11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

McD pulled him aside on the Jax botched challenge time out and told him not to take a sack - that a field goal was fine there.

Allen took a sack.

He is at a crossroads.

Huh?  Show me another time I’ve ever posted about this?  

If Allen just throws the ball away there it's intentional grounding.  I have no idea what you're talking about.

This team just doesn't want to win bad enough.  They make mistakes and penalties all game long.  Going for it on 4th and 1 and get a penalty and have to punt?  No excuse for things like that to keep happening.  Allen did get a little rattled but he was completely alone back there.  O-line not doing their job, running backs not even worth having out there.  There are a lot of running backs out there and Bills didn't even bother to bring in someone before the trade deadline.  The Jags just pinned their ears back and went after JA each play knowing he had no real options. 

So much for the Bills taking advantage of their easy schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott seems to have a head scratching loss every year since he's been here. In 17 it was the blowout against the saints, in 18 it was the eagles, last year it was the titans. While the jags didn't blow us out, it's definitely one of those Wtf games. Hopefully the bills get it together. They're way better than what we've seen these past 2 weeks 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Top of the drop. In FG range. Free DE running at you. Throw that ball away. Yep wrong decision and cost chance to tie. 

"Hey Josh I know you just got speared because Williams straight up didn't block a defensive end and he was on you in 1 second but it's your fault mmkay"

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

I agree, but there is just too much pressure on him to be Superman. He needs help so it's not all up to him - better protection and a running game. Then it's a lot easier to play within himself.

If he needs a perfectly built team around him he isn’t the QB I think he is.  I do agree with the OL particularly the interior OL. 

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If you throw the ball away there it's intentional grounding from inside the tackle box.

Wrong but keep trying. There are sideline routes. He knows the routes. He can throw it out of bounds down field near a WR and he is fine. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

If he needs a perfectly built team around him he isn’t the QB I think he is.  I do agree with the OL particularly the interior OL. 

Sorry but what QB do you think would look better behind that offensive line?  Because I seriously think anyone would have looked as bad or worse.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If he needs a perfectly built team around him he isn’t the QB I think he is.  I do agree with the OL particularly the interior OL

Where is anyone asking for a perfectly built team?

The problem is very clearly the offensive line. It’s not even average… they’ve regressed. Not Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Any team in the league. A productive WR on a 4th round Rookie contract would be scooped up with 31 waiver claims 

The guy can’t catch a soft shovel pass right into his hands…what good is he as an NFL receiver?

Fugly game on so many levels.

Team wasn't ready to play

Terrible playcalling with no focused attack plan or scheme adjustment to counter pressure. Wtf is Allen running the ball so much for. Daboll is overrated imo. He swings from brilliant to what the hell is he doing. 

Allen made some poor decisions

The whole team seemed out of focus

Penalties

The line was a sieve

The o line is a problem 

There is no depth and little talent

Drafting two project tackles and not upgrading at guard was weird

Allen having to be superman is not a good game plan

On the positive side it was one game 

One Fugly game 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

"Hey Josh I know you just got speared because Williams straight up didn't block a defensive end and he was on you in 1 second but it's your fault mmkay"

Hey BillsEnthusiast I am sorry to have high exceptions to think my Franchise QB would understand the game enough to make a quick decision and save the FG attempt 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.