Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Ref throws the flag on the Diggs interference in Tampa Bay and Allen is the MVP frontrunner.  

Allen is literally inches away from being the front runner for the MVP. If he converts that 4th down against the Titans and if his foot doesn't touch the sideline when he dove to pylon the play before the non-call you referenced in the TB game, The Bills are 11-4, the #1 seed in the AFC, and Allen is, hands down, the odds on favorite for the MVP.

But, it is what it is. In the end, I really could not care less about Allen winning the MVP. I only care about the Bills getting into the playoffs and having a legitimate chance of getting to the SB. If Allen keeps playing like he's been playing, I like their chances to win any game they are in - no matter who it is or where it is played.

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

That would be the one.  Key word "loss" - and they looked terrible.

They still put up over 300 yards of offense. They are worse without Rodgers, of course they are, any team would be, but Green Bay would still be able to move the ball without him, they have a run game. The Bills have no run game and the Colts have a bad pass game. That is why I'd vote for Josh Allen or Jonathan Taylor. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 3

Just a look at Allen's numbers compared to other top QBs in some ares that, IMO, should be considered in an MVP conversation (Numbers are only for games in which the QBs played this year). Allen is the only QB in the top 5 in every category. He is top 3 in 6 of the 7 categories (no other QB is top 3 in more than 3 categories).

% of Team                 % of Team                      % of Team                   % of Team                    Total TDs                Total Turnovers         Total team pts scored Per gm

passing yds               rushing yards                 total yards                  Total TDs                      per game                per game                   (Only offensive scores)

Herbert (100%)          Jackson (46.27%)        Jackson (78.99%)        Stafford (78.26%)       Brady (2.6)              Rodgers (0.29)        Allen 28
Stafford (100%)          Allen (34.27%)           Allen (78.75%)             Rodgers (77.78%)       Allen (2.53)            Murray (0.83)           Brady 27.54
Allen (99.28%)          Murray (22.81%)          Herbert (77%)              Allen (76%)                 Rodgers (2.5)          Brady (0.93)            Stafford 27.26
Jackson (98.93%)      Herbert (18.18%)          Mahomes (75.41%)     Herbert (72%)             Herbert (2.4)           Stafford (0.93)         Murray 26.92
Brady (98.73%)           Mahomes (18.12%)      Brady (75.09%)           Brady (70.91%)            Stafford (2.4)          Allen (1)                   Burrow 26.86
Burrow (98.48%)        Burrow (6.75%)            Murray (73.64%)         Mahomes (70%)          Mahomes (2.33)      Herbert (1)              Rodgers 26.85
Rodgers (98.21%)       Rodgers (5.8%)            Stafford (73.61%)       Burrow (66.67%)         Murray (2.16)            Burrow (1.07)           Herbert 26.73
Murray (98.21%)         Brady (5.31%)               Burrow (71.68%)        Murray (66.67%)          Burrow (2.13)           Mahomes (1.13)       Mahomes 26.67
Mahomes (97.71%)     Stafford (2.8%)             Rodgers (71.12%)       Jackson (62.07%)       Jackson (1.63)         Jackson (1.45)         Jackson 23.54

Edited by billsfan1959

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

You don't know what MVP means...

It seems I know what it means more than most of the people commenting in this thread. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They still put up over 300 yards of offense. They are worse without Rodgers, of course they are, any team would be, but Green Bay would still be able to move the ball without him, they have a run game. The Bills have no run game and the Colts have a bad pass game. That is why I'd vote for Josh Allen or Jonathan Taylor. 

You'd vote for Josh beasue you're a homer like most commenting in here. 

If the roles were reversed and Rodgers was awarded MVP over Allen, with a worse record, more turnovers and some awful losses, there'd be a 20 page thread on how Josh got screwed and the NFL hates the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

It seems I know what it means more than most of the people commenting in this thread. 

This statement is not really substantiated by your posts in this thread. I am sure you feel that way; however, based soley on what you have written, I'd have to say, "No, you don't."

22 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If the roles were reversed and Rodgers was awarded MVP over Allen, with a worse record, more turnovers and some awful losses, there'd be a 20 page thread on how Josh got screwed and the NFL hates the Bills.

Speaking for myself, I'm fine if Rodgers wins MVP.  If he doesn't, it should be Allen. 

14 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

This statement is not really substantiated by your posts in this thread. I am sure you feel that way; however, based soley on what you have written, I'd have to say, "No, you don't."

Ok.  Now watch as Aaron Rodgers wins MVP again and the rest of you complain that Allen was "robbed".

Even after missing a game, Rodgers and Allen have very similar stats, but Rodgers has less turnovers, has led his team to a better record and right now sit as the #1 seed in the NFC.  Their strength of schedules are also near identical.

No rose-colored glasses here.  Josh has played well, but a few missteps along the way are going to cost him MVP unless the Packers and Bucs falter these last 2 weeks, which doesn't look likely.

Everything I've stated here is true.  You don't have to agree.

Edited by Chicken Boo

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Ok.  Now watch as Aaron Rodgers wins MVP again and the rest of you complain that Allen was "robbed".

Even after missing a game, Rodgers and Allen have very similar stats, but Rodgers has less turnovers, has led his team to a better record and right now sit as the #1 seed in the NFC.  Their strength of schedules are also near identical.

No rose-colored glasses here.  Josh has played well, but a few missteps along the way are going to cost him MVP unless the Packers and Bucs falter these last 2 weeks, which doesn't look likely.

Everything I've states here is true.  You don't have to agree.

Rodgers may very well win the MVP again I wouldn't have a problem with it, just as I didn't last year. Not everyone on this board is a homer or complains when anything goes against the Bills. As a matter of fact, most posters here are not that way, so why don't you quit generalizing.

BTW everything you say isn't fact or true - no matter how aggressively or condescendingly you present it. Most of it is nothing more than your opinion. Just like the rest of us. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just don’t want Rodgers to win because he’s an arrogant drama queen.  He lied to everyone and put his team at risk, and put himself above the team multiple times going back to the offseason.

The writers vote for the MVP and sportswriters have been swayed in the past against malcontents (see Bonds, Barry)…they don’t like being played the fool.

That said, Rodgers is still the likely MVP because in the NFL the narrative always wins out, and he’s the late-season frontrunner.

• Like (+1) 2

There’s still time for things to change, but I think Rodgers pretty much has to be MVP if the season ended today. Brady slipped too much recently, Allen and the Bills/Mahomes and the Chiefs as a whole just came up a little short too many times, and Kupp, Parsons, and Taylor don’t play QB.

I would go for Kupp over Taylor if we gave it to a non-QB though. 

At any rate, we’ll see how things look when the dust settles but Allen/Brady/Mahomes have ground to make up on Rodgers right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

The week Rodgers was out they almost beat the Chiefs... most valuable player he is not. He has a great supporting class around him. Josh Allen has do do everything basically  himself.  

One day you will learn what MVP means.

7 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Most of the conversation I’ve seen here is about how Josh should at least be in the discussion. Some people are throwing him out entirely 

Rodgers should win with Josh as the runner up again. Issue is it doesn’t seem like he’s even getting that recognition. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I just don’t want Rodgers to win because he’s an arrogant drama queen.  He lied to everyone and put his team at risk, and put himself above the team multiple times going back to the offseason.

The writers vote for the MVP and sportswriters have been swayed in the past against malcontents (see Bonds, Barry)…they don’t like being played the fool.

That said, Rodgers is still the likely MVP because in the NFL the narrative always wins out, and he’s the late-season frontrunner.

He’s been the best player in the league all season.  He’s 12-2 has 33 TDs and FOUR ints.  All the other Mvp candidates have 11+ Ints.  He lost his all pro LT and LG (and his all pro C from last year).  He has no TE and only 1 WR that would be considered better than good.  Adams and 3 jags.  He has the crutch of having an great RB tandem….but RBs are only as good as their blockers. These have been his blockers for most of the season LT->RT Yosh Nijman, Jon Runyan, Lucas Patrick, Royce Newman, bill Turner.  Meanwhile brady has a monster OL, 3 all pro WRs, an all pro TE plus 2 other good TEs + 2 very good RBs.  Rodgers is has been the best player in the league and I don’t think it’s really that close. Hate him or not

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s been the best player in the league all season.  He’s 12-2 has 33 TDs and FOUR ints.  All the other Mvp candidates have 11+ Ints.  He lost his all pro LT and LG (and his all pro C from last year).  He has no TE and only 1 WR that would be considered better than good.  Adams and 3 jags.  He has the crutch of having an great RB tandem….but RBs are only as good as their blockers. These have been his blockers for most of the season LT->RT Yosh Nijman, Jon Runyan, Lucas Patrick, Royce Newman, bill Turner.  Meanwhile brady has a monster OL, 3 all pro WRs, an all pro TE plus 2 other good TEs + 2 very good RBs.  Rodgers is has been the best player in the league and I don’t think it’s really that close. Hate him or not

Your RB comment is kind of strange. Not as good as their blockers? Okay. Well the RB’s are pretty good so that means the blockers must be doing their job too right?

I agree with everything else but definitely Rodgers benefits from a strong running game. Two straight years in fact.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Your RB comment is kind of strange. Not as good as their blockers? Okay. Well the RB’s are pretty good so that means the blockers must be doing their job too right?

I agree with everything else but definitely Rodgers benefits from a strong running game. Two straight years in fact.

Their RBs are very good, but their blockers aren’t as good as they’re supposed to be due to injury.  Last year their running game was bolstered by 3 all pros. This year, those 3 all pros have been hurt most of the year or are on another team.  Look at the names of their OL that I listed.  Is that a good line? Do you think 21st in the nfl in rushing is a strong running game?  23rd in yards per carry strong?  25th in rushing td per game strong?  No.  It’s not strong.  I was strong…… that’s my point.  Their OL hasnt been very good this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.