Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Pregame thread

Chandler#81

“We need to be more consistent and it starts with me”

“It’s time to string some wins together”

“Winning isn’t easy”

-J. Allen

This weeks’ rollercoaster ride stops in Tampa, home of the World Champion Buccaneers and our old nemesis Tom Brady. (I, for one, haven’t missed him) In our previous 7 games, we’re L-W-L-W-L-W-L. For the season, we haven’t beaten a team yet with a winning record -Home or Away. Safe to say No One expected this! But here we are. Our 4 game win streak early still has us in contention for the playoffs and still an outside shot at #1 seed. So at least we’re not alone with our travails.

As for the Bucs, their title was no fluke and they’re better this year. But we have more than a punchers chance today to improve our positioning. For one thing, it’s Florida in December, so Mother Nature will finally let us play to our strengths. Our Offense (on a good day) is better than their Defense. They’re not a ferocious pash rush team and play Man coverage the majority of the time. Brady, though, is having an MVP campaign (again..🤦‍♂️) and their Offensive weapons are effective. Despite Jerry ‘Shi-ullivans’ embarrassing question, our Defense has been been consistently at or very near the top of the League standings & statistics all season. If our topsy-turvy season has proven anything, we bounce back quickly from losses and Knox, Edmunds, Bass & Morse should be extra motivated to play very well.

The Playoff metric says our chances of making the playoffs improve to 96% with a win today and drops to 56% with a loss. This, good weather and desperation SHOULD be all the motivation we need. It’s not a night game so get busy in the kitchen and crack open a beer!

Go Bills!

0CAF150F-7D5C-4CA0-99E4-1227A22C6DD0.jpeg

53285AE0-C114-4368-99FD-298E886ACC88.jpeg

9356DF42-4FA5-4A6C-AF9E-3DA9A9AA66A0.jpeg
(my favorite poster from my childhood)

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Good morning and happy game day, TBD!  It will be a fun day taking down the Bucs. I hope you have a great day. Get to church (the Bills definitely need your prayers), get some Christmas shopping done this afternoon, and then settle in for a wild early evening game and win!

GO BILLS!

On a more serious note about prayers, keep the people impacted by the Tornadoes on Friday evening in your prayers. Wow! Those pictures of Mayfield, KY, are heart breaking. And if you know a good charity or two that is providing direct help, please donate. .... While I know we all are passionate about our Bills, events like this are reminders that football is just a game.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Being somewhere on the latter end of middle of this, I just want to make sure I have this straight- We (Bills Fans) stay up half the night before a decent game in anticipation of a ***** amazing experience, with anxiety-inducing dreams of amazing exploits by the talents we know we have.  And We (Old-Ass Bills Fans) stay up All night knowing, 'we really got this'... too stupid to give up?

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

We have the number one ranked defense in the league.  

We have an offense that can drop 40 while without even looking like we're playing that well.

If we get up early, and get our swagger on, we can win this in a blowout. 

LET'S GO BUFFALO

LFG

Yet they are 1-4 against teams with winning records. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1