Josh Allen: “I put the ball in danger too often, I played like *****”

YoloinOhio

Allen has nothing to prove, as far as I'm concerned.  I'd still take him over any other QB in the league.

It was a bad day yesterday. There are certainly excuses like the line - but he did revert to some hero-ball stuff that he has done an excellent job taking out of his overall game.  I'd chalk that kind of lapse up to desperation, which we all felt as the game progressed and we couldn't pull away from a team like the Jags (who I actually don't think are that bad, just young)....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah to be clear, he played like hot garbage yesterday

To be more clear, he was probably the best player on our O

Josh Allen failing is pretty far down my list of concerns. 

The O-line playing with JV level competence would be a massive improvement.  I'd be giving those huge contracts they handed out a long look

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Though I initially didn’t like the pick, the one thing I always admired, appreciated, and respected about Josh Allen is how he takes ownership of his struggles. After listening to EJ Manuel deflect direct criticism to the team “we couldn’t do this, we couldn’t do that, we have to be better” I couldn’t stomach his press conferences. Allen came in from day one with “I” as opposed to “we.” He is a true leader.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Success said:

he did revert to some hero-ball stuff that he has done an excellent job taking out of his overall game.

His only hero ball play was the 2nd interception. He was trying to throw the ball away to avoid taking a sack and didn't see the LB standing there. Really dumb play but if he hadn't thrown it, it would have been a sack and a punt. Not really a game changer.

The 1st interception was not hero ball. He simply misread the coverage and didn't see the underneath defender in position to jump the ball. Every QB has a few interceptions like that every season.

I don't buy the narrative that Allen reverted to rookie year Allen in this game. He had one really bad throw. The other mistakes were normal QB mistakes.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

His only hero ball play was the 2nd interception. He was trying to throw the ball away to avoid taking a sack and didn't see the LB standing there. Really dumb play but if he hadn't thrown it, it would have been a sack and a punt. Not really a game changer.

The 1st interception was not hero ball. He simply misread the coverage and didn't see the underneath defender in position to jump the ball. Every QB has a few interceptions like that every season.

I don't buy the narrative that Allen reverted to rookie year Allen in this game. He had one really bad throw. The other mistakes were normal QB mistakes.

I guess the fumbles kind of took me back to that time, also - but you make a good point.  Overall, he really wasn't bad under the circumstances.

I was shocked by how much pressure the Jags got on him, consistently.  It felt like they were in his face all day.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It didn’t have to be a sack or an interception. If you go back and look at the play, the pressure was coming strong off Josh’s right side. Instead of rolling left away from it, he inexplicably tried to escape to his right and the pressure was there. 

37 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Stafford  last night is also a great example of when pressured how easy it is to try and make a play and have it backfire..in his case the end zone…it happens. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Absolutely right. He didn't revert to "Rookie Allen." He certainly didn't have his best game, but the awful offensive performance was a team effort. Allen is one of the best QBs in the game who, for a variety of reasons, didn't have a good day. It happens to every QB. It doesn't mean they are regressing. It just means that there are days when even the best QB can't carry a team without some help.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.