Around the NFL Week 17

HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

If we couldn't say it before, we can say it now: Darnold is a bust.

Looking more and more likely that Allen is far and away the best qb of that draft. We'll see what happens with baker and Lamar in the future, but man the bills hit the lottery with allen

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I know a lot of fans won't agree but just think where this team would be had they not traded for Diggs and took Jefferson.

They'd have a WR whose at worse is just as good as Diggs, for a lot less money and about 5 years younger to boot.

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I know a lot of fans won't agree but just think where this team would be had they not traded for Diggs and took Jefferson.

They'd have a WR whose at worse is just as good as Diggs, for a lot less money and about 5 years younger to boot.

Right where they are now probably. Maybe not though.. where are the Vikings? Besides no guarantee everything would hAve fallen the same way draft wise. Overall a fools errand. 

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not sure about that man. He's pretty good for sure, but "at worse just as good as Diggs"?? So in other words you're suggesting when not at his "worse" he's better than Diggs??

Would like to hear how you came to this conclusion...

10 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not sure about that man. He's pretty good for sure, but "at worse just as good as Diggs"?? So in other words you're suggesting when not at his "worse" he's better than Diggs??

Would like to hear how you came to this conclusion...

I don't want to turn this into something it's not, obviously Diggs is a great player but if you look at Diggs first two seasons in the NFL compared to Jefferson it's not even close. Even when you stack up Diggs career year this season + 2021 so far, Jefferson still appears to be the better guy.

Jefferson looks like a future HOF through 2 NFL seasons with 1400+ yards in each with a QB throwing the ball to him that many don't even think is franchise caliber. That's truly rare company in this league when you look at some of the all time greats. He's also 6 years younger which I made a mistake on.

• Haha (+1) 1

Beane didn’t think Jefferson would be that guy. He’s on record as saying the WRs they wanted (Jeudy/Lamb) they would’ve ended up giving up more capital to move up to get them, than what they gave up for Diggs. If he knew Jefferson would be this productive then I bet he doesn’t make the move for Diggs. All of this would’ve been avoided had they selected Metcalf over Ford the year before, but that’s another story 😅

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.