Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

Cute (by the way I have all mentions blocked, so it's not about tagging me...I don't get an alert when it happens). Still don't care. If his comment is worth responding to, it will get responses. So far he's posted the exact same thing twice. The second time he tagged 10 people. It's immature. Feel free to encourage him. 

Quote a collection of Russian supporters. Syria, Eritrea, North Korea, BElarus.

I see very little coverage of the fact that today's peace talks were postponed. That's terrible news. I suspect Russia wants to bomb the cities more and try to build leverage. 

Thats what Nixon did with his savage Christmas bombing campaign. But it worked for him, not sure it will now. 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Looks like Putin losing the Oligarchs. Roman doesn't want to end up being tried for war crimes

Hmmm...believe it when I see it. But it shows they see the writing on the wall. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Interesting tweet thread:

Neat thread.  Russian nationalists think they are invincible, that nothing actually bad will happen, and this is the start of a new golden age.

When someone takes a rosy view of a situation, that's alright.  When their view of a complex issue is "my side will get everything it wants and win forever"...yeah. 

Russia thought the exact same thing when it entered WWI.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Thats what Nixon did with his savage Christmas bombing campaign. But it worked for him, not sure it will now. 

Hmmm...believe it when I see it. But it shows they see the writing on the wall. 

Hey Tibs.

I see you didn't respond to my challenge.

No surprise there.

Just for your edification, if you want to know why people with knowledge of these type of things are surprised at your suggestions regarding a no fly zone, you can be educated here:

The guy on the left is an F-14 RIO, (back seater), and accomplished author.

The guy on the right is from the same background as me, A7's to F-18's.

Both did the entire career thing.

They kind of know what they're talking about.

19 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Hey Tibs.

I see you didn't respond to my challenge.

No surprise there.

Just for your edification, if you want to know why people with knowledge of these type of things are surprised at your suggestions regarding a no fly zone, you can be educated here:

The guy on the left is an F-14 RIO, (back seater), and accomplished author.

The guy on the right is from the same background as me, A7's to F-18's.

Both did the entire career thing.

They kind of know what they're talking about.

Yes, you respond to my posts consistently. Me about yours, not so much. I am under no obligation to react to you 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, you respond to my posts consistently. Me about yours, not so much. I am under no obligation to react to you 

So not willing to put up money to back up your claim?

An admission of no confidence?

Got it.

10 hours ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

This wasn't you? Based on this post I thought you would have an opinion on the situation?

It was strongly worded.

I will try to include others since you do not care to back up your opinions.

let me quote DC TOM 

you’re an idiot 

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’re led to believe that these Russian soldiers are 18-19 year old conscripts that had no idea what they were sent to do…

Not ideal..

Isn’t this bad for Ukraine though? They really want the soldiers from an army that outnumbers them ten to one fighting HARDER? 

8 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Isn’t this bad for Ukraine though? They really want the soldiers from an army that outnumbers them ten to one fighting HARDER? 

No, to not fight at all.

13 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Its bad for everyone.   I have no idea why they’d make this statement.  

A) It’s a war crime

B) It will be used by military leaders, for sure, to convince the hesitant soldiers that they better fight 

C) I’m sure, like the Azov Battalion/Nat Guard tweet.. it’s plastered all over Russian media for the citizens to see

Edited by SCBills

I'm about a 6 hour drive from Ukraine now, getting most of my news from Polish sources.   This may be common knowledge but man Putin has got to be embarrassed.  Young soldiers who were told they were going on an exercise, running out of fuel, having to steal food because their MREs are too old.  Heard today some Russian soldiers may be damaging their own gear to not fight.

40 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’re led to believe that these Russian soldiers are 18-19 year old conscripts that had no idea what they were sent to do…

Not ideal..

Doesn't make sense. Russian soldiers should be encouraged to surrendered and welcomed with open arms. 

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I'm about a 6 hour drive from Ukraine now, getting most of my news from Polish sources.   This may be common knowledge but man Putin has got to be embarrassed.  Young soldiers who were told they were going on an exercise, running out of fuel, having to steal food because their MREs are too old.  Heard today some Russian soldiers may be damaging their own gear to not fight.

Hope that's right!