Thurs nite football: Jaguars at Bengals

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and now it's time for the Bengals to drive the length of the field and win by a FG, because that would just be perfect.

Also that's why you kick the ***** FG.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am Not sure it would have made a difference, But Urban Meyer did not coach a tactically sound game— two key misses to me:

1) As I said up thread, you kick that FG in the second quarter to build that 3-score cushion. Instead, they didn’t get it and he let the Bengals back in it.

2) 4th and 4 on the last jags offensive possession— 5 minutes left and ball at midfield and the offense was looking good, and defense is looking terrible. You have to go for it. Go and win the game at that point! 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am Not sure it would have made a difference, But Urban Meyer did not coach a tactically sound game— two key misses to me:

1) As I said up thread, you kick that FG in the second quarter to build that 3-score cushion. Instead, they didn’t get it and he let the Bengals back in it.

2) 4th and 4 on the last jags offensive possession— 5 minutes left and ball at midfield and the offense was looking good, and defense is looking terrible. You have to go for it. Go and win the game at that point! 

Also burning through his timeouts so quick didn't really help.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bengals secure 1st place in the AFCN for another week.  Chalk up another conference win.

Their OL played a good game.  Looks like they really upgraded from last year.

They played two halves.  Jailbreak in the first and solid in the 2nd.  Seem better at run blocking than pass protection

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

but how about that offensive holding call on Spain? He literally didn’t touch the defender.That could have cost the Bengals the game. 

If it was the call I saw he had a grip on the guys arm and swung him around by it

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So ... where does Joe Burrow fit in the ranks of recent (2018 or later) 1st round QBs? Is it now Allen, Lamar, then Herbert/Burrow/Murray tied for 3rd?

I'd say he's right there with Mayfield he can get the job done but I don't know if I'd consider him really exceptional in any way.

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So ... where does Joe Burrow fit in the ranks of recent (2018 or later) 1st round QBs? Is it now Allen, Lamar, then Herbert/Burrow/Murray tied for 3rd?

I would add Baker Mayfield to that last group.  Burrow is a reincarnation of Bengal's great Ken Anderson.  The AFC is freaking loaded at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm putting Herbert ahead of the other 2. He's looking like Josh West to me. Burrow very good though. AFC is stacked with young QBs

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I'd say he's right there with Mayfield he can get the job done but I don't know if I'd consider him really exceptional in any way.

Both Mayfield and Herbert have far better talent around them, and protecting them, than what Burrow has dealt with.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3