9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

The defense was fine.  Yes, Wallace got picked on a bit in the second half, but he was right there on a couple of those plays.  The Johnson TD was good coverage.  It was just a great play by Johnson.  The Steelers have a great group of receivers and overall the D held up their end of the bargain.

We lost this game for three reasons:

1. Terrible offensive playcalling, especially in short yardage situations.

2.  Horrible offensive line play.  (But some of this falls at the feet of Daboll for not sprinkling in more Singletary runs until it was too late)

3. And obviously, the blocked punt TD.

Overall, I'm not too worried.  And this might have been a good wakeup call for the team that nothing comes easy in the NFL.

I agree, I think everything kinda stemmed from the O line getting absolutely owned by the steelers 4. The pressure stressed Allen, making play calls difficult. Not sure why everyone is saying Allen played like trash, he had an off day but there isn't a qb in the nfl that succeeds from that kind of front 4 pressure. (See mahomes superbowl). We made a few huge mistakes against an elite D. You don't win games that way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billrooter said:

You are right, ended 12-5. Not sure about that though Baltimore nor Cleveland won't be easy outs and lets wait to see how Bens arm is after more than one game.

Cleveland is going to destroy Pittsburg this year, it’s not going to be close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

The Steelers are not contenders.  Sorry, but they are not.  They are a middle of the road team.  You'll see...

They will get smacked around in the AFC North. This Bills team is finesse, and does tend to get bullied. That’s been an issue for several years. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You are a better man than me LOL…

I was impressed by the last Motor drive. We couldn’t do that last year at all. Josh missed that deep throw early, as usual. To be a SB team, you can’t overthrow those passes. 

The pass rush is clearly better. Ben was throwing up some ducks that were caught, but normally wouldn’t be.

Just now, SirAndrew said:

They will get smacked around in the AFC North. This Bills team is finesse, and does tend to get bullied. That’s been an issue for several years. 

I actually made the same point to a buddy of mine today before the game.  I agree.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I wouldn't go that far.

The Ravens game was in fantastic 2020s NFL football weather.  

The Colts were a great D and we did just fine.  

Chiefs game was I mean come on.  

Our oline is average.

The second half of the colts game they did nothing and almost yakked up the game, the Ravens and Chiefs games they were awful. Today the offense was more of the same. Can't block, can't move the ball, can't score touchdowns to finish drives. That's 14 quarters of bad offensive football for a team that is built to rely on its offense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Governor said:

I was impressed by the last Motor drive. We couldn’t do that last year at all. Josh missed that deep throw early, as usual. To be a SB team, you can’t overthrow those passes. 

The pass rush is clearly better. Ben was throwing up some ducks that were caught, but normally wouldn’t be.

Pittsburg adjusted in the second half, we didn’t..,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I just don’t see it, Big Ben isn’t good enough to QB a championship anymore. Maybe they have a great defense, but people are going to find ways to outscore the Steelers. Teams that can run the ball, and play hard nosed defense will be able to beat the Steelers. They might be a playoff team, but they aren’t top notch imo. We’re supposed to be top notch. We have the rest of the season to show that, and if we want to win the Lombardi, we’ll need to beat teams who are much better than the Steelers. 

What makes big Ben not good enough? His most recent season was statistically as good as any other lol he had one horrendous half of football in the AFC divisional round 

Play calling and design looked very weak today.  Nearly every play seemed to be covered like glue leaving many tight contested passes. 

Run game was again non existent. 

We didn't make impact plays when the chance was there. 

2 turn overs and a blocked punt for a TD ended us. 

On to next week. 

Positive note.....Rambo looked improved. 

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Like (+1) 1