The main reason we are a 7-5 team and not a 10-2 one at this time.

Italian Bills

3 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Every aspect you bros have mentioned is correct. Bad rush defense, bad OL, very bad backs and running game, Daboll, Frazier… and some of you said McDermott too. 
We had great expectations at the beginning of the season.. media thought we were one of the SB favorite .. great offense with a MVP caliber QB, great receivers, great defense over all. 
Ok, we knew we were lacking at backs position.. but maybe not that bad.. and anyway we had Josh Allen, our MVP caliber QB. I always thought that in order to become a SB contender, everything start with the QB position and honestly i still think we have one of the top 5. Maybe top 3. 

But, but, but … to me, the main problem to this team is the lack of BALLS and GRITTY ATTITUDE. And i didn’t start thinking like that right after the MNF loss, i always had this feeling about this team. 
We could compete against every team… we have the talent to be a 10-2 team at this moment, a 9-3 at worst, but we are 7-5 because we lost some game because our softness.

And this is not something you can fix… or you have it, or you don’t, i mean the mental strength to play every game and every snap like if it was the last one, a snap that can win or lose a game. 
The best teams in every sports have always few players, leaders by example, that drag the rest of the team.. and this beside the talent. 

Of course many of you won’t agree with me, i totally respect that, but this is my personal point. 

It's so irritating because they HAD that last year.

It comes down to four games 

Steelers had a chance to win at the end and didn’t 

jags

same thing 

Titans 

same thing 

pats

rinse repeat 

Last year our offense took the ball and won those game at the end. This year I can’t recall one time where we have. KC but really we just closed that game out. 

This is going to probably be a super unpopular opinion but I think losing Lee Smith has hurt the offense and locker room.

I am not saying he is only difference between 10-2 and 7-5, but him being TE #2 I think would have helped our run game, our red zone offense, and like I said locker room. He is a gritty guy. I think if he is on the team, the Bills probably would at least be 8-4. (His blocking helps create a few more yards running, during a drive) (Maybe instead of a run on first & goal its a PA easy flip to Lee Smith, he bobbles it a little 😉, but still catches it TD!) 

EDIT: Our passing game too (thinking more along the lines of pass blocking though)

Edited by letsgoteam
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Every aspect you bros have mentioned is correct. Bad rush defense, bad OL, very bad backs and running game, Daboll, Frazier… and some of you said McDermott too. 
We had great expectations at the beginning of the season.. media thought we were one of the SB favorite .. great offense with a MVP caliber QB, great receivers, great defense over all. 
Ok, we knew we were lacking at backs position.. but maybe not that bad.. and anyway we had Josh Allen, our MVP caliber QB. I always thought that in order to become a SB contender, everything start with the QB position and honestly i still think we have one of the top 5. Maybe top 3. 

But, but, but … to me, the main problem to this team is the lack of BALLS and GRITTY ATTITUDE. And i didn’t start thinking like that right after the MNF loss, i always had this feeling about this team. 
We could compete against every team… we have the talent to be a 10-2 team at this moment, a 9-3 at worst, but we are 7-5 because we lost some game because our softness.

And this is not something you can fix… or you have it, or you don’t, i mean the mental strength to play every game and every snap like if it was the last one, a snap that can win or lose a game. 
The best teams in every sports have always few players, leaders by example, that drag the rest of the team.. and this beside the talent. 

Of course many of you won’t agree with me, i totally respect that, but this is my personal point. 

We’re in this position Bc the nfl is clearly scripted and McDermott is ABSOLUTELY in the little club. His ridiculous game time decisions at the worst times that he repeats over and over again are how he helps fulfill the scripts. I know you all don’t want to hear it, but how many times do you need to see a supposed nfl level head coach make decisions none of us dumb armchair quarterbacks would make to realize they’re doing it on purpose. Just like the refs. ‘They’re just stupid’ ‘bad at their jobs’ oh yeah I’m sure. That’s how they got into these incredibly limited insanely high paying positions. Because they’re dumb and incompetent.

You guys ignore basic logic and intuition because the programming is so strong. A perfect example is the McDermott Challenge. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US knew the result would be a lost timeout. There was no clear view whatsoever of Jones and the ball. So again, McDermott made that decision with also apparently having a team that advises him on this upstairs. Look in the mirror and ask yourself: does that make sense? Just like the not accepted penalty in the jags game that kept them in field goal range. And on and on.

That lost timeout was critical, which we all knew it would be, which is why McDermott intentionally challenged it. 

Keep lying to yourselves and getting your hearts ripped out every week. This roster is damn good, and intentional decisions and ‘mistakes’ and clearly steered reffing are why we are 7-5 and not 10-2. 

Daboll is almost guaranteed to be in the club as well. That’s why his baffling calls are making many of you lose your hair weekly. He goes from genius to absurdly obvious constantly and at the worst moments. If you can’t tell it’s intentional idk what to tell you. 

Im not sure why it angers and scares so many of you so much to at least consider the nfl isn’t legitimate sport but in fact scripted entertainment. It triggers such vociferous responses I can only laugh. Separate your personal identity from all this and dispassionately view the nfl from a 30,000 foot view. You might be surprised what you see. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

So McDermott and Daboll are part of an evil, NFL run cabal designed to...make Buffalo lose? 

And they are down with it?

What would their motivation be?  

And then when they go to work for 18 hour days, 7 days a week, it's all just a show?

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

there were a few plays open each game …

Pittsburgh….  

— block punt TD

— there were a few good drive starts/ drive stalls just outside of FG range. A play or two they get scores.

Tennessee

— Penalty on TD run

— penalty on KO return

— last 2nd quarter turnover gi Ed TEN 7 points

New England

— missed FG 

—- settling for FG instead of TD

Jacksonville

— 3 turnovers by buffalo one gives JAX a FG and two kill scoring drives

. Team attitude is different if down 1 score in 3rd vs being down 3 scores mid 3rd.

Indianapolis

—McKenzie fumble TD

— if he doesn’t fumble they get ball and drive for a FG for 17-20 and get2nd half kick off. Game changes.

How does this have anything to do with your argument—Nothing.

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So McDermott and Daboll are part of an evil, NFL run cabal designed to...make Buffalo lose? 

And they are down with it?

What would their motivation be?  

And then when they go to work for 18 hour days, 7 days a week, it's all just a show?

Lol what a childish response to what I said. The hyperbole. Why can’t you view this in an adult manner and not resort to your programming. Nice strawman argument btw—I never said it’s designed to make the Bills specifically lose hahaha. It’s WWE. Wake up. That’s what it is. Again, John Cena’s opening monologue at the ESPYs. This is them telling you what is going on and you won’t hear it. It’s their way of mocking the gullible public. 

what would their motivation be? Hmmm, spotlight, huge money, people like you who worship them…do you need more?

Just take a deep breath and just consider something alternative for a second. What is the harm? Just try it. 

how many players do you need to have tell you it’s scripted and rigged? Plenty have and it’s obviously hushed up quickly. 

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Our DL/OL are weak. Fix those 2 areas and we'll bounce back next year. But yes we are soft and it will be up to Clappy to fix that.

Even despite this multiple games were essentially thrown imo because of inexplicable decisions made by McDermott and Daboll alone.

7 hours ago, goldenboy81 said:

I can't remember a Bills team that was mentally and physically tough.

Everytime they play a team like that,they get pushed around like chumps.

Like they did against Steelers and Ravens last season, right?

3 minutes ago, Beast said:
7 hours ago, goldenboy81 said:

Like they did against Steelers and Ravens last season, right?

I don't understand how someone watches a football game or games and concludes the team isn't "mentally and physically tough" enough.

How in the world would an outsider to the team make that conclusion?  What are you basing it on?

We were in the red zone a lot on MNF, near the end, and just couldn't score a TD.  We were maybe 1 or 2 passes away from winning the game.

But the team (all of them?) isn't mentally tough enough? That's the problem?

👎

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't understand how someone watches a football game or games and concludes the team isn't "mentally and physically tough" enough.

How in the world would an outsider to the team make that conclusion?  What are you basing it on?

We were in the red zone a lot on MNF, near the end, and just couldn't score a TD.  We were maybe 1 or 2 passes away from winning the game.

👎

My friend… this is just my opinion, never said it’s the holy truth or the only problem this team have. I just don’t see that “fire” in our guys during the games, not only on last MNF. 

I did agree with many points people wrote down here, but i still have the feeling that with more toughnesses we could avoid at least a couple of loss, Jags for sure and maybe Indy, with those two wins we would be 9-3. But again, just my opinion. 

8 hours ago, goldenboy81 said:

Hate to agree, but even the Super Bowl teams were pushed around by obviously the Redskins, Giants and Cowboys …. Even the Greg Lloyd led Steelers gave them fits. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Italian Bills said:

My friend… this is just my opinion, never said it’s the holy truth or the only problem this team have. I just don’t see that “fire” in our guys during the games, not only on last MNF. 

I did agree with many points people wrote down here, but i still have the feeling that with more toughnesses we could avoid at least a couple of loss, Jags for sure and maybe Indy, with those two wins we would be 9-3. But again, just my opinion. 

Non volevo offendere, amico!

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Non volevo offendere, amico!

You did not at all. Like i said, all the points are valid, mine is the mental aspect first. And maybe everything start with the HC: honestly, with BB and not MCD, what would be our record ? The same ? Worst or better ? I think we have a very good talent team with a couple of weak points, OL and backs, but what team doesn’t have weak points ? It’s up to the coaches to find a way to minimize them .. and one way is the attitude on the field. Sometimes, you can get more from a player than what he really has in talent, just because the level of effort the HC can obtain from him, made him reach better performances.

Edited by Italian Bills

3 hours ago, BassToMouth said:

We’re in this position Bc the nfl is clearly scripted and McDermott is ABSOLUTELY in the little club. His ridiculous game time decisions at the worst times that he repeats over and over again are how he helps fulfill the scripts. I know you all don’t want to hear it, but how many times do you need to see a supposed nfl level head coach make decisions none of us dumb armchair quarterbacks would make to realize they’re doing it on purpose. Just like the refs. ‘They’re just stupid’ ‘bad at their jobs’ oh yeah I’m sure. That’s how they got into these incredibly limited insanely high paying positions. Because they’re dumb and incompetent.

You guys ignore basic logic and intuition because the programming is so strong. A perfect example is the McDermott Challenge. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US knew the result would be a lost timeout. There was no clear view whatsoever of Jones and the ball. So again, McDermott made that decision with also apparently having a team that advises him on this upstairs. Look in the mirror and ask yourself: does that make sense? Just like the not accepted penalty in the jags game that kept them in field goal range. And on and on.

That lost timeout was critical, which we all knew it would be, which is why McDermott intentionally challenged it. 

Keep lying to yourselves and getting your hearts ripped out every week. This roster is damn good, and intentional decisions and ‘mistakes’ and clearly steered reffing are why we are 7-5 and not 10-2. 

Daboll is almost guaranteed to be in the club as well. That’s why his baffling calls are making many of you lose your hair weekly. He goes from genius to absurdly obvious constantly and at the worst moments. If you can’t tell it’s intentional idk what to tell you. 

Im not sure why it angers and scares so many of you so much to at least consider the nfl isn’t legitimate sport but in fact scripted entertainment. It triggers such vociferous responses I can only laugh. Separate your personal identity from all this and dispassionately view the nfl from a 30,000 foot view. You might be surprised what you see. 

Are Diggs and Bass in the club?  Is Knox in the club?  Obviously Breida is in the club.  

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We're not losing because we're "soft". 

We're losing because we shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid drive killing penalties and errors of execution - dropped passes and fumbles and sacks are the most visible errors of execution, but there are less-visible, similar errors of technique on defense.

THAT is the dictionary definition of the other side of the paradigm. When you aren’t hard and disciplined, you do stupid, stupid things! Enough to kill drives, turn over drives and kill games into Losses!

The great teams don’t do this or if so- rarely! Go back and look at Peyton Manning’s Colts in their heyday. He had that O Line in the No Huddle and lined up for 30 seconds- like statues! The Bills this year have made multiple boneheaded moves in every loss!

And Doughball & McD are intricately involved in some substandard decision making- ALL in evidence on Monday Night! This was the obvious game to never kick FGs or Converts, but McD couldn’t fathom that.

He got schooled by Billy. And Dumball with the NO designed Running Plays for Allen?

Preposterously stupid and soft!

39 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

THAT is the dictionary definition of the other side of the paradigm. When you aren’t hard and disciplined, you do stupid, stupid things! Enough to kill drives, turn over drives and kill games into Losses!

The great teams don’t do this or if so- rarely! Go back and look at Peyton Manning’s Colts in their heyday. He had that O Line in the No Huddle and lined up for 30 seconds- like statues! The Bills this year have made multiple boneheaded moves in every loss!

And Doughball & McD are intricately involved in some substandard decision making- ALL in evidence on Monday Night! This was the obvious game to never kick FGs or Converts, but McD couldn’t fathom that.

He got schooled by Billy. And Dumball with the NO designed Running Plays for Allen?

Preposterously stupid and soft!

I see that "soft" is gonna be one of those terms like "franchise QB" that turn out to mean whatever the author wants them to mean.

To most of us, "hard" is not a synonym for disciplined, and "soft" is not a synonym for "undisciplined".

A team can be disciplined and crisp in their play - routes, coverage etc - but yet play "soft" in that they give the opposing offense a cushion and don't get push off the LOS on offense or make receiving plays against "sticky" coverage on.

A team can be undisciplined and sloppy in their play - sloppy in their routes, don't get their toes down, lots of penalties - etc etc - and yet be a hard, physical team that moves the DL around in space, stuffs the opponents OL, hits hard, and so forth.

Not to break into your rant with some facts, but if it weren't a game to kick field goals, the Pats would have won it 8 to 7 instead of 14 to 10, since they kicked two field goals and we kicked one.  So perhaps the reason McDermott couldn't fathom "This was the obvious game to never kick FGs or Converts" was because it wasn't true.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

👎

You seem like a crabby guy on the board.

Mentally tough lets see, maybe flags is my example. 

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

👎

You seem like a crabby guy so I'll keep it short.

Mentally tough. Have you not seen the flags this team gets?

Knox will be my example from the other night since you brought that game in. That was not mentally tough.

Just block me there's plenty of people you can bring the negative energy to. ty

• Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

You seem like a crabby guy on the board.

Mentally tough lets see, maybe flags is my example

You seem like a crabby guy so I'll keep it short.

Mentally tough. Have you not seen the flags this team gets?

Knox will be my example from the other night since you brought that game in. That was not mentally tough.

Just block me there's plenty of people you can bring the negative energy to. ty

Since you brought up penalties, did you notice we had a relatively low 3 penalties for 20 yards, while New England had 6 for 47?

I guess they are really not mentally tough!  But wait, they won! 

I would ask how that fits into your scheme of things, but you don't have one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.