12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Something odd I've noticed:

In 2017, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2018, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2019, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2020, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2021, the Bills played at New England in week 16.

In 2017, the Bills played at New England in week -1.

In 2018, the Bills played at New England in week -1.

In 2019, the Bills played at New England in week -1.

In 2020, the Bills played at New England in week -1.

In 2021, the Bills played at New England in week -2.

Counts as how many games to playoffs so Bills schedule improved.

I'd prefer no more than one of each division opponent in last quarter.

28 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Anybody else besides me have two heart attacks when Stef stopped short of the line twice for the spin moves?

I had three almost-heart-attacks and twice the range of emotions  "Oh No! Yes! Go! Oh! Yes! Get Down! Go! Get a TD! Get Down!"

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Ha Fairburn's article read like one written by the Bills writer, not the Cheater's.  From the comments seems like a lot of the Cheater fans on the Athletic haven't loved his coverage - guess it hasn't been all unicorns and rainbows

Fairburn wrote for Rochester, so he is one of ours :P

6 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Did not see the game. 

Seems like the refs did a good job.  True?

Since Brady entered the league, I have never seen a Bills v.s. Pats game called fairly, until today. Even in the handful of wins we have had against them, there were plenty of BS calls against us. I thought the refs made some tough calls, but they did so fairly and evenly.

It's almost as if Gropbert Graft's gravy train ran out 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Fairburn wrote for Rochester, so he is one of ours :P

Yeah - it was actually Syracuse, then became the Bills beat writer at The Athletic.  He was always one of my favorites - it was just interesting to see someone write an article as the Pats* beat reporter that was so pro-Bills oriented, then jarring to see all the negative comments by Cheater fans - not on the article, but of his body of work as Cheater beat writer.  I haven't read the other stuff he's written while there (would rather gouge my eyes out than read than read beat articles about the Cheaters) - but seems like he's put himself in a bit of a hostile environment atm (though I imagine many of the negative commenters were butt-hurt at the time - which brings a big smile to my face :) )

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Since Brady entered the league, I have never seen a Bills v.s. Pats game called fairly, until today. Even in the handful of wins we have had against them, there were plenty of BS calls against us. I thought the refs made some tough calls, but they did so fairly and evenly.

It's almost as if Gropbert Graft's gravy train ran out 🤔

We caught a break on the Hughes non-roughing call. Everything else looked fairly called. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, NickelCity said:

I can't tell if Tim is just trying anything to stay relevant or if he's just this much of a weirdo.

Tim Graham is a Grade-A narcissistic man-child. A good writer but a miserable human otherwise. It's curious to me how all the Bills writers close ranks when one of their own, often Jerry Sullivan, gets called out. There's is no justification for Sullivan's behavior towards players. It's unprofessional. That his fellow writers feel the need to stick up for his boorish behavior says a lot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.