QB 2022-23 Extensions.. Trades... Rookie Class

Huh? What?

I thought Darnold was playing better than Mayfield earlier this season... so I am prone to being wrong...

Mayfield 30-31 million per year extension with a 3 term

Jackson... this one is a challenge..he has an MVP and could be worthy Allen-Mahomes money.. but... he reminds me of Robert Griffin with a knee injury pending..

Rodgers... Green Bay

Wilson... Denver

Cousins... Carolina(?)... or New Orleans... maybe going out a limb here possible Miami

Watson.... can't see any future until the legal stuff plays out... Does the NFL consider him not playing a year a suspension if his cases get resolved?

and finally... Drew Lock Bills backup with Trubinsky in Washington

Matt Corral - Seattle... Plunkett... Houston

Edited by Huh? What?
new wording

28 minutes ago, Huh? What? said:

I thought Darnold was playing better than Mayfield earlier this season... so I am prone to being wrong...

Mayfield 30-31 million per year extension with a 3 term

Jackson... this one is a challenge..he has an MVP and could be worthy Allen-Mahomes money.. but... he reminds me of Robert Griffin with a knee injury pending..

Rodgers... Green Bay

Wilson... Denver

Cousins... Carolina(?)... or New Orleans... maybe going out a limb here possible Miami

Watson.... can't see any future until the legal stuff plays out... Does the NFL consider him not playing a year a suspension if his cases get resolved?

and finally... Drew Lock Bills backup with Trubinsky in Washington

Matt Corral - Seattle... Plunkett... Houston

Is there a coherent thought in here somewhere?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 6

I am hoping that unless some team offers Mitch a substantial opportunity in both money and possble playing time that the Bills make a serious attempt to being him back.

We have a physical QB and have dodged him being injured the last couple years. Odds say that won't always be the case. And anyone that watched Mannion attempt to play QB last night or has seen any Giants football for the past month should see how important the backup QB position could be to teams that hope to be in contention.

Add into that the possibility of COVID continuing next year with who knows what kind of strands it is better to be overprepared at the QB position than caught with the cupboard bare.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I am hoping that unless some team offers Mitch a substantial opportunity in both money and possble playing time that the Bills make a serious attempt to being him back.

We have a physical QB and have dodged him being injured the last couple years. Odds say that won't always be the case. And anyone that watched Mannion attempt to play QB last night or has seen any Giants football for the past month should see how important the backup QB position could be to teams that hope to be in contention.

Add into that the possibility of COVID continuing next year with who knows what kind of strands it is better to be overprepared at the QB position than caught with the cupboard bare.

Which odds are those?  Some guys are injury prone, and some guys are freaks of nature.  I happen to believe Josh is the latter.  What about him leads you to the conclusion that he is likely to be seriously injured?  If the Bills can bring back Trubisky that's great; but it is also highly unlikely if he is a guy who truly wants another shot at starting (for the reasons noted above).

Covid won't be an issue next season unless a new, more serious variant emerges.  And I continue to believe more and more folks will be vaxxed.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I'd rather sign Daniel Jones as a backup when he flames out in NY.

Jones will be a Giant next year because even if he loses his starting job the Giants other backups have been ridiculously bad.  I expect the Giants to bring in a QB who will compete with Jones for the starting job & the loser will be the backup.  Glennon & Fromm don't belong in the NFL.  To see how bad Fromm is, Glennon was unbelievably bad yesterday, but after seeing Fromm the week before, the Giants never replaced Glennon with Fromm.  

Drew Lock, Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones are great Trubisky replacements. 

Unfortunately, they're all going to be under contract next year. I think come 2023, we have our pick of the litter.

I could honestly see us trading a late round pick for Drew Lock if Trubisky isn't back. Lock would be a perfectly fine backup for Josh. 

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Which odds are those?  Some guys are injury prone, and some guys are freaks of nature.  I happen to believe Josh is the latter.  What about him leads you to the conclusion that he is likely to be seriously injured?  If the Bills can bring back Trubisky that's great; but it is also highly unlikely if he is a guy who truly wants another shot at starting (for the reasons noted above).

Covid won't be an issue next season unless a new, more serious variant emerges.  And I continue to believe more and more folks will be vaxxed.

The odds that football is a physical game and even the toughest players miss time.  Ankle rolls, landing wrong on a shoulder, concussion and on and on. And if I recall correctly the freak of nature has shown a human side and missed games his rookie year. Does that make him injury prone? No. But shows he's human and not impervious to being injured.  And while Allen is tough and would likely try and tough things out having a suitable back up option is never a bad thing.

The bolded is kind of a weird response in my view. We heard the same thing last year. And the year before. Why would you expect next year be much different? Failing to plan is planning to fail. Project the worst and hope it's not needed.

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

The odds that football is a physical game and even the toughest players miss time.  Ankle rolls, landing wrong on a shoulder, concussion and on and on. And if I recall correctly the freak of nature has shown a human side and missed games his rookie year. Does that make him injury prone? No. But shows he's human and not impervious to being injured.  And while Allen is tough and would likely try and tough things out having a suitable back up option is never a bad thing.

The bolded is kind of a weird response in my view. We heard the same thing last year. And the year before. Why would you expect next year be much different? Failing to plan is planning to fail. Project the worst and hope it's not needed.

Like I said...seriously injured.  Anyway, the point is that Trubisky is as good as gone if he wants a chance to start.

As for Covid...in 2020 there were no vaccines, lots of people dying, and we didn't know what we didn't know.  Now there are vaccines and the latest variant is a significantly watered-down virus that has everyone changing the way we think about Covid going forward.  Who said there is no planning?  I'm just talking about reality.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Why do most people think Trubisky is gone? No one was willing to pay him this year, and he has not played to change anyone's mind.

My wishful thinking is that the Sam Darnold experiment in Clt turns suitors off to Trubisky and he stays here.

I think someone will take a flyer on him saying he has a chance to compete for a starting position. Maybe a team who drafts a Rookie next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.