So long to Jake Fromm State Farm!

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, delirious said:

1. Idk because I like Davis Webb.

2. When the media took videos of training camp practices, it was always Allen and Webb having fun racing and joking around.

3. Jake Fromm has a noodle arm, and so does Webb, but I think Davis Webb is smarter (from reports by media in the past)

4. Fromm is JAG and a waste of a 5th round pick that could have been utilized elsewhere imo so I naturally don't like that.

As to #3, how realistic is it that a 5th round pick would’ve made an impact. It’s possible but despite Fromm not working out, I can’t fault Beane for trying to find a diamond in the rough and/or following their draft board 

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

As to #3, how realistic is it that a 5th round pick would’ve made an impact. It’s possible but despite Fromm not working out, I can’t fault Beane for trying to find a diamond in the rough and/or following their draft board 

Sure. Just my opinion. I was sold on Josh, so the thought of potentially getting another Milano type or a good 5th rounder in general (someone who actually gets playing time) vs someone that's gonna be sitting behind josh not getting playing time

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I've heard several commentators talk about how this coaching staff tries to develop every player on the roster down to the practice squad guys, and note that that specifically didn't happen with past administrations.  I see it on the field too.  If Fromm didn't work out, it's not because the Bills didn't try to develop him.  It also doesn't mean they were going to hand him the job, he had to beat out his competition like everyone else on the roster, and he didn't.

Fair enough. I let my own bias come into my statement. Having watched Fromm play his entire college career, I had hopes that maybe Beane knew better than me. Fromm just is extremely limited. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 minutes ago, delirious said:

Sure. Just my opinion. I was sold on Josh, so the thought of potentially getting another Milano type or a good 5th rounder in general (someone who actually gets playing time) vs someone that's gonna be sitting behind josh not getting playing time

Milano was an amazing pick up in the 5th. That’s was a really good draft and despite his short comings Whaley was a great gauge of talent 

19 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

What is there to like about Davis Webb?  I never want to see him take the field in a Bills uniform.

Jake Fromm had an excellent college career.  Never understood the crap many Bills fans gave him.  And if I am a Giants fan I sure as hell hope Jake Fromm has more game then Daniel Jones has.  Because Jones' performance last Monday nite against the Bucs was atrocious.  

Davis is an integral cog into what is the web of the Bills QB room. 

fromm ran some drills and the 4th string offense lol
 good Kid

But Bills can do better.

and agreed. A player who better matches Josh and Daboll's play calling would be wise

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Very questionable and shortsighted career move by Fromm.

I think if you wanna be a career backup, you have to take every possible chance to act like you wanna start.  Even if you dont. 

If he turned down NYG in this situation, it woulda called his heart and self-confidence into question. 

And presuming he "turned down" a better offer from the Bills.  Which is not likely to have been made.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Very questionable and shortsighted career move by Fromm. He had a good chance to be the long-term primary backup for a winning organization starting next year. Puzzling as I'm not sure how this helps him except for very short-term financial gain. Now, he goes to a very unstable situation, likely facing offseason upheaval.

Nope. The reason players do this is because it's nearly always the right move.

And who says he'd have been the long term backup here. Pure guesswork. Go with the team that wants you more.

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I guess one thing you can give Beane credit for is the hype around some of his late round picks given how many of them have been poached by other teams the last few months.

Would be pretty wild to see Fromm starting games for the Giants by the end of the year.

I don't hype the guy picking up the toilet  left at the curb so, no...

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

What is there to like about Davis Webb?  I never want to see him take the field in a Bills uniform.

Jake Fromm had an excellent college career.  Never understood the crap many Bills fans gave him.  And if I am a Giants fan I sure as hell hope Jake Fromm has more game then Daniel Jones has.  Because Jones' performance last Monday nite against the Bucs was atrocious.  

Daniel Jones' bad performance might've had something to do with the fact it's mostly Cody Fords and Bobby Harts in front of him.

I think he's got a chance to be pretty good.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Once a player is in NFL , what they did in college is irrelevant.  Lots of players with excellent college careers never make the jump to the next level.  I see the fascination with Fromm as similar to that for Brian Brohm .  

• Thank you (+1) 1

To the Bills management team, the coaches, the players and to the fans:

My time as Buffalo Bill is now over and I want to say what an incredible life altering experience this has been for me. I have grown so much as a person and a player. 

First and foremost, I want to thank Mr Beane for drafting me and coach McDermott for believing in me. Mr Beane must have believed in me to spend a 5th round pick on me.

I will forever miss the friendships that I have made with my fellow teammates. 

This was not an easy decision for me but after discussing with my wife we both felt this was in the best interest for both of us.

I'm not one for long goodbyes but please know I will treasure this experience for the rest of my life.

I just want to say one last thing. God Bless America and may God bless the the Buffalo Bills !

Thank you again ! Good luck and good night !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Once a player is in NFL , what they did in college is irrelevant.  Lots of players with excellent college careers never make the jump to the next level.  I see the fascination with Fromm as similar to that for Brian Brohm .  

Or the QB coach and CF National Champion Ken Dorsey 

4 hours ago, QCity said:

Maybe he doesn't see himself as a career backup?

Right.  These guys want to be starters, and they want a shot.  If they fail, they'll deal with it, but they want a shot.  Fromm hasn't had a shot and he's not going to get one in Buffalo.

Heck, he watches MNF and hears the announcers say that the WFT is considering Heinicke as a potential long-term starter and thinks to himself, "I'm better than that guy."  He watches Tennessee and thinks, "I could start there."   He watches Tua and thinks the same thing.   

Makes sense that he'd want at least a chance to get on the field and run a team.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Right.  These guys want to be starters, and they want a shot.  If they fail, they'll deal with it, but they want a shot.  Fromm hasn't had a shot and he's not going to get one in Buffalo.

Heck, he watches MNF and hears the announcers say that the WFT is considering Heinicke as a potential long-term starter and thinks to himself, "I'm better than that guy."  He watches Tennessee and thinks, "I could start there."   He watches Tua and thinks the same thing.   

Makes sense that he'd want at least a chance to get on the field and run a team.  

Exactly my point. These guys are competitors - they don't want to be old and gray telling their grandchildren "Well no, I never did make it onto an NFL field, but I made some good money holding a clipboard." It's a lot better to get your shot and fail, rather than never get your shot.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

What is there to like about Davis Webb? 

Davis Webb is 26 and was highly regarded enough to go in the 3rd round in 2017. Jake Fromm is 23, but lasted until the 5th round. Neither has done anything of note in the NFL. I don't see any reason why anyone would expect Fromm to be better than Webb. I do know that the Bills coaching staff has watched both, and that they saw no reason to try to protect Fromm.

In other words, there's just nothing to see here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.