Schedule makers did us no favors

4merper4mer

30 minutes ago, K-9 said:

True, but since the extra game was against an NFC opponent, in reality it’s like playing an extra half game because wins and losses vs. NFC teams aren’t as impactful to the overall W/L record. 

I always forget that… thanks for the reminder!

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Let me break it in two:

1. Based on previous schedules, Washington would not have been a team we played.  They were the extra game.

2. We already played them.

So we’ve already played our extra game.

This is a song called "Alice's Restaurant."

But "Alice's Restaurant" isn't the name of the restaurant, it's just the name of the song.

So that's why I call the song "Alice's Restaurant."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Let me break it in two:

1. Based on previous schedules, Washington would not have been a team we played.  They were the extra game.

Try this…..think of it as “a game”. Leave out “extra”. It is just a game, like all the other games. 

Two thoughts immediately come to mind:

1) The schedule makers are sending us the Texans this week. I can’t hate them for that. 

2) Regarding the Chiefs and the Titans, at least we know WHO we are playing, and WHEN we are playing them. That is a BIG improvement over that crazy @#$. ^%&$ last season! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

This is a song called "Alice's Restaurant."

But "Alice's Restaurant" isn't the name of the restaurant, it's just the name of the song.

So that's why I call the song "Alice's Restaurant."

Is that the song where they sing Kiss my grits?  

48 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m probably making more out of this than need be, but something has struck me as off since the schedule came out.  Two of our tougher games, KC and Tenn; games which could have an impact on seeding, are coming up.  Forgetting the fact that they are back to back….again…..they also come after games which put us at a schedule disadvantage.

1. We play Wash coming off a mini-bye

2. We play Hou coming off a mini-bye

Granted these teams aren’t great but still.

3. And most importantly, the NFL added an extra game to the schedule this year.  It involved an inter-conference opponent that was not in the previous formula.  Ours is Wash.  So not only do we head into KC/Tenn after playing two teams off byes, but we’ve already played our extra game.  I’m glad this is week 5/6 rather than say 11/12 but by then maybe KC and Tenn would have played an extra game too.  

This seems unfair.

Honestly our schedule is set up perfectly and the only real tough stretch is coming up with back to back primetime road games @ KC and TN.

If I had any complaints is that I would prefer to have the bye week more in the middle of the schedule similar to last year.

Also playing the Jets and Pats x 2 later in the season initially appeared challenging because the assumption was made that both those teams would be playing better football as the season goes on but I'm not sure we don't sweep the division again this year based on how weak pretty much everyone else looks especially the Jets.

In the end I predicted 12-5 assuming tougher division games but this may very well be a 14-3 team even with another bad loss/upset like the Steelers game.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Honestly our schedule is set up perfectly and the only real tough stretch is coming up with back to back primetime road games @ KC and TN.

If I had any complaints is that I would prefer to have the bye week more in the middle of the schedule similar to last year.

Also playing the Jets and Pats x 2 later in the season initially appeared challenging because the assumption was made that both those teams would be playing better football as the season goes on but I'm not sure we don't sweep the division again this year based on how weak pretty much everyone else looks especially the Jets.

In the end I predicted 12-5 assuming tougher division games but this may very well be a 14-3 team even with another bad loss/upset like the Steelers game.

For some reason the Jets usually give the Bills a tough time. Last year with Gase as the HC the Bills only won 27-17 and 18-10. The game at MetLife the Bills couldn't even get in the endzone. The Bills should sweep them again but I wouldn't be surprised if they are tough games.

57 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Right but we already had our extra game and will play KC/Tenn when they haven’t had an extra game.

Help me understand this.....seriously what bloody difference does this make???  What difference does this make????

42 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

After playing Tenn, KC and TB on the road ... what will the Bills record be for those three games?  I would be super thrilled if we win 2 of 3.

They are all winnable games....I too would be pumped with 2-1....even more pumped with 3-0.

Go BILLS!

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Let me break it in two:

I haven't read any posts in the thread past this one.. please tell me you admitted later on that you were trolling?

We've had much worse schedules in the past. I think there was a 3 year stretch where the Patriots either played us after a bye or Thursday night game.

I kind of love the schedule this year.  Now that we have a good gauge on the quality of our opponents, the division and a high playoff seed seem very attainable as long as the team stays relatively healthy.

Pitt was such an anomaly.  I think they only chance they had to beat us was that game being scheduled week 1.  

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m glad this is week 5/6 rather than say 11/12 but by then maybe KC and Tenn would have played an extra game too.  

Wait, what?  Granted, I'm a bit older now, but if my math skills are holding up then nobody will have played an "extra game" until after week 18 is complete.  Every season, teams play an equal number of games against different and inherently unequal opponents determined by a formula.  Has that concept changed?  Or has the formula simply been tweaked to add a 17th game that every team plays?  I'm pretty sure its the latter.  Has it ever been policy to have all teams play divisional or inter conference games at equal pace and on similarly scheduled weeks?  I don't remember that ever being part of the deal.  Do you?

K.C. has already played Cleveland.  We haven't and don't.  K.C. has already played Baltimore.  We haven't and don't.  So what?  This is NFL scheduling as it has always been.  KC has played 3 games.  So have we.  When we meet them in week 5, we will each come in having prepared for and played 4 different and unique opponents.  Life in the N.F.L.  as it has always been...  

• Thank you (+1) 1