I hate to say it … but the Pats are coming

dave mcbride

52 minutes ago, Success said:

These kinds of threads get comments on the Pats boards.  Their fans generally say something like "we live rent free in their heads."  

Then, they go to a Bruins game and join in a rousing crowd chant of "Yankees suck!"

First that’s hilarious! Second we Bruins fans chant Canadiens suck lol..  

As for this thread of course the Pats are “back” did anyone think BB would have two losing seasons in a row? That doesn’t mean they win it all just they are very much improved.

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

As for this thread of course the Pats are “back” did anyone think BB would have two losing seasons in a row? That doesn’t mean they win it all just they are very much improved.

I've heard "Yankees suck" at Bruins game. I've heard it  at Celtics games. I've heard it (of course) at Red Sox games, even when they were in the World Series.

I have always wondered why they do that.  I mean, the Patriots ARE in our heads here, or at least some of us - but I'd be embarrassed if our fans chanted that anywhere except for a Bills/Pats game.

And of course - BB is going to have that team in contention as long as he's there.  The hype is a bit much right now, but if they continue winning it's warranted.

49 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They have a very strong roster, that's for sure. And the coaching staff is obviously excellent. I see them ending up at around 11-6. Could win the division, but might not. The Bills have a tough road in the next few weeks, starting with the Colts. It'll come down to the head-to-head games between the two.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I honestly predicted they would. Before season I believe I had them at a game below .500 for final record, since with the extra game added this season .500 won't happen. But as I stated (think was you I was talking with other day) that Pats have been better than I thought they would, at least so far anyways...

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You’d think this is a Pats*** board with all this love for another Tua.  

How is he anything like Tua? The Phins were good last year because of Fitzmagic not Tua. While this year the Pats are good because Jones is playing well. Something I don’t believe Tua did at all last year.  I just don’t see the comparison. 

17 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I honestly predicted they would. Before season I believe I had them at a game below .500 for final record, since with the extra game added this season .500 won't happen. But as I stated (think was you I was talking with other day) that Pats have been better than I thought they would, at least so far anyways...

Ok it probably was with me. Did you tell me Iwas wearing rose colored glasses because I thought 10-11 wins was possible for them? (I think they could still get there as well.) Mind you my predictions were off for the Dolphins and the Jets already have 1 more win than I expected lol.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

How is he anything like Tua? The Phins were good last year because of Fitzmagic not Tua. While this year the Pats are good because Jones is playing well. Something I don’t believe Tua did at all last year.  I just don’t see the comparison. 

Cuz Tua can throw some good balls and some bad.  

God I wish I could find the vid of the floater Mac n Cheese threw. 

that ball would have been intercepted 12 times out of 10 by this Bills Defense 

25 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok it probably was with me. Did you tell me Iwas wearing rose colored glasses because I thought 10-11 wins was possible for them? (I think they could still get there as well.) Mind you my predictions were off for the Dolphins and the Jets already have 1 more win than I expected lol

Nah that one wasn't me. Believe we were discussing the schedule and strength of opponents etc. But anyways, they still could end up below .500 when it's said and done, but if they keep playing well as they have thus far then it's likely they will be above .500

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Cuz Tua can throw some good balls and some bad.  

God I wish I could find the vid of the floater Mac n Cheese threw. 

that ball would have been intercepted 12 times out of 10 by this Bills Defense 

OMG your that kind of fan. Believe what you see 1 throw or two it’s what he is. That be me saying Allen would lose every time to the Pats because he gets happy feet when pressured.. because I saw him do it against the Steelers a couple times.. ugh. (The Allen thing is sarcasm so no one loses their minds)

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You’d think this is a Pats*** board with all this love for another Tua.  

Oooooooh, Shots Fired!  

So far, Mac Jones looks considerably better than Tua.  How much of that is better offensive play design and coaching, and how much is a better QB, can’t tell you.  Mac is being well supported but he’s “doing his job” and doing it well.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t see the comparison between Jones and Tua either.

To be fair to Tua-fish, though, the Phins did go 6-3 on his watch last season, and he was responsible for a reasonable amount of offense:

11 TD, 5 INT, 181 ypg, 6.3 ypa in 9 starts 

Don’t shoot the messenger, but right now with 10 starts, Mac Jones 6-4, 13 TD 7 INT, 233 ypg, 7.1 ypa is not all that dissimilar offensive production

I’m pointing that out not to make an argument that Jones = Tua.  I see them as different players, being asked to lead two very different styles of offense, but Tua didn’t put up those numbers without playing well at times last year.

The Dolphins have gone on a slide IMO because their decision to replace Chan Gailey (who runs a difficult offense for a young QB to master) with a two-headed monster promoted from within has NOT worked out well.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t see the comparison between Jones and Tua either.

To be fair to Tua-fish, though, the Phins did go 6-3 on his watch last season, and he was responsible for a reasonable amount of offense:

11 TD, 5 INT, 181 ypg, 6.3 ypa in 9 starts 

Don’t shoot the messenger, but right now with 10 starts, Mac Jones 6-4, 13 TD 7 INT, 233 ypg, 7.1 ypa is not all that dissimilar offensive production

I’m pointing that out not to make an argument that Jones = Tua.  I see them as different players, being asked to lead two very different styles of offense, but Tua didn’t put up those numbers without playing well at times last year.

The Dolphins have gone on a slide IMO because their decision to replace Chan Gailey (who runs a difficult offense for a young QB to master) with a two-headed monster promoted from within has NOT worked out well.

I dont know if Tua would be better than Mac or not.  I agree with the original post this started from though.  I think Tua would have looked really well on the Pats and would at least have them in the same place right now.  He may have a noodle arm but he has a fairly accurate short game.  Not much different than what Mac is doing.  Just Mac is on a better team with better coaching. 

Mac is now 11 starts 14 TDs and 8 Int.  Not great.  His best attribute is his completion % but he throws the ball mostly within 5 yards of the los.  Praising him for his comp % is like praising Tyrod Taylor because he doesnt throw INTs.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont know if Tua would be better than Mac or not.  I agree with the original post this started from though.  I think Tua would have looked really well on the Pats and would at least have them in the same place right now.  He may have a noodle arm but he has a fairly accurate short game.  Not much different than what Mac is doing.  Just Mac is on a better team with better coaching. 

Mac is now 11 starts 14 TDs and 8 Int.  Not great.  His best attribute is his completion % but he throws the ball mostly within 5 yards of the los.  Praising him for his comp % is like praising Tyrod Taylor because he doesnt throw INTs.

The second part is kind of wrong. The first five games they kept it as simple as possible for him.. since I say the Dallas game he been throws deep a lot more and I’d say has average completion percentage for long balls. 

This is great.  So much trash talk. Competition makes everyone better.  It is good that the Pats are at least decent.  Bills need someone to push them, it will make them better.  And I think both teams make the playoffs.  It's like DA Trotter out there in My Cousin Vinny-- "you did good out there Yankee-- I like the competition." And this will be decided on the field in two games.

Just now, Casey D said:

This is great.  So much trash talk. Competition makes everyone better.  It is good that the Pats are at least decent.  Bills need someone to push them, it will make them better.  And I think both teams make the playoffs.  It's like DA Trotter out there in My Cousin Vinny-- "you did good out there Yankee-- I like the competition." And this will be decided on the field in two games. Maybe three!

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

The second part is kind of wrong. The first five games they kept it as simple as possible for him.. since I say the Dallas game he been throws deep a lot more and I’d say has average completion percentage for long balls. 

Do you have stats to back this? Games before Dallas and then since? I’m not doing the work, I hope you will forgive me for not trusting a Pats fan. I bet you can figure out why. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oooooooh, Shots Fired!  

So far, Mac Jones looks considerably better than Tua.  How much of that is better offensive play design and coaching, and how much is a better QB, can’t tell you.  Mac is being well supported but he’s “doing his job” and doing it well.

just having a little fun 🤩 

‘‘Twas  meant to indicate that people crown the Tim Tebow of the world winners too fast. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

52 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Do you have stats to back this? Games before Dallas and then since? I’m not doing the work, I hope you will forgive me for not trusting a Pats fan. I bet you can figure out why. 

I don’t I was going by the eye test.. ive watched every game. But let me see if I can. (It may take me awhile so I didn’t want you thinking I was ignoring your reasonable request)

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Define a lot more.  Last night he threw one deep pass and it was a floater INT.  Im not saying he cant.  I honestly don't know yet.  Im just saying he doesn't.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.