10/17 Chiefs at Titans 1 pm EST on CBS

Hapless Bills Fan

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Oh and I forgot to mention Mahomes being called "baby GOAT" and already being lumped in with Brady just 5 years into his career. He's obviously an incredible QB but he hadn't yet faced real adversity in his career until the Super Bowl last year. He has a lot of work to do if he wants to go down in history.

I just put that “Baby GOAT” stuff as the kind of hyperbolic media narrative that we hear so much these days - like what’s-his-name saying Herbert is a sure-fire HOFer (Schefter, that’s who I mean) or that game last season where the announcer was hyping up how Lamar keeps getting better, just put his bust in Canton already on a game where he had just missed a straightforward sideline throw and the Ravens lost (think it was Titans game last season)

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

From Super Bowl to 

Super Bust. 

Things can change very fast 

NFL, not for long…, 

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Celebrating injuries is not a good look.

It’s a gladiator sport, guys get injured by other guys hitting them very hard and in purpose every game and fans love it, you can pretend otherwise all you like, but you’ll be lying to yourself, is what it is, 

I don’t wish harm on any of these players, but the game is what it is and fans do indeed love it for those very aspects. 

Fans love the hard hits, this can not be denied, the league celebrates the brutality of the game, and the fans buy tickets to watch ALL of the brutality. 

Its like the movie Roller Ball come to life, 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s a gladiator sport, guys get injured by other guys hitting them very hard and in purpose every game and fans love it, you can pretend otherwise all you like, but you’ll be lying to yourself, is what it is, 

I don’t wish harm on any of these players, but the game is what it is and fans do indeed love it for those very aspects. 

Go Bills!!!

Anyone who celebrates a player getting injured really has some serious issues.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im surprised Mahomes came out of that fine.  Not even in concussion protocol.

Kind of feels like he gave himself easy questions for his concussion tests because I don't know how a guy that had to be carried off the field doesn't have some injury/concussion.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Anyone who celebrates a player getting injured really has some serious issues.

Fans enjoy the hard hits, it a fact, fans spend large coin to watch a gladiator sport, and the stadium league wide roar with the very excitement that that possibility brings, it’s a brutal game and for how many decades have fans returned to watch it happen??? 

like I said I don’t wish  harm on any player, but the game is what it is, it is not a gentleman’s game, it’s harsh as hell and the fans enjoy the spectacle good and bad, that’s the truth. 

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Kind of feels like he gave himself easy questions for his concussion tests because I don't know how a guy that had to be carried off the field doesn't have some injury/concussion.

I think it's a standardized test that gets compared to a player's baseline results, but there's been talk some guys don't give it their best shot so that it's easier for them to meet or exceed their baseline

So he could have done that

He could also be OK now but will develop symptoms tonight or tomorrow

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Fans enjoy the hard hits, it a fact, fans spend large coin to watch a gladiator sport, and the stadium league wide roar with the very excitement that that possibility brings, it’s a brutal game and for how many decades have fans returned to watch it happen??? 

like I said I don’t wish  harm on any player, but the game is what it is, it is not a gentleman’s game, it’s harsh as hell and the fans enjoy the spectacle good and bad, that’s the truth. 

There is a big difference between enjoying the physicality to it, vs cheering when a player getting injured.

Massive difference.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it's a standardized test that gets compared to a player's baseline results, but there's been talk some guys don't give it their best shot so that it's easier for them to meet or exceed their baseline

So he could have done that

He could also be OK now but will develop symptoms tonight or tomorrow

Yeah that's what I was thinking about from back when Josh had his concussion against the Patriots. It just seems weird for him to be that unsteady on his feet and not have something.

51 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

How did we lose to the Steelers?

Blocked punt, ultimately

Game plan that bet on Pitts blitzing and us countering with 4 & 5 WR sets and no runs (Surprise!)

Josh and Manny Sands connection “off” and Josh unwilling to take the short stuff early

Trick question?

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Chief defenders basically not willing to tackle Henry...this was embarrassing...looked like Mario Williams post checkout.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/derrick-henry-causes-chiefs-defenders-193336028.html

Truthfully watching the KC at Tenn game made me feel a bit better about our D

They did get run over, but they got run over in the act of truly trying to tackle the guy

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Oh and I forgot to mention Mahomes being called "baby GOAT" and already being lumped in with Brady just 5 years into his career. He's obviously an incredible QB but he hadn't yet faced real adversity in his career until the Super Bowl last year. He has a lot of work to do if he wants to go down in history.

Maybe one day he'll be a hall of fame QB like Herbert, but he's still got a long way to go before than. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.