THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - The Complete Package

Shaw66

Incredible as always Shaw.

Just rewatched the game and while I was a nervous wreck throughout, JA was ice. 

I completely agree that he is maturing before our eyes and there is no limit to his potential. 

Also, what a game by McKenzie! If he can replace/step in for Beas, we are in amazing shape! Now and for the future. 

• Agree 2

Great write-up - covered all the bases.

I loved the line about winning every play.  They kind of did. Obviously, NE had a few drives that were nice - but even on those, it didn't feel like we let up.  We weren't going to be denied in that game.

One of the top 5 wins the Bills have had, at least for me, including the SB years.  I don't think people realize how significant this was - to not let the Pats just take the division back & get a sweep a year after we were on top.  Their fans were feeling it, and we were already hearing the chatter about how we blew our 1-year window.  

This is the Bills division now.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

I’m sorry but most of the time tremaine Edmonds has no clue what he is doing out there. Yes he had one nice hit in the open field but if you key in on this guy he is out of position almost every play or gets blocked out of it. It’s frustrating. 

I dont know if this was ever discussed previously you bring up some new and intriguing points

• Haha (+1) 11

this is exactly how this team should be playing every freaking week.  This is the version of the Bills that can win the Super Bowl.  This is why I (and many of you) have been frustrated this season because this version goes into hiding at some points.  This is the Bills that can win the SB.  LETS GO!!!!!!!

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

I’m sorry but most of the time tremaine Edmonds has no clue what he is doing out there. Yes he had one nice hit in the open field but if you key in on this guy he is out of position almost every play or gets blocked out of it. It’s frustrating. 

Yeah, I still have a problem with how he fills gaps, or doesn't.  But he had more than one nice hit, and he's all over the field.   He may not be what you imagine at middle linebacker, but if the Bills let him go, it may be years before they fill the middle that well again.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Amazing review as always!

This victory was formed from the amalgamation of two games- the Patriots and Buccaneers games. The Patriots game was a "well, we know who REALLY owns the division" slap in the face" and the Buccaneers game was a "this team has huge heart despite the loss".

Both games gave the Bills the chip on their shoulder and the passion they could hang with ANYONE.

Forged from fire... LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

So damn proud.

20 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

I assume you think the big 31 yard gain was his fault?

Thanks Shaw! Always a pleasure reading your reviews. The game analysis is never over until you and Virgil make your unique contributions with your own unique styles. Thank you!

And your point today is spot on: Josh Allen is a special talent and he played a phenomenal, as only Josh Allen can do, style game. Jaw dropping throws, great decision making, huge runs, flip passes, and inspiring leadership. When we needed him most, all his best qualities were on display today. 

I said this in another thread, but I thought today was Josh's best game as a pro.

Given the surrounding roster circumstances, the stakes of the game, and the quality of the opponent and opposing head coach...the win was huge. The WAY he won was huge. He made the right decision on almost every play. He played a complete, mature, intelligent, composed, poised game. He's had flashier games, but in terms of being the consummate field general, I don't think he's ever been better. Today wasn't the most EXCITING he's ever been, but I think it's the BEST he's ever been. Like you said, it was winning football.

Health permitting, Josh Allen is going to have a bronze bust in Canton one day.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Logic said:

I said this in another thread, but I thought today was Josh's best game as a pro.

Given the surrounding roster circumstances, the stakes of the game, and the quality of the opponent and opposing head coach...the win was huge. The WAY he won was huge. He made the right decision on almost every play. He played a complete, mature, intelligent, composed, poised game. He's had flashier games, but in terms of being the consummate field general, I don't think he's ever been better. Today wasn't the most EXCITING he's ever been, but I think it's the BEST he's ever been. Like you said, it was winning football.

Health permitting, Josh Allen is going to have a bronze bust in Canton one day.

You could feel it. He was in command.  He never seemed to be in a hurry.  He missed some throws and didn't sulk.  He just played football.  And there aren't many who play football like he can. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Mac Jones was completely exposed today also which cant be overlooked.  Looked like absolute trash. Loved it

Yep can’t wait to watch the moronic national media try to gracefully backpedal all their Patriots ball washing tomorrow. Should be amusing if nothing else. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

I watched Edmunds very closely. He looked like *****. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.