Why the Bills wont make the playoffs.

jjmac

9 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

Nope.  AFC south and AFC west will have multiple teams in.  AFC North may have two in as well.  That loss to Pitts gonna hurt

Pitt likely going to lose-out. No worries there. 

We'll get in with 10-7 but we'll go 11-6

book it 

5 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

Nope.  AFC south and AFC west will have multiple teams in.  AFC North may have two in as well.  That loss to Pitts gonna hurt

Have you seen the schedule over the next 4 weeks?

LAC - Chiefs, Texans Broncos Raiders

IND - Pats, Cardinals, Raiders, Jags

CLE - Raiders, Packers, Steelers, Bengals

CIN - Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, Browns

DEN - Browns, Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs

All those team will devour each other while we play 2 NFC teams, Jets and Patriots.

The Bills should make the playoffs if they win 3 of their last 4 games.  Having said that...I think the SB winner is in the NFC this year.  I don't see any AFC team that is a cut above the top 3 teams in the NFC.  Having said that...week to week...I don't see any team that is a clear cut champion, and after today's game, the refs can definitely have a say so.  

18 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Have you seen the schedule over the next 4 weeks?

LAC - Chiefs, Texans Broncos Raiders

IND - Pats, Cardinals, Raiders, Jags

CLE - Raiders, Packers, Steelers, Bengals

CIN - Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, Browns

DEN - Browns, Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs

All those team will devour each other while we play 2 NFC teams, Jets and Patriots.

Thanks for posting that.

It doesn't seem conceivable that we could miss out, even w/ 7 losses.  

The Bills have 4 more games.  They have to use that 2nd half as fuel. Hopefully Allen is healthy - I think we still have a run in us.

3 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

They will still win the division if joshs ankle is fine i am going to put some doubloons on it tomorrow. We have been really unlucky and mismanaged in crunch time. Pats will lose to us and colts. Bills win out and get division

Help me understand how the Bills will beat the Patriots?  Very interested to hear that.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, chaccof said:

Help me understand how the Bills will beat the Patriots?  Very interested to hear that.  

They have no downfield passing game. We played them in a blizzard. Coaches played like cowards and hopefully are aware now. Josh is going god mode

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chaccof said:

I wouldn't guarantee it - but I like our chances in that game.

They won the game that was perfect for their style - barely.  Not that they can't pass the ball, but if the Bills take any kind of lead or it's a shootout, they should win a game like that.

If the Bills only win 3/4 playoffs get very dicey.

I just did a simulator of how I thought the games would go. Final standings were:

1. Tenn (13-4)

2. KC (13-4)

3. NE (12-5)

4. Cin (10-7)

5. LAC (11-6)

6. Indy (10-7)

7. Bal (10-7)

———————

8. Buf (10-7)

If LAC, Cin, and Indy go 3-1 to end the year and Bal goes 2-2, then we’re out.

It actually might be better for NE to beat Indy next week, because then Indy could lose vs Arizona the week after that and probably be out. I guess it depends on how much people care about a home playoff game.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The Bills should make the playoffs if they win 3 of their last 4 games.  Having said that...I think the SB winner is in the NFC this year.  I don't see any AFC team that is a cut above the top 3 teams in the NFC.  Having said that...week to week...I don't see any team that is a clear cut champion, and after today's game, the refs can definitely have a say so.  

I don’t care. We have a mediocre record but I still feel the Bills can beat any team in this league. In fact, I expect them to win. I did today, and I will continue to. The Bills get in and it’s a new season. Look out.

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If the Bills only win 3/4 playoffs get very dicey.

I just did a simulator of how I thought the games would go. Final standings were:

1. Tenn (13-4)

2. KC (13-4)

3. NE (12-5)

4. Cin (10-7)

5. LAC (11-6)

6. Indy (10-7)

7. Bal (10-7)

———————

8. Buf (10-7)

If LAC, Cin, and Indy go 3-1 to end the year and Bal goes 2-2, then we’re out.

Just curious, the Bengals have the following schedule: @Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, @Browns.

Can you tell me what 3 games you have them winning?

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I don’t care. We have a mediocre record but I still feel the Bills can beat any team in this league. In fact, I expect them to win. I did today, and I will continue to. The Bills get in and it’s a new season. Look out.

You know Beast...I was just thinking that if the Bills could play like they did in the second half the rest of the way...barring one-sided officiating, we could beat anyone.  It's their dang inconsistency that is so mind boggling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

How do people feel so confident still about just casually ripping off 3 or 4 wins to end the year? They haven’t won 2 games in a row since week 5. I really think we are out. 7-6 is inexcusable and this team is way to inconsistent to just assume stringing these wins. At this point, if we get in I will be thrilled but I’m pretty sure we aren’t getting in. Not making the playoffs in a season where you were the super bowl favorite is disgraceful 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.