No more Tre, so what’s up now ? Nothing, some Team has bigger problems.

Italian Bills

Ok, all of us agree that losing Tre for the season is devastating for our “possible” chances to get the job done this year… well, i don’t see it. 

I’m still sure that, even if Tre is an outstanding player, we could afford his absence. It wouldn’t be like this if it was Josh and not Tre to be out for the season. We will find a way to replace Tre or we’ll find a way to make some little change at our defensive game plan… maybe using more double team against the best opposite WRs… or maybe switching more often from man to man to a zone coverage… 

Losing Josh would have been unfixable. So be calm, everything will be ok, if we find a way to play a better football both side, offense and defense, because lately we weren’t so good. 

Some team suffered worse injuries or general losses, ask the Titans with Henry, ask the Texans with Watson.. or what it could be if Indy would lose Taylor, or Baltimore with Jackson, or Green Bay losing Rodgers. 

Of course losing Tre for the season is a bad bad thing, but we can survive it if starting playing better over all. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I know everyone is trying to paint an optimistic picture here and that's fine. But this is a devastating loss.  We have a very good defense overall, but Tre was special and you can't replace that. This is hugely significant.

It’s a big loss but devastating?  We’ll see.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I know everyone is trying to paint an optimistic picture here and that's fine. But this is a devastating loss.  We have a very good defense overall, but Tre was special and you can't replace that. This is hugely significant.

Of course it is!  And there is NOTHING good about it.

These rationalization threads are foolish.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

The biggest thing w/ losing Tre - how many more points will opposing teams score?  How many more passes will they complete?

Tre wasn't the top player on a middlin' defense.  Tre was the top player on a D of great and good players, and the secondary in particular has one of the best safety tandems in the league.

Like the OP said, it's just not going to be night & day back there without him, as good as he is. We'll still have a top pass defense.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

It’s a big loss but devastating?  We’ll see.

If we were able to sack the QB regularly, I think we could make this less devastating, but these new guys will be expected to do some heavy duty coverage because we can't sack the QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Who was around for our 1st SB?

The Giants lost PHIL SIMMS late in the season.

Bad memory, but happens all of the time in sports.  If anyone listens to Bill Simmons (not recommended), he calls it the "Ewing Theory," based on a season where the Knicks lost Ewing and actually seemed to play better.

• Like (+1) 1

My hope and prayer is that the rest of the team as a whole uses this terrible news to dig a little deeper,  take it just that much more serious, have each player have that extra sense of urgency, especially every player on offence, play a little beyond what they think their best is.

As bad as this news is (Prayers for your healing Tre, the team could use this as a catalyst for greatness.

Win it FOR TRE!!  lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.