Gabe Davis on covid list

Steptide

2 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

So variants are possible due to unvaccinated people, huh? Any data to support that claim?

Basic virology.  Viruses have to infect cells to propagate.  As they propagate they mutate.  Vaccines prevent viruses from infecting cells ergo no propagation ergo no mutation.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The point is the vaccines, especially the mRNA ones, worked very well against the initial and delta strains.  Not as much against omicron it would appear.

If boosted, preliminary studies show Pfizer 75% effective against Omicron.  Which ain't bad in vaccine world.

25 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@Alphadawg7, one of you had to come across an unvaccinated person somewhere. Variants are possible due to unvaccinated people. This virus could've been eradicated if people would've masked up, social distanced and got vaccinated. Period!! 

I know exactly who I got it from.  I was vaccinated (Moderna) and boosted when exposed to him.  He was also the same.  

So sorry, this has nothing to do with the unvaccinated.  Otherwise I wouldn’t have COVID if the vaccine prevented COVID nor would tons of other vaccinated and boosted people I know who have COVID right now.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

If Sanders plays AND can be effective, then we can get by at WR.  We essentially have only one TE that is even worth a damm.  

Now look at the OL without Dawkins, Feliciano, and Ford.  It’s not pretty. It’s gonna take great defense and ST, a dramatic improvement in penalties and negative plays, and winning the turnovers.  

We can win, it will be an epic effort though.  Something the 2021 Bills have not had yet.  

If BB thinks we only have one good WR, he'll double Diggs. We still have Knox. We still have other WRs. And Allen can still get the ball to any of them. Singletary is also a passing option. Running the ball is still an option. Plenty of ways to skin this cat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

But for longer than 6 months, fortunately.

Viruses are interesting creatures.  You can get vaccines that essentially eradicate certain ones like measles (if everyone gets vaccinated) and you get some that no matter how hard you try you can’t get an effective one, like HIV.  Covid is somewhere in between.

• Awesome! (+1) 1