11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

The offensive line was absolutely 100% trash. Josh Allen did not elevate his teammates. The defense did what it does and played the game that usually leads to a blow out. Spencer Brown might be better than we think. Too many penalties. Bad Game man...

It's hard to elevate the dead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If anyone refuses to put a huge chunk of blame on Josh Allen they are being disingenuous. 

Agree he should be criticized. I think there are some recognition issues the past couple weeks and they should move away from some of the audibles because Josh isn't recognizing blitzes and pass rushes pre-snap. Unblocked players get in either because there's more of them than defensive players or someone didn't recognize a blitz and on our team that's Josh's responsibility.

They also need a better repitoire of fast developing plays.

He also has to step up into the pocket more consistently. Good things happened when he stepped up into pockets that were there and took check-downs today, but he loves to escape to the right and everyone knows he is doing that.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

It's there twice on one page. 

Because he is paid like the Franchise QB. So when he doesn’t perform like a Franchise QB the criticism is warranted. That is what comes with those contracts. At no point did I ever criticize the signing or hate Allen. But hey keep living in your little fantasy. 

• Like (+1) 1

They have not done the jet stuff (either with actual handoff or a "pass") with mckenzie this year at all, like they have in the past. Why? If its a "dont want to INJ the returner" then use someone else.  If that is not the reason, I don't get it, it would always give the Bills a few cheap ones, and they had success with it the red zone too. Also, I will keep shouting it from the mountain tops, but it seemed even with just that simple jet motion, it would open the run game some as well for handoffs to the actual RB.

Edited by letsgoteam
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

This offense is a train wreck without Josh Allen…. They just don’t prioritize it enough. Too much investment into ghe defense and defensive line…. They went status quo upfront offensively after getting their asses handed in the championship game last season…. He’s scratching strategy. 

Actually it makes complete sense after the insanely good offense we had last season to not touch anything. Especially considering how rough our defense was. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

This offense is a train wreck without Josh Allen…. They just don’t prioritize it enough. Too much investment into ghe defense and defensive line…. They went status quo upfront offensively after getting their asses handed in the championship game last season…. He’s scratching strategy. 

I agree with you, Scott. I agree with you. 

Seeing all of these other yahoos makes me realize you’re not as bad as I initially thought. 

Thank you. We’re friends now. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The worst thing about games like this, is they bring out the Full Bore Revisionist History

Teller played in 2018 when Teflon Juan Castillo was the OL coach.

He was traded to Cleveland at the end of the 2019 presean, not because he was playing poorly but because they were trying to ensure they had a proven NFL center on the roster with Morse on the concussion list, so they kept Spencer Long (they didn’t realize at the time that Feliciano and Bates could play center)

So Teller never played a down for Bobby Johnson as his OL coach.

This is now the 2nd year where IMHO Beane should look himself in the face and say “I should have done more” on OL - the other being 2017.  But being realistic, we are down to our 2nd string at 3 different positions across the OL.  Most OLs don’t look too good when you’re playing backups at 3 positions.

Correct and it’s a real shame this time because one or two moves could’ve put this team over the top - the path to the Super Bowl was all greased up and well-lit.  It was there for the taking.  

But Brandon Beane has a neat little spreadsheet that he can show to Terry on January 12 when the Bills’ season ends that shows a $3.5m savings on personnel and a nifty little profit for boss-man.  Best li’l car dealership in Sheboygan.  Congrats big guy!

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Because he is paid like the Franchise QB. So when he doesn’t perform like a Franchise QB the criticism is warranted. That is what comes with those contracts. At no point did I ever criticize the signing or hate Allen. But hey keep living in your little fantasy. 

Then actually have some nuance and don't say ***** like "HE TOOK A SACK IN FIELD GOAL RANGE OMGGG" when Williams turned his brain off and didn't even get out of his stance until the DE was halfway around him. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

They were exposed in the playoffs… and exposed a couple times already this season. They are too worried about sustained success with the cap instead of the here and now IMO

I mean that makes sense too. We had to sort out a lot after we went all in with Rex in 2015. I will agree that they should have made more moves, though. 

25 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

It was the old out-physical thing we've seen before, just not from teams this bad. McD's teams have a habit of being soft when the other teams comes out fired up and just starts roughing us up. 

We've done it to other teams ourselves from time to time but it happens to us more. That's why we need a guy like Brown back in there who plays like a bully. Too much finesse right now. That Jags D was frothing at the mouth

Is Conrad Dobler available?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Then actually have some nuance and don't say ***** like "HE TOOK A SACK IN FIELD GOAL RANGE OMGGG" when Williams turned his brain off and didn't even get out of his stance until the DE was halfway around him. 

Hard to say, but it looks like Gabe Davis would have been open too, if D.W gave JA even a chance to make the play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.