Referee Tony Corrente corrupt as *****!!!

Bubba Gump

14 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

It is with great sadness 😢 that the NFL announces the retirement of Tony Corrente

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/08/tony-corrente-will-retire-after-the-season/

the NFL world mourns

Is this like the Gettleman "retire or fired" scenario that many speculate happened?

3 minutes ago, Beerball said:

So Justin, based on that logic and the fact that you make more per game than refs do per year means that you should be even more flawless.  Sorry dood, you're failing.

Are you saying calls like this and the non PIs in the Tampa game are acceptable? Officials have to simply see what happens while a player has to see it and then react, officials have more than a split second to make decisions. I agree with Justin just I would say never be flagrantly wrong 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Are you saying calls like this and the non PIs in the Tampa game are acceptable? Officials have to simply see what happens while a player has to see it and then react, officials have more than a split second to make decisions. I agree with Justin just I would say never be flagrantly wrong 

I said nothing about any calls.  I said that Fields comment is complete and udder garbage.  He is saying someone who makes much less than he should be flawless.  What does that say about how Fields and his cohorts should be expected to perform.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/9/2021 at 6:50 AM, mattynh said:

Do we know if 59 said anything that you dont see on the broadcast?

Social media will be the downfall of us, not poor officiating.  Officiating has not gotten worse, rather the rise of social media and slow mo repplays available minutes after something happened is what is new.  I would challenge you to show real factual evidence of "corrupt officiating" discussed on social media.  What you will see is internet loudmouths speculating on conspiracy theories to explain a game (or whatever) did not go the way they think it should have. 

The men in Black entering the field and telling the official to overturn the call in the Houston playoff game. That was corrupt as hell…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Beerball said:

I said nothing about any calls.  I said that Fields comment is complete and udder garbage.  He is saying someone who makes much less than he should be flawless.  What does that say about how Fields and his cohorts should be expected to perform.

So you’re saying that reffing the NFL and playing QB in the NFL have the same relative skill requirements?  And that Fields has to be a top flight QB to criticize one of the worst ref performances I’ve ever seen (in general) after that ref cost his team a game?  You are making zero sense here. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Beerball said:

So Justin, based on that logic and the fact that you make more per game than refs do per year means that you should be even more flawless.  Sorry dood, you're failing.

That’s not actually Justin fields twitter account. It’s a random bears fan. @justnfields is his account and he didn’t tweet anything about it 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

So you’re saying that reffing the NFL and playing QB in the NFL have the same relative skill requirements?  And that Fields has to be a top flight QB to criticize one of the worst ref performances I’ve ever seen in general  after that red cost his team a game ?  You are making zero sense here. 

No, he is saying that the comment regarding pay versus performance is a poor choice. But, it’s much ado about nothing because it’s not Fields twitter account.

16 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Do you think that is the actual Justin Fields Twitter account?

I believe what I read.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s not actually Justin fields twitter account. It’s a random bears fan. @justnfields is his account and he didn’t tweet anything about it 

I blame the fan.

53 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

So you’re saying that reffing the NFL and playing QB in the NFL have the same relative skill requirements?  And that Fields has to be a top flight QB to criticize one of the worst ref performances I’ve ever seen (in general) after that ref cost his team a game?  You are making zero sense here. 

It's already been well established that the twit wasn't from Fields.  

You are too smart to ask that question.  I said nothing about skill requirements. I mean what I say and I say what I mean.  If you decide to read more into it or extrapolate to extreme lengths then that's on you.

58 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

The men in Black entering the field and telling the official to overturn the call in the Houston playoff game. That was corrupt as hell…

Yep. That was Corrente making the right call and getting overturned by the league.

It's such a great feeling to have your employer micromanage you like that...

• Like (+1) 1

This corrupt 70 year old jerk has used the NFL games as his personal vehicle to exact revenge on his critics. The union has insulated this menace from suspension or forced retirement. If anything can turn NFL obsessed viewers away from the game, it's power hungry officials that change outcomes because of vendettas against a player. 

2 hours ago, Beerball said:

I believe what I read.

I blame the fan.

It's already been well established that the twit wasn't from Fields.  

You are too smart to ask that question.  I said nothing about skill requirements. I mean what I say and I say what I mean.  If you decide to read more into it or extrapolate to extreme lengths then that's on you.

Yes, the statement was not from Fields.  I understood what you were doing and that’s what I responded to. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.