TE Darren Fells headed to waivers (update: unclaimed, signed to Bucs PS)

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, without a drought said:

Fells doesn't turn 36 until the off season. So he does have that going for himself.

Cleared waivers and ended up signing onto a practice squad,  maybe he's being a bit overvalued here.

Or the other contending teams dont have a big need. We do. 

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Wouldn’t have had that choice if claimed

You really have no understand of how this all works

22 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Apparently. I am one that thinks they should have. 

I would have rather they did this as well.

Just something to think about.....these guys do have agents.....the players tell their agents where they want to go....Beane is not going to sign a player that doesnt want to come here......its not that hard to figure out

4 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Fells was just released and all 32 teams passed on him through waivers.  I think some people are confusing Fells with Kelce.

Here Fells 2020 highlight reel.  Don't you think Fells could help out offense?  I know it's a highlight reel. Show me Tommy Sweeney highlight reel please

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Here Fells 2020 highlight reel.  Don't you think Fells could help out offense?  I know it's a highlight reel. Show me Tommy Sweeney highlight reel please

Again, show me where I stated that Tommy Sweeney was a good player...I'll wait.

Sweeney is an average backup TE, and Fells may be a slightly above average backup TE.  I wouldn't want either one starting on the Bills.

48 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You really have no understand of how this all works

I would have rather they did this as well.

Just something to think about.....these guys do have agents.....the players tell their agents where they want to go....Beane is not going to sign a player that doesnt want to come here......its not that hard to figure out

You can still put the claim in and let the cards fall where they may. I didn’t know putting in a claim was the same as signing the player so you are correct that I don’t understand how it works 

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Fells ran a 4.94 40 at the combine when he was 20 lbs lighter than he is today.  The biggest thing that we are missing with Knox being out is the vertical threat that he provides.  Signing a slow TE is not what the team needs.  They need someone who can get open consistently and get deep when the safeties are playing deep and double covering Diggs and Sanders.

8 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Again, show me where I stated that Tommy Sweeney was a good player...I'll wait.

Sweeney is an average backup TE, and Fells may be a slightly above average backup TE.  I wouldn't want either one starting on the Bills.

do you have a better solution?  Fells is a much better player than Sweeney.  He fills a need.  And makes the roster better.  So do you believe status quo is the answer?

Just now, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Fells ran a 4.94 40 at the combine when he was 20 lbs lighter than he is today.  The biggest thing that we are missing with Knox being out is the vertical threat that he provides.  Signing a slow TE is not what the team needs.  They need someone who can get open consistently and get deep when the safeties are playing deep and double covering Diggs and Sanders.

did you watch the video?  I don't care if he run a 6.4-- he catches TDs and is a great blocker.  TDs and blocking- Bills need both!

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You can still put the claim in and let the cards fall where they may. I didn’t know putting in a claim was the same as signing the player so you are correct that I don’t understand how it works 

Let me spell this out for you really slow

"X players agent has a list of preferred teams by said veteran player"

"Beane may or may not have been in contact with that agent"

"X players agent says he wants to go to Tampa for whatever reason"

"Beane....understanding that we are biulding a certain thing here in Buffalo would rather not want player X if they want to be somewhere else"

Get it?

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Still probably faster then the next option which is playing with an extra TE on the field.....which we are probably going to if we cant improve our blocking.

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

did you watch the video?  I don't care if he run a 6.4-- he catches TDs and is a great blocker.  TDs and blocking- Bills need both!

He has 0 TD catches this season.  One less than Sweeney.  We clearly aren't going to agree.  Fells may be a slight improvement over Sweeney, but he is far from a difference maker. 

After all of this, it doesn't matter because he chose to be a backup on the Bucs.

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

He has 0 TD catches this season.  One less than Sweeney.  We clearly aren't going to agree.  Fells may be a slight improvement over Sweeney, but he is far from a difference maker. 

After all of this, it doesn't matter because he chose to be a backup on the Bucs.

he hasn't been playing much, TJ Hockenson is solid.  That's why Fells asked for release.  Fells has 11 TDs combined the two years before. Fells is a very good blocker though.  We can still sign him off Tampa practice squad

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Let me spell this out for you really slow

"X players agent has a list of preferred teams by said veteran player"

"Beane may or may not have been in contact with that agent"

"X players agent says he wants to go to Tampa for whatever reason"

"Beane....understanding that we are biulding a certain thing here in Buffalo would rather not want player X if they want to be somewhere else"

Get it?

Still probably faster then the next option which is playing with an extra TE on the field.....which we are probably going to if we cant improve our blocking.

How about Fells and his agent just spell it out to the rest of the league like OBJ’s team did? But it is nice to have a fly on the wall in Beane’s office. So much better than Leroi or Incarcerated Bob

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

How about Fells and his agent just spell it out to the rest of the league like OBJ’s team did? But it is nice to have a fly on the wall in Beane’s office. So much better than Leroi or Incarcerated Bob

How do you know that he didnt?  Not all of this stuff gets reported.....as a matter of fact most of it doesnt or it ends up being something we hear about later.

22 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Sweeney plays with Josh Allen, Fells with Jared Goff…nuff said

Problem is that McDermott doesn’t bench them, he plays them

Oh really that why AJ and Boogie where already healthy scratches this year? 

22 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Sweeney plays with Josh Allen, Fells with Jared Goff…nuff said

Problem is that McDermott doesn’t bench them, he plays them

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.