Off-season trade idea

whorlnut

4 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I was thinking today on how Beane will fix this offense this off-season and i think even though we all agree we need offensive line help, I think we also need some weapons to go along with line. I’m not sure what Beane has in mind with getting a weapon for this offense, but what about a trade with the giants for Saquon Barkley?  We could offer Tremaine Edmunds. Both players were first rounders in the same class and both might benefit from a change of scenery. 

This worked before when we traded a star linebacker for a running back. We could also draft a linebacker in the middle rounds to replace Edmunds, who has mostly underwhelmed in his time here. Yes, I know he is a two time pro bowler, but i think he leaves a lot out there on the field most of the time.

Barkley would immediately give us an elite weapon. I realize he’s dealt with some injuries, but an ACL seems to be fairly common these days and his ankle got rolled which is a freak deal as well. 

I obviously realize this is highly unlikely, but worth discussing as it could be a win for both sides with exciting young players involved. 

My Giants friend says Saquon is soft as hell and is afraid of contact, yet is constantly hurt...says he’s not very good- sounds like a fair trade for Edmunds...😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Somebody should start a poll. On the poll should be the worst thread ideas. I would vote for speculative trade ideas as #1. 

Sorry, nothing personal, just my opinion.   

Where would you put officiating conspiracy theories targeting the Bills?

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’ll be a real shame if we go into next season with the same three RBs.  They could succeed if we crush the off season and build a beast OL (but doubtful), I’d just like to see them add a different type of talent to the mix.  I’m over Moss.  Breida is an idiot, he needs to go, regardless of speed.  Now I know why he was in the doghouse and couldn’t get on the field competing against 2 JAGs in Miami.  

I’d be fine trading Moss for a 7th or cutting him.  Not resigning Breida and drafting a back in rd 2-4 or adding a FA while giving Antonio Williams a chance at the rb3.  If he stinks, there will be free agents capable of filling the role.

First of all if they were ever going to give Williams or Wade a chance they would've done it by now. It wouldn't surprise me to see Breida and Moss gone. They'll keep Singletary and draft a RB and sign a FA RB. But the first 2 picks better be Guards.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I think Edmunds sucks but I only trade him for a DE or high level OL. 

Yes I wanted Najee Harris in the draft, but at the time I thought Ford was the answer at guard. He is a bust. They can't afford a high pick or to waste trade on a RB. Must fix both lines at all cost first. They can survive with the three backs they have now if they had a better OL 

Listen to a prior Bills o lineman , John Fina , prior left tackle with Kelly , Ruben brown etc.   His pod cast on YouTube off tackle with Fina and Joe Miller is great on Monday nights on YouTube.   He feels the technique is terrible , they are rarely given the chance to run block. And he thinks the vision of the backs is questionable.   So it’s a perspective thing.   I don’t think the line is all that terrible, it’s not great, but all those guys aren’t terrible either.  
It wasn’t the year before but the backs still were unimpressive.  I do think motor has worked to improve but he is no Harris!   You willl not improve the o with rookie guards and guards are rarely drafted in the first as they are not valued like tackles. There are  many more of them than quality backs.  Only Josh has run for 100 yards in a game in 2 years !   Even by chance a mediocre back does that more than zero times in two years.   It’s the scheme , poor o line coaching and if you want to depend on rookie guards , we will be waiting another couple of years for development.  

Imho we need 1) a premiere three down back so we are not running predictable sets all the time ,  Give us another star like Josh , a back like that you can probably get late in the first round.   Take the punishment and pressure off Josh !  2) get a better o line coach , perhaps better o coordinator.  Give that guy two or three free agents , one good vet and two guys with a year or two under their belt to coach up.  Can improve within one off season.   3). Try to get a FA legit edge rusher as groot develops , basham develops, Addison and our other nameless De ( hughes) face retirement. We need to reconsider the constant rotation, esp of the edge rushers.  Tasker pointed out recently  edge guys have to get enough reps to set up moves to beat the tackles.  They can’t do that with this constant rotation.   Just being fresh is not equaling sacks as the bills are now # 28 in sacks of the NFL. .   This scheme , either mcds or Frazier’s is not having the expected results.  Keep doing the same and expect different results ???   4) Please consider at least competition for MLB , and try using edmunds to go after the qb!  He has what 3-4 ints in 4 years.?   He could probably double the impact plays with sacks if he was used as an edge rusher more than an mlb.   He is a good guy , great teammate, smart guy, but he lacks fluidity and when does he impact plays ! ?  All we hear is he keeps qbs from throwing in an area!  How do you evaluate a negative or prove why something doesn’t happen ?   How do you prove a qb doesn’t throw in an area just because if edmunds; I have seen many games where routes are run right in front of him ,   Oh I forgot about the Tampa bay game where our pro bowl mlb  could not make a play to save the game !  

My main point is it’s not as simple as just fixing the lines.  It’s coaching , it’s scheme , it’s doing more creative things with the backs and those backs need to have TALENT !   Sorry moss is no longer in college forcing business decisions , motor is improving but he can’t be our sole back if we want to extend Allens career !   If we want to shorten his career , keep depending on his legs rather than his arm and brain that resulted in how High he was drafted !    

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

My Giants friend says Saquon is soft as hell and is afraid of contact, yet is constantly hurt...says he’s not very good- sounds like a fair trade for Edmunds...😉

I don't want either on the Bills roster. Search elsewhere for a RB. And there's no team dumb enough to take on TE's $12.7 contract.

4 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

While the trade is fair (possibly slightly better for the giants imo). 

Do you honestly feel a RB will fix our running game? I don't. If the OL were better we wouldn't be in this situation. 

Blocking scheme? Maybe idk. Fact is until you can block a RB is irrelevant IMO.

The Oline is a problem, yes. However, Moss is not good, Singletary doesn't have the speed and Breida is too small. We could go RB in the draft but how many 3rd round or later RBs are you willing to keep rolling the dice on until you find one. I do think a dynamic and fast RB can help an oline. I would take a RB either round 1 or 2 or try to trade for Barkley. It would make a huge difference 

• Like (+1) 1

Edmunds is just good enough to ride through the 5th year option but just still too inconsistent to sign to an extension.  Barkley is an overpaid running back who won't do jack squat unless we improve our interior.  Let's not create a hole at MLB when we have more pressing needs at OL, WR, and unfortunately DT.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

First of all if they were ever going to give Williams or Wade a chance they would've done it by now. It wouldn't surprise me to see Breida and Moss gone. They'll keep Singletary and draft a RB and sign a FA RB. But the first 2 picks better be Guards.

No offense man, but saying that the first two picks better be guards is just nonsense. You don’t just select two guards because Our guards suck.  We can sign guards in FA as well.  Stop saying this.  It’s dumb.  If you’re going to say this, then start scouting the OG class and tell us who you want.  Which guards are worth selecting in rd 1 or 2.   You don’t reach on a player because of need.  

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Just stop with the overpaying nonsense. I'm not talking Zeke money. But I have no issue with the Bills paying a RB that deserves it

And why

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

The Oline is a problem, yes. However, Moss is not good, Singletary doesn't have the speed and Breida is too small. We could go RB in the draft but how many 3rd round or later RBs are you willing to keep rolling the dice on until you find one. I do think a dynamic and fast RB can help an oline. I would take a RB either round 1 or 2 or try to trade for Barkley. It would make a huge difference 

Which rbs would you take in rd 2?  As of now, I’d say two, maybe 3 are worthy.  Walker, Hall and maybe Spiller.  Not a fan of the rest as of yet. 

mccaffery isn’t being wasted on Carolina.  He’s being wasted because he can’t stay healthy.  Barkley isn’t the same back he was in year 1 and 2.  The giants OL is better now than it was than, he’s regressed due to his body.  

Edited by NewEra

12 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

71edZP81rcL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.59a57d17c7ba4852519933c46ecc96c8.jpg

Being the Christmas season, please use the appropriate LAMP. Because this thread deserves a Major Award.

Umm.... I think Chandler#81 has the copyright to this lamp picture. He's not going to be happy about this without his approval Moderator going to moderate :) 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’ll be a real shame if we go into next season with the same three RBs.  They could succeed if we crush the off season and build a beast OL (but doubtful), I’d just like to see them add a different type of talent to the mix.  I’m over Moss.  Breida is an idiot, he needs to go, regardless of speed.  Now I know why he was in the doghouse and couldn’t get on the field competing against 2 JAGs in Miami.  

I’d be fine trading Moss for a 7th or cutting him.  Not resigning Breida and drafting a back in rd 2-4 or adding a FA while giving Antonio Williams a chance at the rb3.  If he stinks, there will be free agents capable of filling the role.

Brieda will likely be gone.  He’s on a 1 year deal.  The other two will be interesting.  I can see the Bills moving on from either Moss or Singletary.  But both will still be on rookie deals, so it’s hard to say 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Augie said:

Somebody should start a poll. On the poll should be the worst thread ideas. I would vote for speculative trade ideas as #1. 

Good idea! Let's add to this poll:

Threads with just a link, and no description or opinion. We get to be surprised if we click on the link. This is laziness, or a rush to be the first to post it.

Threads with a post full of typos, grammatical errors, and/or no punctuation or paragraphing.

Threads with a mystery or vague title (which the poster is trying to entice you to open to read his content).

Threads where the poster can't get the player's name right, sometimes repeatedly (Who is "Levon"??!!).

Thread where the poster never comes back and posts again.

Threads wanting any player whom a team cuts, even if they suck.

Threads advocating to draft a certain player, at least before the season ends.

Threads saying it's the end of the world and let's fire McBeane any time after any Bills loss.

Troll threads, especially disguised as supporting the Bills.

Many (but certainly not all) of the threads started by new posters.

Threads where the poster just wants attention, even if they try to be nice (I guess that falls under troll threads).

Threads repeating a topic, especially if it is currently posted on the first page.

Threads violating the COC.

Threads where the poster just wants a fight, or is very combative, or is not really wanting to listen to other opinions.

"Call out" threads (although there haven't been many on this site--credit to the moderators, I guess?).

What else?

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Brieda will likely be gone.  He’s on a 1 year deal.  The other two will be interesting.  I can see the Bills moving on from either Moss or Singletary.  But both will still be on rookie deals, so it’s hard to say 

Agreed.  Moss’ contract may save him, but as 210 lb power back that is oft injured, keeping him as our 3rd string back might be our best bet.  I could see someone throwing a 7th rd pick our way for him if we put him on the block. Maybe not….but maybe is enough to give it a shot.

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

Ya know, I don’t really hate the idea as much as I originally thought, but if we’re going to trade Tremaine, I’d like to actually get something for him that we’d keep for more than 1 year.  I don’t know what Barkley is gonna get paid after next year when he’s a FA, but I think it’s more than I think he’s worth due to his injury history. 

Won’t Edmunds be a free agent after the season?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.