Tyrod Taylor named Texans starting QB vs. Jags Week 1

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

No idea why Tyrod gets so much hate around here. Just because he wasn’t a game changing franchise QB doesn’t mean he deserves scorn for ending a massive playoff drought.

The hate is people hyping him being nothing more than a journeyman QB. He's alit like David Garrard, plays low risk ball but not good enough to lead you anywhere alone. I mean how many times were the Bills behind less than 7 points late in the 4th and knew we had no chance with Tyrod to win. He's an above average backup but not a guy I want playing more than  2 or 3 games a season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

My biggest beef against Tuhrod is that for three years here (and 4 years in Bmore before that, SEVEN YEARS!), he was Tie-rod.  After he left here, he finally got the balls to tell people his name was pronounced Tuh-rod.  Dude had no balls on or off the field.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Dude was an awesome runner. He made some gamebreaking plays with his legs. Based on what I saw in preseason, he's still the same thrower. No change there.

I'm a conversation about Cam Newton, I think it was NFLN analysts who were saying Cam never improved his passing skills enough to remain a starter after his legs degraded. I agree with that and Tyrod is in the same boat. He's a good backup but he's not going to last much longer even as a backup unless he improves his passing.

Regardless, he's had a long-enough career by relative standards.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

No idea why Tyrod gets so much hate around here. Just because he wasn’t a game changing franchise QB doesn’t mean he deserves scorn for ending a massive playoff drought.

Probably because he stinks and passed for 130 yards on 37 attempts wasting a Bills playoff appearance 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

My biggest beef against Tuhrod is that for three years here (and 4 years in Bmore before that, SEVEN YEARS!), he was Tie-rod.  After he left here, he finally got the balls to tell people his name was pronounced Tuh-rod.  Dude had no balls on or off the field.

Congratulations!  If that is your Biggest Beef against the man, you have just won the Award of Merit for Nothingburger

I'm sure when he was the backup QB in Baltimore, everyone was crowding his locker all the time, asking him how to pronounce his name 🙄

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Probably because he stinks and passed for 130 yards on 37 attempts wasting a Bills playoff appearance 

True, Dat.  If he'd passed for 188 yds on 37 attempts it woulda been SOoooooOOOooo much better!

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He also had a winning record in the 3 years he played here and was a contributor in ending the longest playoff drought in the teams history…

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

He also had a winning record in the 3 years he played here and was a contributor in ending the longest playoff drought in the teams history…

let’s pretend he doesn’t suck 😩😩

Browns tried to start him and had to backtrack after a couple of weeks.   

He’s doo doo.    Poor Texans fans 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

let’s pretend he doesn’t suck 😩😩

Browns tried to start him and had to backtrack after a couple of weeks.   

He’s doo doo.    Poor Texans fans 

He is a decent QB, a low end starter or a high end backup. Glad the team moved on from him but also don’t get the hate that comes his way either. He was one of the better QB’s the team had in the drought era and he turned up with a winning record.

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

He is a decent QB, a low end starter or a high end backup. Glad the team moved on from him but also don’t get the hate that comes his way either. He was one of the better QB’s the team had in the drought era and he turned up with a winning record.

He’s not a low end starter and he’s not a decent QB.  Hue Jackson believed that and then benched him and ultimately got canned.  

Everyone loves to be the nice guy but you gotta face facts.    He stinks 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He’s not a low end starter and he’s not a decent QB.  Hue Jackson believed that and then benched him and ultimately got canned.  

Everyone loves to be the nice guy but you gotta face facts.    He stinks 

He did have that outstanding 53 yd performance against the Saints

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.houstontexans.com/video/head-coach-david-culley-monday-press-conference-9-6-2021

Press conference with David Culley.

I haven’t really been impressed with this guy as a head coach so far, but time will tell...

As far as I'm concerned, he's a Great HC.  He persuaded the Texans to hire him instead of pursuing Frazier or Daboll.  Good work, Coach!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Congratulations!  If that is your Biggest Beef against the man, you have just won the Award of Merit for Nothingburger

I'm sure when he was the backup QB in Baltimore, everyone was crowding his locker all the time, asking him how to pronounce his name 🙄

True, Dat.  If he'd passed for 188 yds on 37 attempts it woulda been SOoooooOOOooo much better!

Well, in all honestly passing for 58 more yards might have won that game 😆