Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that might be one of the points people are making - that if there are violations that are occurring right in front of the league, like unvaccinated players doing pressers unmasked - if the league is turning a blind eye to it until there's a problem, then saying "oh, well, it's the club's responsibility to enforce", that's pretty damned lame

Well... is it a violation to do pressers unmasked if you're unvaccinated?  If it is, there's been incredibly negligence on the league's part.

15 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I can’t see them rescheduling unless Covid let’s rip through one of the franchises. They certainly won’t for a missing QB.

As I said before, every franchise will become cautious after Rodgers’ positive test and potentially breaking protocol - I expect to see masks being worn again but the unvaccinated so the biggest clue towards Josh’s status, for example, will probably be that.

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think they'd consider it much at all. Too much coordination already goes into the Super Bowl. It'd be a mess.

You're probably right. I guess it would depend on if there were a lot of players positive.

28 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't know, but I've seen a lot of these player interviews and most of them are not wearing a mask anyways. Although I don't know if they all are vaxed or not. But I can't really recall seeing an interview where a player was masked. Or at least I haven't noticed anyway

Yes, if as Breer said it's a violation to not wear a mask for a presser inside the facility, then either some of these outspoken players have casually backed their freight into a vaccination station with one upper arm exposed and joined the vaccination train without saying a word about it - or the league has been doing a Sgt Schultz ("I see nothing...nothing" - anyone else remember that show?) which is lame AF.

28 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

You don't think they would move to following Sunday if a star player like that caught covid?  I mean they did it last season for regular games. A SB game that you'd want as competitive as possible and a star player everyone wants to see gets sick, Yeah I think it could be considered

No I don't.  There's way too much coordination that goes into running a Superbowl.  There's all the league Honors events, there's the Halftime Show - that team would just be SOL.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

What is the context of this text message? Who is it between/from? 

It's supposed to be a statement from the NFL

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Good for the league to push this off to the Packers, I guess. But does the league not keep track of who is vaccinated and who is not? Did they have no idea that Rodgers was not vaccinated and was not following league rules? 

From a 1000 foot view the “well it’s the team responsibility” answer makes sense….unless you spend 8 Mississippi’s thinking about it. Then it doesn’t make any sense. 

I think there are a number of scenarios in how this all plays out. I am curious how it all unfolds in terms of punishment from the league or lack there of. 

I can not disagree

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, george c said:

So, “if” Allen is un vaxxed, how would we feel about him if this scenario happened to us during a potential Super Bowl? 

A decade ago I woulda been pissed.  Now...

........There's a reason my screen name is "Hapless Bills Fan"

Who am I kidding, I'd be pissed AF

27 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well... is it a violation to do pressers unmasked if you're unvaccinated?  If it is, there's been incredibly negligence on the league's part.

According to Breer, Yes.

Unless perhaps the presser is outside or held via Zoom

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think they'd consider it much at all. Too much coordination already goes into the Super Bowl. It'd be a mess.

There’s less than zero chance. They’d make the team sign Street free agents before postponing the super bowl 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Wow the Chiefs lucked into that one.  

edit wait:  I don't really want to go through this thread as I am late to it.  Can Rodgers play or not or undetermined?

What makes you think the Chiefs are lucky? Did you see the game Monday night vs. the NYG?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Yet they fined Dirty and Beasley back in August because of it.  I don't think they aren't paying attention because of how much animosity this causes for the league.

I thought they were fined for some other more serious infraction, not just not wearing a mask.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not that I'm in any way condoning this but could argue, technically Rogers didn't lie his statement was “Yeah, I’ve been immunized,”  He could easily argue that in his mind based on information he received he was immunized.  And who is to say which doctor is more knowledgeable than another, he followed a doctors advise that he believes in.  I mean there's a doctor that claims you'll become magnetized once you receive the vaccine.  I'm sure he realizes it's not by the leagues definition but if lying to the press got a player or coach fined or suspended, there'd be no games played anymore.

Having said that, it is another thing if he broke the rules for un vaxxed players which he can't argue didn't apply to him.

Do wonder if the league amended the rules maybe not formally but as long as you're more than 10 feet from anyone interviewing you, you don't need to wear a mask??

Do agree something here isn't adding up.  Could see the Packers not wanting to get into another confrontation with Rodgers, not going after him too hard on following all the rules to the exact letter of the law.   But have to believe the league would step in and go after the team and seems like almost all the teams in the league are guilty.

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well I think we've seen pics of Josh flying with the team right? Can't say Ive seen any of Bease, but not sure we would anyways.

Is Bease (and others) really taking separate flights to all the away games?

I'm pretty sure  that's not correct. 

I'm pretty sure these rules were in an original proposal, but were revised so that unvaccinated players did not have to travel separately (which would pose a logistical challenge for the teams and potentially result in higher chance of exposure).  Unvaccinated players are supposed to be masked on the plane.

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Yet they fined Dirty and Beasley back in August because of it.  I don't think they aren't paying attention because of how much animosity this causes for the league.

Agreed.

And if they had not posted the letters on Social Media would we have known?

We have no idea what was said about this afterwards and we do not know if Bease and Rodgers have been fined for their actions up to this point.

We do know that when things like this happen and become visible - the NFL reacts and more things happen - so this is going to have repercussions for other players.

Rodgers is an idiot.  Not on the Beasley magnitude, but one nonetheless.  The vaccine is about not just protecting you, but all those around.  The fact that he "twisted" the truth, actually lied, says much about his character.

Hope the Bills and all NFL teams take this seriously.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

17 hours ago, BBills_88 said:

The NFL is going to give the Chiefs  every chance to get into the playoffs. 

17 hours ago, BassToMouth said:

Without question. If the chiefs ***** the bed they’ll go with plan B for this year which is Mac Jones 

Bull manure.   The NFL has had its rules in place since the preseason.  Rodgers chose not to get vaccinated and instead used some kind of "alternative" that obviously wasn't effective.  It's not any kind of conspiracy on the part of the NFL but simply arrogant stupidity on Rodgers' part.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I get there is a delta between the 2 but their D is good.  Chiefs D is bad.  Love will have Adams and Jones to depend on.  They will be just fine. 

Wait, are those good players on the Packers offense?  But Aaron Rodgers complains that the team doesn't give him any weapons and cut standout receivers like Jake Kumerow...I'm so confused.