Questions about parking from someone on crutches.

1ManRaid

I don't have my handicapped parking pass yet, and on top of my usual medical issues (fibromyalgia), I injured my knee earlier this week.

About private lots:

- How early do they open so I could get the nearest possible location?

- How quickly do they fill up?

- How much are they charging these days and have they started taking card payments instead of cash?

Or should I bite the bullet and pay the $35/$40 for the nearest possible stadium lot?  What time do THEY open?

*edit*

I Googled it and stadium lots open 9am.

Edited by 1ManRaid

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

I don't have my handicapped parking pass yet, and on top of my usual medical issues (fibromyalgia), I injured my knee earlier this week.

About private lots:

- How much are they charging these days and have they started taking card payments instead of cash?

Or should I bite the bullet and pay the $35/$40 for the nearest possible stadium lot?  What time do THEY open?

*edit*

I recommend you call the Bills headquarters to get their input.

Any guy willing to attend a Bills game in December on crutches should get some kind of special  TBD award

Lets call it the Lieutenant Dan Taylor Award

" Try not to get yourself killed"

image.png.9a395fd0f50a6ce295482d1e88de6070.png

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's hard for me to imagine how you would enjoy this experience more than watching from the comfort of your own home. Dealing with parking and traffic, drunk fans who are way too close to you, and having no personal space has really turned me off of going to games, and I'm not even on crutches.

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's hard for me to imagine how you would enjoy this experience more than watching from the comfort of your own home. Dealing with parking and traffic, drunk fans who are way too close to you, and having no personal space has really turned me off of going to games, and I'm not even on crutches.

Just so you know, when we hang out…I’m going to be sitting about an inch next to you. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Its the energy and atmosphere.  Songs sound better in the studio but seeing them perform live is the better experience.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Any guy willing to attend a Bills game in December on crutches should get some kind of special award

Lets call it the Lieutenant Dan Award

image.png.9a395fd0f50a6ce295482d1e88de6070.png

To be fair, with my fibro I don't usually need the crutches on the way IN.  It's the 3+ hours of "where would you rather be" and fatigue that does a number on my nervous system and has me needing them on my way out.  Worth feeling like crap the next couple days tho.

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

1.  It's for my birthday.

2.  The only games I've had ruined by drunks and idiots is when I've made the mistake of settling for tickets at the end of the 300 levels, especially during preseason.

3.  I will admit to having my enthusiasm for the NFL severely dampened, but by the blatant refball highlighted by the Bucs game.  Otherwise I live for the energy and atmosphere of a live Buffalo crowd.  With the borders closed until now (and my friend not wanting to spring for more expensive MNF tickets in that weather), this is my first opportunity to return to my Bills since early 2019 season.

*edit*

I should add that we got lucky and scored aisle seats not that high up in the section, so accessibility shouldn't be much of an issue.  At the last game I went to, the cool usher/security/whatever guy took one look at my crutches and instantly directed us to sit in the unused seats behind him right by the entrance, after asking and hearing that our seats were up in the back lol.

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

There is a handicapped lot on the front right side of the stadium between the Ralph and the fieldhouse.

Call the box office to see what is required

I've messaged them on the "Contact Us" page, but will look for an appropriate number to call.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'Contact Us' forms are too often the www equivalent of black holes. 🤔

Fortunately I found the right phone number to call, and they are emailing me the map for where the shuttle service operates in their lots.  Also was given information about their wheelchair service, and the possibility of Guest Services moving us to handicapped seating if needed.  Hopefully I'll be able to manage our seats, they're close to my favorite.  300 section aisle seats at midfield, not too high up in the section.  Always been a good experience there in the past.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

To be fair, with my fibro I don't usually need the crutches on the way IN.  It's the 3+ hours of "where would you rather be" and fatigue that does a number on my nervous system and has me needing them on my way out.  Worth feeling like crap the next couple days tho.

1.  It's for my birthday.

2.  The only games I've had ruined by drunks and idiots is when I've made the mistake of settling for tickets at the end of the 300 levels, especially during preseason.

3.  I will admit to having my enthusiasm for the NFL severely dampened, but by the blatant refball highlighted by the Bucs game.  Otherwise I live for the energy and atmosphere of a live Buffalo crowd.  With the borders closed until now (and my friend not wanting to spring for more expensive MNF tickets in that weather), this is my first opportunity to return to my Bills since early 2019 season.

*edit*

I should add that we got lucky and scored aisle seats not that high up in the section, so accessibility shouldn't be much of an issue.  At the last game I went to, the cool usher/security/whatever guy took one look at my crutches and instantly directed us to sit in the unused seats behind him right by the entrance, after asking and hearing that our seats were up in the back lol.

I've messaged them on the "Contact Us" page, but will look for an appropriate number to call.

We ended up taking my 82 year old mother in law when I was in town for the WFT game. The handicap lot was full when we got there, but the parking people put us in a spot right next to that lot.

Right after going through the gate where the handicap lot is (6?), to the right there is a phone along the fence.  You can call and they can send someone with a wheelchair to take you to your section.  In our case, I just walked behind her as she ascended the stairs to our row.  Not having to walk halfway around the stadium to get to our section helped her.

On leaving, there are phones in the concourse for the same purpose.  Just call and a person with a wheelchair shows.

Hope it helps.

10 minutes ago, CookieG said:

We ended up taking my 82 year old mother in law when I was in town for the WFT game. The handicap lot was full when we got there, but the parking people put us in a spot right next to that lot.

Right after going through the gate where the handicap lot is (6?), to the right there is a phone along the fence.  You can call and they can send someone with a wheelchair to take you to your section.  In our case, I just walked behind her as she ascended the stairs to our row.  Not having to walk halfway around the stadium to get to our section helped her.

On leaving, there are phones in the concourse for the same purpose.  Just call and a person with a wheelchair shows.

Hope it helps.

I'll be coming from the north, so I guess lot 5 or 7 near ADA lot 6/gate 6 would be the way to go.  Thanks for the heads up.

Aside from that, it's my friend's first Bills game, and I've already committed to playing tour guide and hobbling around to show him Bills tailgating.  Even without an actual knee injury, that would probably use up what energy that already wonky knee has and would need the accommodations anyways lol.

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I can't imagine going on crutches to Highmark, where the fans stand the whole game.  

That's not my experience.

Also I'm not confined to a wheelchair or whatever, I just have a banged up knee and a neurological disorder that makes my brain think I'm supposed to be in pain.  I'm capable of being on my feet for at least short periods.  The next couple days after the game up till my birthday are going to suck, but I'm used to that.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Good on you… have fun!  Hopefully they come through with a win for the home crowd.

I’ll be there too… last game of the season for me.

Probably last for me as well.  On Tuesday the Canadian government is putting Covid testing requirements back in play, even for short/day trips fully vaccinated.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, 1ManRaid said:

About private lots:

*edit*

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope you find an easy in/easy out option. Paying a little extra for convenience sounds like the way to got for me. I spent most of two years in high school on crutches, and it’s no picnic. I feel for you, hoping for the best! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Augie said:

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope you find an easy in/easy out option. Paying a little extra for convenience sounds like the way to got for me. I spent most of two years in high school on crutches, and it’s no picnic. I feel for you, hoping for the best! 

Thanks brotato. 

Still mulling over my options.  All of the lots have ADA shuttle pickups, but only lots 7 and 1 have a stop where they will also bring you back after the game.  Something about the shuttles not being allowed to cross the street after the game.  Problem is I promised to play tour guide for my friend to show him the famous Buffalo tailgating, the best of which is all across the road on the western lots.

You also reminded me of my university days, where for my "mature student" on-campus bachelor apartment they stuck me in the top floor of a 3 or 4 floor building with no elevator.  Had to abuse the poor grocery delivery woman to lug it all up for me for a while until the university finally fixed their error and got me a base floor apartment.  The roof of that top floor also had a leak leading to water coming in THROUGH MY CEILING LIGHT, which they were in no hurry to fix.  Fun times.

23 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The train horn just doesn't have the same affect from the  couch.

• Haha (+1) 1

Over the years I have been on crutches way too often but have only been to two Bills games on crutches.  Some recollections.....

- very tiring even when young and in shape.  Of course, we parked in our usual spot out on Rt 20 and sat in regular seats in the 300's.

- quite a few stumbles but no actual falls with crutches sliding out when slipping on trash (or ice) or being bumped by other fans

- can't carry much of anything when crutching so you need help

- hopped up the stairs on good leg....i was young   lol

- no place to put crutches in seating area resulting in disgusting sticky beer covered crutches   fun

- trips to the bathroom were typical effort times 3

- the standing fan thing is very much reality and one leg gets tired twice as fast

- on a good note, I had a final breakup fight with a girlfriend. She was 'furious' that I went to the seats after I finished in bathroom.  It took her a bit longer and she waited for me outside the mens room for about a quarter.  She thought I should have hopped back down to find her.  Since that was exhausting, I thought differently.  lol

Ah, thanks for the memories and best wishes for a better experience than I had.  Several fine tips given above.  Doubtless too that it will be a much better time if the Bills do their part.  Have fun!

Edited by Bob in Mich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.