Star Lotulelei OUT with COVID - Could Miss Next Week Too

JohnNord

18 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

I hope Star does not suffer any long-term effects (for example lung damage, permanent loss of smell, cognitive difficulty). Additionally, I hope he doesn't have short-term effects which in NFL terms would severely hinder his season... a doctor would probably call having fatigue and low energy that gets better after 1-2 months a short-term effect, but that's plenty bad enough to tank the rest of the year for an NFL player.

Not just that… how about the damage that COVID can do to a heart.  Probably concerning to a human his size - especially if that was the reason why he sat last year 

24 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’ve been hoping that Harry would be the answer for three seasons now. He seemed that he was coming on at the beginning of last season, but hasn’t regained that form. One can always hope. Hope feels good.

Phillips has been solid though not spectacular throughout the year.  The difference is he’ll be going against one of the NFL’s best offensive lines.  I’m hoping he has the game of his career 

Un oh!  The Jets are going to trash the Bills D now!  Everyone panic!!!!  

Oh wait, the game already happened and they destroyed the Jets.   Maybe all the panicking was premature.

Some doctor could make a killing selling anxiety meds and antidepressants to the mentally weaker members of this board.

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This guy has been so inconcestent since he's been here. I hope they find a replacement for him next year in free agency. Star is awesome when he's on the field, but someone needs to draw the line eventually. I hope Harrison Phillips has a big game. Maybe his replacement is already on the team. 

Draw the line at catching an extremely contagious virus during a worldwide pandemic?

I'm sure the player's association would be totally fine with that reasoning.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Draw the line at catching an extremely contagious virus during a worldwide pandemic?

I'm sure the player's association would be totally fine with that reasoning.

True I guess, but it's frustrating as **** that this guy is never on the field. He opted out last year and that was his choice. 

5 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’ve been hoping that Harry would be the answer for three seasons now. He seemed that he was coming on at the beginning of last season, but hasn’t regained that form. One can always hope. Hope feels good.

I think Harry was on the verge of being benched for Zimmer when Zimmer got hurt.

This is Harry's chance to shine, I hope he is able to take full advantage (and also able to remain healthy)

5 hours ago, FLFan said:

That is a ridiculous excuse.  Getting Covid is far more dangerous for anyone with a heart condition than the vaccine.  I have a number of heart problems and my doctors encouraged me to get it as soon as possible.   Sounds like internet rumor medicine. 

I can concur that as I have heart conditions as well.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Let's say we win against the Colts. Next week we have another big game against the Saints (every game is big at this point like u said.) Patriots face the Titans. Do we root for the Titans to propel us to a 1 & a 1/2 game lead in the division? Or do we root for the Pats to put us a game behind 1st place? 

Do we beat the Saints?

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This guy has been so inconcestent since he's been here. I hope they find a replacement for him next year in free agency. Star is awesome when he's on the field, but someone needs to draw the line eventually. I hope Harrison Phillips has a big game. Maybe his replacement is already on the team. 

I'm not sure what this means, in this context. 

It's not like catching covid and being ruled out per NFL protocols is something he has a choice about.

If it's true that he's not vaccinated, that's to me inconsistent with "opting out" last season due to Covid concerns, but it's still his right under the NFL/NFLPA agreement. 

Prior to this season and his "opt out" season, he appeared in all 16 games for 4 straight seasons, so it's not like he had a prior history of missing games.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hopefully the switch is actually on now and they go on a run.    There aren't 3 understandable losses left on the schedule.    

Yeah.  Last week was certainly impressive, albeit against a piss poor D.  Would love to see us finish this regular season just as we did in 2020.  En fuego

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Un oh!  The Jets are going to trash the Bills D now!  Everyone panic!!!!  

Oh wait, the game already happened and they destroyed the Jets.   Maybe all the panicking was premature.

Some doctor could make a killing selling anxiety meds and antidepressants to the mentally weaker members of this board.

You're really carrying the toughness torch tonight, innit. 

It's okay for people to come at the sport from different perspectives. We don't all have to think like Mike Vrabel from the comfort of our computers.

Football is a rough game, no doubt. And talking about it causes many people, you included, to project their own baggage/experiences onto their analyses. Just be confident in your own toughness and let the weaker members of the Bills flock be. Or better yet, protect them from the ugliness you've so obviously been party to. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mattynh said:

It was highly speculated he was one of the unvaxed in TC.   The fact he is missing this week mostly confirms that.   Poyer, Hyde, Bulter, Davis, Beasley, Edmunds were speculated.

It really doesn't confirm that.  This has been discussed in the Spencer Brown thread.

We're pretty sure he has Covid and is not a close contact, because of teammate interview comments about checking on his health "not being as bad as it could have been"

If he came back sooner, it would prove he was unvaccinated, but the rule for a vaccinated player is "48 hrs no symptoms, 2 negative tests 24 hrs apart OR no symptoms, 10 days, whichever is first."  And someone with a symptomatic infection may well still test positive after 10 days - the reason they exempt players who have been infected from testing for 90 days.

• Like (+1) 2