Bills want stadium deal done by the end of the year

BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He's growing on me.

34 minutes ago, BTB said:

I guess he doesn’t like the idea of “public meetings”?  Who cares what he wants?  If it was so important to get the deal done by years end, why wait until the 60 day mark to make this proclamation?

Because he was asked. But based on the article, this is a timeline both him and Hocul agree on. It's not really a conflict.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this thread is as good as any 

https://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/hochul-wants-bills-stadium-negotiations-finished-by-january/

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Gov. Kathy Hochul said Tuesday that she expects to address a new Buffalo Bills stadium in her annual budget, setting an expectation that lease and stadium agreements will be made by mid-January.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

For what it’s worth, the wife and I took the tour of SoFi Stadium, home of the Rams and Chargers last week. It’s absolutely amazing! As we walked around I couldn’t help but think that one day the Bills will also get a new home, and these threads will morph into reviews of the new stadium’s amenities, sight lines, etc. Just like WNY, Southern California was sorely in need of a proper stadium. Bandaid after bandaid had been put on the historic, outdated, coliseum. With the opening of SoFi those days/years/decades are a distant memory now. I wish nothing but the same for WNY. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

For what it’s worth, the wife and I took the tour of SoFi Stadium, home of the Rams and Chargers last week. It’s absolutely amazing! As we walked around I couldn’t help but think that one day the Bills will also get a new home, and these threads will morph into reviews of the new stadium’s amenities, sight lines, etc. Just like WNY, Southern California was sorely in need of a proper stadium. Bandaid after bandaid had been put on the historic, outdated, coliseum. With the opening of SoFi those days/years/decades are a distant memory now. I wish nothing but the same for WNY. Go Bills!

I felt this way when I saw a game at Safeco Field after many games at the Oakland Coliseum. Safeco is such a beautiful stadium. The Bills, no matter downtown or in OP, will have such a stadium where we are all proud of the end result. 

"All proud of the end result". Who am I kidding! This is TBD! There will be complaints! Oh yes, there will! 

• Haha (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

thats one end  of tax payyer # fleecing nfl corporate cronyism, then you have the monstrosity newer stadium where Jets play.  horrible 20 different ways-newer is not neccesarily better.  i hate vthe new yankee stadium too.  if we are building new stadium, it must be done right, with bills mafia tailgating considered imo.  its our ethos

58 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I felt this way when I saw a game at Safeco Field after many games at the Oakland Coliseum. Safeco is such a beautiful stadium. The Bills, no matter downtown or in OP, will have such a stadium where we are all proud of the end result. 

"All proud of the end result". Who am I kidding! This is TBD! There will be complaints! Oh yes, there will! 

There is a 3 letter acronym that will guarantee non-stop complaining for the life of the new stadium…PSL. 😉

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.