Schedule makers did us no favors

4merper4mer

On 9/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, 4merper4mer said:

I’m probably making more out of this than need be, but something has struck me as off since the schedule came out.  Two of our tougher games, KC and Tenn; games which could have an impact on seeding, are coming up.  Forgetting the fact that they are back to back….again…..they also come after games which put us at a schedule disadvantage.

1. We play Wash coming off a mini-bye

2. We play Hou coming off a mini-bye

Granted these teams aren’t great but still.

3. And most importantly, the NFL added an extra game to the schedule this year.  It involved an inter-conference opponent that was not in the previous formula.  Ours is Wash.  So not only do we head into KC/Tenn after playing two teams off byes, but we’ve already played our extra game.  I’m glad this is week 5/6 rather than say 11/12 but by then maybe KC and Tenn would have played an extra game too.  

This seems unfair.

stop the whining....   we play Washington and HOuston-- if we cant win they we shouldnt care what the schedule gurus have done to us... go done every schedule and you will see conflicts that could create losses in all teams.   

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Incorrect.  Washington was our extra game.  We play the Jets at the end.  You can’t be saying they are the extra game.  We play them twice every year.

I get that, what I'm saying is that you can't play an "extra game" the 3rd game of the season. If we had Washington week 1, it would be stupid to say "we've already played our extra game" it would only be one game. Not an extra game

On 9/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Then…you get the weekly grind with four out of the next five on the road. That’s going to be a lot of living in and out of a suitcase during October.  

A lot?

It's one Sat night per week, and that may not be a bad thing.

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Based on the previous formula we would not have played Washington at all.  It was an extra game.

I get that. But what does it have to do with anything? When we play Kansas City, we will have played four games. Kansas City will have played four games. It makes absolutely no difference where the “extra” (it’s not an extra, as again, all teams will play the same number of games) game lands on the schedule. From what I can tell at a quick glance, Kansas City’s “extra” (as you call it) game is against Green Bay. Which is a way tougher opponent than Washington. So how is it so bad for Buffalo?

3 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I get that. But what does it have to do with anything? When we play Kansas City, we will have played four games. Kansas City will have played four games. It makes absolutely no difference where the “extra” (it’s not an extra, as again, all teams will play the same number of games) game lands on the schedule. From what I can tell at a quick glance, Kansas City’s “extra” (as you call it) game is against Green Bay. Which is a way tougher opponent than Washington. So how is it so bad for Buffalo?

You answered your own question.  We’ve already played Wash but KC has yet to play GB.

I hate the schedule because the Bye Week coincides with my weekend off ;)

I like the schedule because the 5 games I miss/missed are Miami 1 and 2 Jets 1 and 2 and this weeks should be blow our vs the Texas Steers :)

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

I hate the schedule because the Bye Week coincides with my weekend off ;)

I like the schedule because the 5 games I miss/missed are Miami 1 and 2 Jets 1 and 2 and this weeks should be blow our vs the Texas Steers :)

In the it's still early category .. we only play 4 teams that at present have a winning record with Tampa 2-1; Carolina 3-0; New Orleans 2-1, and Tennessee 2-1.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, 4merper4mer said:

I’m probably making more out of this than need be, but something has struck me as off since the schedule came out.  Two of our tougher games, KC and Tenn; games which could have an impact on seeding, are coming up.  Forgetting the fact that they are back to back….again…..they also come after games which put us at a schedule disadvantage.

1. We play Wash coming off a mini-bye

2. We play Hou coming off a mini-bye

Granted these teams aren’t great but still.

3. And most importantly, the NFL added an extra game to the schedule this year.  It involved an inter-conference opponent that was not in the previous formula.  Ours is Wash.  So not only do we head into KC/Tenn after playing two teams off byes, but we’ve already played our extra game.  I’m glad this is week 5/6 rather than say 11/12 but by then maybe KC and Tenn would have played an extra game too.  

This seems unfair.

I forget, do we want to lose to AFC or NFC teams to better our playoff chances?

6 hours ago, Beerball said:

I forget, do we want to lose to AFC or NFC teams to better our playoff chances?

If we were shooting for wild card, losses to NFC teams help but we are shooting to win the division and it doesn’t mean as much there.