Former Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo says he was kicked by Urban Meyer during warmups

Nextmanup

58 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's no chance that those guys would take that abuse without getting physical with a coach they already can't stand and have no respect for (and who is now fired for this and other behavior).  Who would support Meyer if they did?  No one on the roster or on that coaching staff. 

Link? 

They may have handled it differently but there is no way any of them would have gone Latrell Sprewell on him. Too much money at risk. I almost feel like you are projecting here.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For anyone saying Lambo’s in the wrong for bringing it up now, I guess he brought it up to help the people he did like in the organization in response to Meyer saying he was going to fire people. 

I could see Meyer being vindictive  knowing his time was coming to and end and taking people down with him. 

Looks like it worked as only Meyer was fired. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Link? 

They may have handled it differently but there is no way any of them would have gone Latrell Sprewell on him. Too much money at risk. I almost feel like you are projecting here.

Link to what?  A common sense conclusion?  Look up---I've projected it twice now.

The players and coaches hate the guy because he abuses them all, physically or verbally.  He's a new coach on thin ice from day one.  There is no downside for a player shoving back at this dead man walking.  

It should be obvious that if a story came out that Meyer kicked one of those dudes and they pushed back, Meyers would have been fired weeks ago (he was fired right after this story broke).

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Link to what?  A common sense conclusion?  Look up---I've projected it twice now.

The players and coaches hate the guy because he abuses them all, physically or verbally.  He's a new coach on thin ice from day one.  There is no downside for a player shoving back at this dead man walking.  

It should be obvious that if a story came out that Meyer kicked one of those dudes and they pushed back, Meyers would have been fired weeks ago (he was fired right after this story broke).

What type of film does your projector use anyway?

While it's wonderful to have delusions of grandeur that these players would go Attitude Era Stone Cold Steve Austin on Meyer...that's really not what would happen or DOES happen. You think this is an isolated case? Adorable. 

There are times on society that something happens and everyone learns a lesson. Latrell Sprewell was that lesson. When you have millions of dollars on the line there is no chance that a athelete is going to risk that by putting his hands on his coach (at 57 years of age) unless he is mentally unstable to begin with. Would be the most asinine way to kill your career. 

9 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

What type of film does your projector use anyway?

While it's wonderful to have delusions of grandeur that these players would go Attitude Era Stone Cold Steve Austin on Meyer...that's really not what would happen or DOES happen. You think this is an isolated case? Adorable. 

There are times on society that something happens and everyone learns a lesson. Latrell Sprewell was that lesson. When you have millions of dollars on the line there is no chance that a athelete is going to risk that by putting his hands on his coach (at 57 years of age) unless he is mentally unstable to begin with. Would be the most asinine way to kill your career. 

I said "push back", not pile drive him. 

Anyway, it  would have hastened Meyers's firing. No one would have sided with Meyers.  Not one person.   Kahn, like yesterday, would have sided with the player (who isn't even on the roster anymore).

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I said "push back", not pile drive him. 

Anyway, it  would have hastened Meyers's firing. No one would have sided with Meyers.  Not one person.   Kahn, like yesterday, would have sided with the player (who isn't even on the roster anymore).

I love how you speak in absolutes without knowing who would have done what. Again, the projection. 

I have spoken to everyone here and we all agree...you are a big tough guy that would "push back" on a guy nearly 3 times your age and in much worse shape. We are all very impressed and in awe of your uber masculine nature. John Wayne would be proud. 

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I love how you speak in absolutes without knowing who would have done what. Again, the projection. 

I have spoken to everyone here and we all agree...you are a big tough guy that would "push back" on a guy nearly 3 times your age and in much worse shape. We are all very impressed and in awe of your uber masculine nature. John Wayne would be proud. 

lol, nice!  How many people are in there with "No Place To Hide" one?

anyway, I'm not saying I would push the guy back.  I'm saying some of these guys would have.  I'm not sure why you are struggling with this.

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Link? 

Sprewell was the 1st person I thought of.  Why risk a suspension?  I remember thinking that Barry Switzer was very lucky when he was coaching the Cowboys and he called Troy Aikman gay that Switzer didn't get punched out.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol, nice!  How many people are in there with "No Place To Hide" one?

anyway, I'm not saying I would push the guy back.  I'm saying some of these guys would have.  I'm not sure why you are struggling with this.

Even a guy like Vontaze Burfict knows there is too much money on the table to act a fool for them to attack an older guy in a position over them. Him kicking a player was wrong and he was dealt with. Lambo (or anyone) would suffer repercussions as well if they struck back in any way. And they know this.

I'm not sure why you are struggling with this.

42 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Sprewell was the 1st person I thought of.  Why risk a suspension?  I remember thinking that Barry Switzer was very lucky when he was coaching the Cowboys and he called Troy Aikman gay that Switzer didn't get punched out.  

Sprewell choked his coach for a 10 count.  Then he went and showered, came back out again and punched his coach.  Before that, he fought another teammate and then came back with a 2 by 4 to menace him with.  

Sprewell is obviously an awful comparison to a guy taking exception to Meyers kicking him while stretching by getting up and pushing him a way. 

Ronnie Harrison pushed/punched an opposing team's coach during a game.  Zero games suspended.  12k fine (by the NFL, not the team).  

You think the team owner would have suspended a player who pushed Meyers off them?  Makes no sense.

17 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It was probably in his interest to keep quiet in case another team had an opening and wanted to bring him in.

Now that it's Week 15 and that doesn't look like happening, Yeah.

C'mon Man that's his boss.

That didn't stop Latrell Sprewell.

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sprewell choked his coach for a 10 count.  Then he went and showered, came back out again and punched his coach.  Before that, he fought another teammate and then came back with a 2 by 4 to menace him with.  

Sprewell is obviously an awful comparison to a guy taking exception to Meyers kicking him while stretching by getting up and pushing him a way. 

Ronnie Harrison pushed/punched an opposing team's coach during a game.  Zero games suspended.  12k fine (by the NFL, not the team).  

You think the team owner would have suspended a player who pushed Meyers off them?  Makes no sense.

Reading all this and making a mental note that about 80% of the league packs heat, it is perhaps a miracle we haven't had a mass shooting in an NFL locker room!

Maybe that's next.

• Haha (+1) 1

I remember when I was on my HS team.  I was starting QB for one season.  I complained to the coach that my teammate went head hunting in practice so what does coach do? Punches me in the chest.  Perfectly normal perfectly healthy.  

I never wanted to and never cared about playing for that POS again.. so I quit the team.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:39 PM, HappyDays said:

It's fun to laugh at Urban Meyer but he literally out-schemed Brian Daboll 6 weeks ago. And we are in danger of missing the playoffs entirely as a result.

As you say, it's fun to laugh at Meyer and he may be an asshat, but he is one of the winningest coaches in college football history so he isn't totally inept when it comes to coaching.

1 hour ago, vincec said:

As you say, it's fun to laugh at Meyer and he may be an asshat, but he is one of the winningest coaches in college football history so he isn't totally inept when it comes to coaching.

Well, Mussolini made the trains run on time, but not too many cried when he was strung up. 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.