlanta once Kyle Shanahan left he really struggled. Cycled through coordinators on both sides of the ball like they were going out of fashion, couldn't fix the defense and slowly but surely lost the locker room. He has done a good job in Dallas, but the talent was always there IMO. It was just that Mike Nolan wasted it in 2020. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am surprised how popular Quinn has been. Basically in Atlanta once Kyle Shanahan left he really struggled. Cycled through coordinators on both sides of the ball like they were going out of fashion, couldn't fix the defense and slowly but surely lost the locker room. He has done a good job in Dallas, but the talent was always there IMO. It was just that Mike Nolan wasted it in 2020. 

Quinn is a great and likeable guy which really helps. He did get his team to a super bowl and that won't go unnoticed 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Quinn is gonna have to send a fruit basket to Micah Parsons as an act of gratitude if he gets another HC job. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Quinn is a great and likeable guy which really helps. He did get his team to a super bowl and that won't go unnoticed 

I expected Quinn to get another shot before he was done.... but within a year? I mean I just don't know if the full body of work in Atlanta justifies that. But likeable people interview well that should never be underestimated. Owners are humans too. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I expected Quinn to get another shot before he was done.... but within a year? I mean I just don't know if the full body of work in Atlanta justifies that. But likeable people interview well that should never be underestimated. Owners are humans too. 

I thought it would take Quinn a few years re-proving himself running a defense to get his name back out there, but I think obviously the quick turnaround that the Dallas defense made has pushed him back to the top of alot of lists.

Atlanta had issues in the front office IMO as well as what happened to them after they choked away the SB.

If you're a team like Denver who doesn't want to go into a complete overhaul, I think he is a good fit.

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That SB will not go unnoticed....

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Can you imagine if the Bears trot out Frazier and....Jim Caldwell?!...

New factory of sadness.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.