Time to Question the toughness of this team?

wppete

After watching this team play today on both sides of the ball it’s fair to question how tough this team really is. Offensive line was very soft and the defense overall looked like a soft Big 12 defense vs Alabama. We need major changes and we need to toughen this team upX major overhaul. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

Today brought you to this conclusion? Not either of the Tennessee games in the last two years, or the Colts curb stomping, or opening day or even the Jacksonville game where the Bills basically threw their helmets on the field and expected to win?

This team is soft, it has been soft, and it will continue to be soft.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

This team hasn’t been tough all season. Everyone was pumping up this game because it was our last chance to prove we were. We aren’t.

We are playoff team. A wild card team. And that’s as good as we are. We are for sure going to be a first round exit if we even make it at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Today brought you to this conclusion? Not either of the Tennessee games in the last two years, or the Colts curb stomping, or opening day or even the Jacksonville game where the Bills basically threw their helmets on the field and expected to win?

This team is soft, it has been soft, and it will continue to be soft.

I agree. I was just holding on for hope but after today there is no way to argue this. This team is soft and really embarrassing. 

This team is absolutely soft and not just on the lines. We seem mentally weak.

• We miss tackles at the second level and are absolute dogcrap up front on Offense. 
  • Josh seems to have lost his clutch gene, he keeps coming up short in big moments.
  • Feels like when things aren't going our way the offense just folds. 
  • Too many big run plays killing us on D and they haven't fixed this at all.

Our coaches are weak as well

• Daboll has lost the ability to call a game.
  • McDermott might have some of the worst game management in the league and tonight he called a cowardly game.
    • We never should have kicked that field goal and we should have gone for it rather than punting the possession prior.
    • Why challenge the QB sneak when it was obvious there was NO camera angle that could even ID the QB? 
Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yeah the team is soft… 

Every year since MCD got here there have been games where they get absolutely embarrassed…

We have also made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. How dare this team have bad games!!! I dont know if you noticed but the pats didnt play that well either, they basically had one explosive play. Their D barely outshined ours. Thats it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cDAVIS said:

We have also made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. How dare this team have bad games!!! I dont know if you noticed but the pats didnt play that well either, they basically had one explosive play. Their D barely outshined ours. Thats it.

I noticed the Pats won the game..at our house !

I noticed they ran the ball all game and the Bills struggled to stop them…

It still just seems to me that we always get called for something in the red zone against the Pats and the Pats don't. Like how was that not a hold on Levi Wallace during the two point conversion. I'll admit that I need to watch it again but I thought the Dawson Knox false start was a little generous.

17 minutes ago, wppete said:

After watching this team play today on both sides of the ball it’s fair to question how tough this team really is. Offensive line was very soft and the defense overall looked like a soft Big 12 defense vs Alabama. We need major changes and we need to toughen this team upX major overhaul. 

I mean, you're not wrong or alone in the opinion that the Bills D is soft at times.  When I added it up before the end of the game, we'd given up >200 yds rushing.

But when you come right down to it, we allowed 11 points against a top offense in a close game.

The game came down to a couple of key plays: a missed 33 yd FG that took away the chance for a 2nd FG to win on the final drive; a stupid fumble charged to Josh Allen but 100% on Breida IMO (and Peyton Manning's opinion) are the biggest IMHO.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The game came down to a couple of key plays: a missed 33 yd FG that took away the chance for a 2nd FG to win on the final drive; a stupid fumble charged to Josh Allen but 100% on Breida IMO (and Peyton Manning's opinion) are the biggest IMHO.

All this and Harris long TD run. Play that right and it's a different game. Bass missed FG hurt a f'k ton.

1 minute ago, ProcessAccepted said:

It still just seems to me that we always get called for something in the red zone against the Pats and the Pats don't. Like how was that not a hold on Levi Wallace during the two point conversion. I'll admit that I need to watch it again but I thought the Dawson Knox false start was a little generous.

I thought it was reasonably fair on the officiating.  I can't argue with your assessment, but we had it in our power to win and it was our own mistakes or failures of execution that cost us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, you're not wrong or alone in the opinion that the Bills D is soft at times.

But when you come right down to it, we allowed 11 points against a top offense in a close game.

I understand what you are saying. But Mac Jones I think threw the ball 5 times all game and we got our ass haded to ourselves. We got beat down, that’s why I say we are soft. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.