I hate to say it … but the Pats are coming

dave mcbride

Belichick has a great system and is a great coach, and Brady is a great QB. 

Together they were a dynasty. So many great QBs never play in a great system. 

I think the Patriots dynasty was more Belichick than Brady. Bill had to build an entire organization, while Tom just had to worry about himself and his avacados and yoga. All of the "Brady is a superhero!" people forget that the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls on last second FG and one on a goal line INT. But it was all Brady!

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Belichick has a great system and is a great coach, and Brady is a great QB. 

Together they were a dynasty. So many great QBs never play in a great system. 

I think the Patriots dynasty was more Belichick than Brady. Bill had to build an entire organization, while Tom just had to worry about himself and his avacados and yoga. All of the "Brady is a superhero!" people forget that the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls on last second FG and one on a goal line INT. But it was all Brady!

Who won the SB last year ? 

49 minutes ago, Putin said:

Who won the SB last year ? 

A loaded Bucs team that was loaded the year before but didn’t have aField General to lead them.. 

funny thing is they were imploding till.. Brady took over and implemented everything he learned in NE.

Edited by PatsFanNH

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

A loaded Bucs team that was loaded the year before but didn’t have aField General to lead them.. 

funny thing is they were imploding till.. Brady took over and implemented everything he learned in NE.

Thank you 

11 hours ago, P Riv said:

I think this is awesome, who is not anticipating this game as much if not more than the Chiefs game?  

Yes the entire preseason all we thought about is the patriots  , 

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

WTF are these people so afraid of. 

3 damn threads on a nobody 

I guess these guys can’t hold his jock 

Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Kyler Murray,

Remember when Gardner Minshew was the hottest QB?

Hmm let’s look at your three:

Joe Burrow — has a true #1 WR. (I think he is up for Rookie of the year?)

Justin Herbert — Also has a #1 WR that’s damn good in Allen as well as an elite RB.

Kyler Murray - Has probably the best WR in football. 

Jones is a rookie with no true top WR and has performed extremely well. Hell to all the people saying he can’t throw deep the Pats rank 2nd in the NFL with 41 passes 20+ yards. 

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Justin Herbert — Also has a #1 WR that’s damn good in Allen as well as an elite RB.

Jones is a rookie with no true top WR and has performed extremely well. Hell to all the people saying he can’t throw deep the Pats rank 2nd in the NFL with 41 passes 20+ yards. 

None of those QB's has BB - which is much better than having any kind of #1 receiver.

I think any of the top 5 QB's would be performing just as well this year had NE drafted them, with the possible exception of Lance, who is a true project.

Mac's play is being incredibly overhyped right now. Mainly because he's on the Patriots, who are the new Cowboys in terms of 24x7 sports news coverage and hype.  Mac hasn't done a thing yet.

I will say that the national hype surrounding Jones and the Pats' brilliance is getting a bit out of control:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/11/18/22788563/mac-jones-bill-belichick-young-quarterback-master-class (classic meathead comment by Mularkey at the end of this one)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/11/18/mac-jones-patriots-nfl-draft-franchise-qb/

(I assume it's even worse on radio and cable TV, neither of which I listen to/watch.)

I hope the Bills pound them into dust on December 6.

Edited by dave mcbride

Was watching some of the talking heads on tv gush about the Pats earlier and they pointed out how they are outscoring teams 150-50 the last 4 weeks including against the #2 and #5 overall defenses (CAR/CLE).

Say what you want, but this is very concerning especially with a rookie QB that everyone keeps calling a game manager.

You just get the sense that if the Pats win tonight as expected they may very well be taking control of the division for good and there is going to be tremendous pressure on the Bills to keep pace this weekend.

37 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That includes YAC.  He has 10 completions of 20+ air yard throws vs 16 incompletions and 2 ints, looking at his passing charts.

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Was watching some of the talking heads on tv gush about the Pats earlier and they pointed out how they are outscoring teams 150-50 the last 4 weeks including against the #2 and #5 overall defenses (CAR/CLE).

Say what you want, but this is very concerning especially with a rookie QB that everyone keeps calling a game manager.

You just get the sense that if the Pats win tonight as expected they may very well be taking control of the division for good and there is going to be tremendous pressure on the Bills to keep pace this weekend.

@teef This guy is definitely a new account of HighFootballIQ.

35 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I will say that the national hype surrounding Jones and the Pats' brilliance is getting a bit out of control:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/11/18/22788563/mac-jones-bill-belichick-young-quarterback-master-class (classic meathead comment by Mularkey at the end of this one)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/11/18/mac-jones-patriots-nfl-draft-franchise-qb/

(I assume it's even worse on radio and cable TV, neither of which I listen to/watch.)

I hope the Bills pound them into dust on December 6.

I was just thinking the same thing, everywhere I go the hype for Patriots is so over the top. I've never seen this much hype for any team. I go to NFL Network and its Pats are SB bound, ESPN same thing, NFL radio same and on and on every show.

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

@teef This guy is definitely a new account of HighFootballIQ.

Oh of course.  He uses the same wording and everything.  If things go well this season like they did last season, he’ll just fade away.  

the pats are this year’s Miami for him. I get a kick out of it, but he’s not wildly creative or intelligent.  Just a simple act. 

11 minutes ago, teef said:

Oh of course.  He uses the same wording and everything.  If things go well this season like they did last season, he’ll just fade away.  

the pats are this year’s Miami for him. I get a kick out of it, but he’s not wildly creative or intelligent.  Just a simple act. 

yup exactly. However, he did talk about the Pats last season too.  He said he wouldnt be surprised if the Bills ended last in the division at one point too or maybe it was second last.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.