Matt Milano #hammywatch - update - officially off the injury report

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I know people would hate this but if there is even a chance he could make it worse I would sit him and start Klein.

Hammys just tend to linger if you dont rest them

One thing they have done in the past, I believe last year, is have him available but lower his snap count and mix in Klein. I believe I remember games where he only played on 3rd down. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I know people would hate this but if there is even a chance he could make it worse I would sit him and start Klein.

Where as Milanos Hammys tend to linger for years. I think he is going to be one of those great players with an injury ridden career.  Hope I am wrong 

Edited by MAJBobby

9 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Rest him against KC and Tenn and use the bye.

It sucks, but even if we lose those two games, having him healthy (potentially) for the other 11 games and playoffs is more important. 

No guarantee he lasts the other 11.  Maybe stash him for the payoffs😬

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Don't really have the luxury to rest him...I know it's way too early to say this but theres a very good chance this game decides the 1 seed.  Kc,Baltimore, and Cleveland all have a lot more tough division games than us so we are way in the driver seat for that 1 seed if we beat kc.  That bye is huge 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again Availability is a concern. Maybe read my other posts before getting panties all in a Bunch 

i have. you're glad a guy that averages 2 missed games a season has an early out in his contract. thats silly talk... predicting he's gonna have an "injury ridden career" when he's missed a whopping 9 games in 5 years. you're talking about the dude like he's missing half the season each year.... read your posts on him. they're awful.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i have. you're glad a guy that averages 2 missed games a season has an early out in his contract. thats silly talk... predicting he's gonna have an "injury ridden career" when he's missed a whopping 9 games in 5 years. you're talking about the dude like he's missing half the season each year.... read your posts on him. they're awful.

To be fair, he suffered a bad season ending injury in his first season; it just happened as the season was just about over. If it had happened in game 1, he would have missed the full season. Getting it late doesn't make the injury any less bad. 

My own view on this is that I sense some Poz vibes among Bills fans. Everyone said he was injury prone because he got injured a lot with the Bills, but then he goes to Jax and hardly every gets injured over the course of the seven years. Injuries can be kinda random, and we sometimes misdiagnose randomness for a tendency.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

i have. you're glad a guy that averages 2 missed games a season has an early out in his contract. thats silly talk... you're talking about the dude like he's missing half the season each year. 

He's played 5 seasons and has over 400 less snaps......basically 6-7 games worth..........than Tremaine Edmunds has in just 4 seasons.  

Downplaying it is stupid..........it's an issue..........he ended BOTH the 2017 and 2018 seasons injured..........and last season was a struggle to get him healthy enough to play full games.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's played 5 seasons and has over 400 less snaps......basically 6-7 games worth..........than Tremaine Edmunds has in just 4 seasons.  

Downplaying it is stupid..........it's an issue..........he ended BOTH the 2017 and 2018 seasons injured..........and last season was a struggle to get him healthy enough to play full games.

well.... he was a backup for 2/3 of his rookie year... so thats obviously gonna skew things a bit... a prior post stating its good we have an early out on his contract because he's day to day with a hammy tweak is just dumb...  glad we had this interaction. lets try again in a year or so. 

k. BYE.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

How about everyone including me take a pause?  We have no idea how significant the hamstring is at this point.

Im going to wait a couple days and not worry about it.

Thank you. Everyone jumping to benching him already. Bunch of nervous nellies. If he’s healthy enough to go, they’ll play him. If not, they won’t. It’s that simple. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

To be fair, he suffered a bad season ending injury in his first season; it just happened as the season was just about over. If it had happened in game 1, he would have missed the full season. Getting it late doesn't make the injury any less bad. 

My own view on this is that I sense some Poz vibes among Bills fans. Everyone said he was injury prone because he got injured a lot with the Bills, but then he goes to Jax and hardly every gets injured over the course of the seven years. Injuries can be kinda random, and we sometimes misdiagnose randomness for a tendency.

Milano finished both his first and second seasons injured and unavailable.

As for the soft tissue injuries being random............I don't know about that.

I think some players(like Poz) just get better at managing their body to avoid injuries............hopefully that's the case with Milano going forward.

35 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Milano finished both his first and second seasons injured and unavailable.

As for the soft tissue injuries being random............I don't know about that.

I think some players(like Poz) just get better at managing their body to avoid injuries............hopefully that's the case with Milano going forward.

To be fair to Poz, IIRC both were broken bones and didn't speak to the overall soft tissue issue. A broken bone is almost by definition not an instance of "injury prone" but rather bad luck on a brutal collision play. The frequent hammy issues with Milano do make me worry a bit, but the way I look at it, if he plays 12-13 game out of 17 person season, that's good because he's so good. I'd obviously prefer 17, but as long as they back him up with a slightly above average player like Klein, they're fine. Point is, if we get "elite" for 12-13 out of 17 as opposed to "Keith Ellison" for 17 out of 17, I can live with that.  But more importantly:

Just now, dave mcbride said:

To be fair to Poz, IIRC both were broken bones and didn't speak to the overall soft tissue issue. A broken bone is almost by definition not an instance of "injury prone" but rather bad luck on a brutal collision play. The frequent hammy issues with Milano do make me worry a bit, but the way I look at it, if he plays 12-13 game out of 17 person season, that's good because he's so good. I'd obviously prefer 17, but as long as they back him up with a slightly above average player like Klein, they're fine. Point is, if we get "elite" for 12-13 out of 17 as opposed to "Keith Ellison" for 17 out of 17, I can live with that.  But more importantly:

Broken bones are more random than the repeated soft tissue injuries, IMO............but I'd argue that learning how to prevent the kind of impacts that cause things like broken bones is not necessarily random.

I think Eric Wood is a great example of a guy who had to learn his limitations in the pros.    He suffered a broken leg trying to sumo-wrassle a much larger player and got his leg snapped.   Then he tore a ligament in his knee trying to chase down a DL to give him an unnecessary shot away from the play.    Wood was a different,  smarter player from those mistakes and proceeded to break his rep as injury prone.     Learning how to protect yourself is an ability, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.