Antonio Brown used fake vaccine card to avoid NFL Covid Protocols (update - suspended 3 games by NFL)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

The NFL is going to try and sweep this under the rug.  Who knows how many stars have gotten fake cards.  If they probe this they would either have to suspend a lot of stars or it will look like they DGAF.  Either way is bad for them.  I expect nothing out of it unless the media uncovers it and pushes the issue.

Do you really think it's that many guys?

I could be hella naive, but I think most people (including NFL players) are honest.  They either got the shot, or didn't and told the team they didn't.

AB has been a loose cannon for a long time, but I agree with the person who said the teams that are 100% are probably the ones where peer pressure put the squeeze on guys who really did not want to vax, so they might be the ones to scrutinize.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you really think it's that many guys?

I could be hella naive, but I think most people (including NFL players) are honest.  They either got the shot, or didn't and told the team they didn't.

AB has been a loose cannon for a long time, but I agree with the person who said the teams that are 100% are probably the ones where peer pressure put the squeeze on guys who really did not want to vax, so they might be the ones to scrutinize.

I have no clue if its a guy, a couple guys, a lot of guys.  One thing I do know is a lot of rich celebs think they are above and would do something stupid like this.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I have no clue if its a guy, a couple guys, a lot of guys.  One thing I do know is a lot of rich celebs think they are above and would do something stupid like this.

I mean, I'm sure you're right, but I don't know; even Aaron Rodgers was honest with the team and the NFL.

There are probably a couple of Those Guys on a lot of teams though.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, I'm sure you're right, but I don't know; even Aaron Rodgers was honest with the team and the NFL.

There are probably a couple of Those Guys on a lot of teams though.

Its not that I think they are all over the league.  Its just that if by chance there are... the NFL really doesnt want to find out.  Think of it like this... If there are just 4 stars around the league on teams competing for a Super Bowl and those teams rely on those guys and fans watch football because of those guys... they have two choices.  One suspend them heavily and also expose them to possibly federal charges or two do nothing and look like their Covid rules and protections are all BS.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is getting more and more difficult to remain emotionally invested in the NFL; which is maybe a good thing?

I'm 43 now, so I was in 7th grade when the Bills (SB XXV) first broke my heart (I remember the AFCCG two years prior breaking my family's hearts, but I wasn't yet fully invested). The majority of memories over the next 30 years are punctuated by pain. And I'm thankful for the life lessons this legacy has taught me. This resilience has served me well through multiple recessions, crises, and personal reconstructions. 

But the current state of officiating, combined with Goodell's ongoing legacy of an absolute rejection of accountability and transparency across many scandals and crises, including the COVID pandemic, has me questioning the fundamental on-field/competitive realities in ways I resisted up until now. 

• Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

A lot depends on whether the guys with fake cards have already had COVID-19.

Not sure what that has to do with it?

The issue is not whether they have had COVID or not, the issue is they lied about being vaccinated, and forged documents to intentionally deceive people. And in this case, it is a Federal crime.

The issue is they lied. And, if so, and if the NFL is serious about player safety--and their public reputation and credibility--they will actually seek to do something meaningful about it. If not, then so what, let them all do what they want and move on. If you get it, you sit, if not, play ball.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Given the robe Id say this is a Catholic mass of some sort.

Well, green is  technically a vestment colour.  I just didn't realize 'optic lime' qualified. 🤔😁

Given WNY's Catholic population, I wonder how many have gone to an earlier service than usual, and where the priest ends the homily "Go Bills!"

EDIT:  Might well be.  Bills Blue on the bottom, optic lime on top. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

The NFL is a business. Recent employee problems include a coach nearly killing a young girl in a drunken car crash. A player killing a young woman in a drunken car crash.  An inappropriate private email sent by an employee, when they were not employee, nine years ago.  Multiple instances of domestic violence.  It seems like the ALLEGATION of a false medical record is pretty far down the list of problems the NFL deals with.   

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Well, green is  technically a vestment colour.  I just didn't realize 'optic lime' qualified. 🤔😁

Given WNY's Catholic population, I wonder how many have gone to an earlier service than usual, and where the priest ends the homily "Go Bills!"

Never heard a priest say that during a homily. Have heard that after the Mass is over before people leave though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

Not sure what that has to do with it?

The issue is not whether they have had COVID or not, the issue is they lied about being vaccinated, and forged documents to intentionally deceive people. And in this case, it is a Federal crime.

The issue is they lied. And, if so, and if the NFL is serious about player safety--and their public reputation and credibility--they will actually seek to do something meaningful about it. If not, then so what, let them all do what they want and move on. If you get it, you sit, if not, play ball.

I am pretty sure the NFL is not going to dig into the possibility of widespread fake cards. And if the players with fake cards do not subsequently get COVID-19, then the NFL will easily be able to sweep it under the rug as unsubstantiated rumors. Aftere all there is no real way for the public to know whether 0, 1, 2, 10, 50, or 100 players faked cards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • YoloinOhio changed the title to Antonio Brown used fake vaccine card to avoid NFL Covid Protocols (update - suspended 3 games by NFL)
18 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Unfortunate the Bucs get no penalty for this after saying previously how they found no issue with his vaccine card when it was presented 

Makes you wonder how thoroughly they checked everyone's card to get to that 100% they were touting.

1 minute ago, krf139 said:

My guess is fans who commit the same offense trying to enter a Bills game suffer a greater penalty than this 

Three game checks?  Really?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.