The Bills control their own destiny

Matt_In_NH

56 minutes ago, Governor said:

How would this team win 4 straight games when we’re awful at home? This team hasn’t played a complete game against a quality opponent at home since McD arrived. We’ve had a few good half’s, a few good quarters, that’s it.

Panthers, Falcons, and Jets are all awful.  Not even average or slightly below average.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Success said:

So many people have written the Bills off this week. After a loss like NE, I always tell myself I'm going to stay away from the internet & sports shows - I failed at that this week.  The Bills have basically been buried for the 2021 season.

Which would make a run right now VERY satisfying. They are capable of it. If they beat the Bucs, everything is back on the table.  

Things can change quickly in this league.

They won't, though.

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

4-1 with the loss to TB probably gets us in 99%+ of the time, but I don't think it's a mathematical guarantee. If Ravens, Titans, Chiefs, Patriots win their divisions and Bengals, Chargers, Colts win out then we'd be eliminated. I'm sure there's more fringe scenarios that would leave us eliminated given how many teams are 6-6 or better along with the Bills mediocre conference record.  

If the Colts win out, that means they must beat the Patriots. If the Bills lose to Tampa Bay but win out after that that means they also beat the Patriots. Therefore the Bills would win the division over the Pats because of their better division record.

If the Colts lose to the Pats, but the Bills go 4-1 with a win over the Pats, the Bills finish second in the East, but still are in the playoffs. 

If the Bills go 4-1, with the only loss being to the Bucs, they are in regardless of what anybody else does. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr. K said:

If the Colts win out, that means they must beat the Patriots. If the Bills lose to Tampa Bay but win out after that that means they also beat the Patriots. Therefore the Bills would win the division over the Pats because of their better division record.

If the Colts lose to the Pats, but the Bills go 4-1 with a win over the Pats, the Bills finish second in the East, but still are in the playoffs. 

If the Bills go 4-1, with the only loss being to the Bucs, they are in regardless of what anybody else does. 

I think we'll know pretty much everything by next Monday morning, so not long to wait.  If we play well today and win next week, that's a step in the right direction.  If Indy wins, another strep in the right direction and the future looks bright.  However, if NE goes to Indy and wins.... I think they win out.  The implications from that are what the NFL league office and media want, Tom vs Hoodie for all the marbles.  The media is already buzzing over the idea.

Edited by P Riv

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Panthers, Falcons, and Jets are all awful.  Not even average or slightly below average.

And we are better than New England!  Not a popular opinion here right now, but your average Bills fan doesn't appreciate what a mickey mouse outlier of a game that was.  You can't draw many conclusions from it.

3 20+ point wins and a close, tough win over NE and we are in the playoffs, even if we get KILLED by Tampa today.

All hope is not lost.

37 minutes ago, P Riv said:

I think we'll know pretty much everything by next Monday morning, so not long to wait.  If we play well today and win next week, that's a step in the right direction.  If Indy wins, another strep in the right direction and the future looks bright.  However, if NE goes to Indy and wins.... I think they win out.  The implications from that are what the NFL league office and media want, Tom vs Hoodie for all the marbles.  The media is already buzzing over the idea.

NE is not a juggernaut that will win 10 straight.

1 hour ago, Success said:

They may or may not.  They're good enough to.

I see no reason at to assume the worst.

Ironically, the only place the Bills have been buried is in WNY among their own fanbase...who should know them better than anyone else! 

If you look at what the national media and Vegas are saying...we are still a top favorite to go deep in the playoffs and most pundits have already dismissed the home NE game as "crazy" and a "one off".

So what is different about TBD or Bills fans in general?   BIAS.  They are the people who want the Bills to win THE MOST and therefore are the most DISAPPOINTED right now.

It darkens their mood and brings out doom and gloom predictions.

Follow the people who don't give a rat's ass who wins or loses!  What are THOSE people saying?

They are still BIG on the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I think going 3-2 will do it, but 4-1 is the sweet spot. A loss to Tampa mathematically wouldn't be the worst, but it could go a long way in psychologically ruining this team. A win against Brady would be huge and give much more confidence in somehow winning the rest of the schedule.

nah, most of the guys on this roster were in college or on other teams for the vast majority of games when Brady was shredding the Bills.   Fans remember, but players also play and think week to week.  Besides, they are not playing Brady, they are largely playing the TB defense.   Brady will get his points.. Bills O will need to outscore them today IMO.   And I believe they will.   

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

And we are better than New England!  Not a popular opinion here right now, but your average Bills fan doesn't appreciate what a mickey mouse outlier of a game that was.  You can't draw many conclusions from it.

3 20+ point wins and a close, tough win over NE and we are in the playoffs, even if we get KILLED by Tampa today.

All hope is not lost.

we’re better at the most important position - QB.  They have better trench play and coaching than us, however.

• Agree 1

If the Bills go 3-2 they are still highly likely to make the playoffs. 10 wins is going to make the playoffs in the AFC.  If they lose to Tampa and even New England they are likely the 7 or even the 6 seed in the AFC. 

The NYT has an 89% chance of making playoffs with loses to Tampa and New England if they win the other three games.

If they don't get in at 10-7 they can blame the loss to JAX.

Edited by Evian

22 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

NY Times says they have a 100% chance to make playoffs even with a LOSS to TAMPA, but then 4 wins thereafter.

This team will not win four in a row. I don't believe they will go 3-0 against their "weaker" opponents.

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

nah, most of the guys on this roster were in college or on other teams for the vast majority of games when Brady was shredding the Bills.   Fans remember, but players also play and think week to week.  Besides, they are not playing Brady, they are largely playing the TB defense.   Brady will get his points.. Bills O will need to outscore them today IMO.   And I believe they will.   

Not just because Brady beat the Bills all those years. You're right most players weren't around, but Brady is well known as the best QB there is and leading the NFL in TD passes. If Bills can shut him down somewhat it will go a long way in their confidence to beat winning teams. If it comes down to the wire, even better. They need to win a close one for once.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Not sure who has more control, the Bills.  Or the Refs.  This is just ridiculous 

Absolute joke of a non call on Diggs there. 

That was a huge 2nd half spark for our team on both sides of the ball. I hope they carry that over to a 4 game win streak. If we play like that 2nd half the entire way out, sky is the limit. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.